New look WGC

Stealthbomber

Being as the old system isn't being updated I expect it to dissapear at some point

Fair expectation. Except the old site is still being updated with new products. Frankly, I think the new site is horrible. I gave it a fair chance, but after 3 days, the old one is still preferable. Kinda hope the new site gets very few hits and they decide to give up on it. But I doubt customer preference will have any sway on the mind of the web technician.

Kinda hope the new site gets very few hits and they decide to give up on it. But I doubt customer preference will have any sway on the mind of the web technician.

Ain't that the truth! Been workin' with IT-support on all different levels since -99 and lemme tell you one thing here: Once a new "improved" system is up and running it sure as *suitcase* ain't goin' away. Never happened ;)

Tell you what though, I ordered some stuff (optics, claw mount, 2 batteries and 2 slings) via the new interface and I didn't have to wait for the quotation - no sir, I could paypal them right there on the spot. Ain't that kinda nice?

Bottom line - let's roll!

I suspect the reason the old version site gets updated is because the back-end (stock management) is same for them.

The new look has couple quirks that weren't in older and some that have remained from older one on.

I found the long pages on old version annoying since the page kept 'jumping' while all the pictures kept loading, the new 10/page is slightly more bearable in that way.

Another big bonus is the stock level indicators.

Well, as much as I like the new look, it still has crappy SEARCH since not even the new site supports multiple keywords like Redwolf's SEARCH does...

Redwolf is still way ahead in this matter.

Also, one thing I liked in the old site was that you had the option to "filter" items in a certain category (ex. RIS/RAS) by brand and narrow down your items of interest even further.

Not happening with the new site. At least I couldn't figure a way to do it.

I like the way it shows the qty. of available stock of the items...... only if it's accurate enough. :P

No, the availability of stock is not that accurate ;) . My recent order included a Firefly hop up bucking which is in the green status (pretty much full), but I received an email this morning saying they have ran out and have offered a substitute..

I don't really mind the new layout. Doesn't take that long to load, but it's not as quick as the old one, plus the old one is a lot easier to locate exactly what you are looking for due to the way the categories are set.

:rolleyes:

The colour scheme hurts my brain, why bright green and white?

Because they already chose that about a year ago.

I have a mouse mat of their logo. Received it from them a year ago.

Most probably because I am a good customer. :D

Archived