Total Practical Loadout

RC-1138

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaffa tape is superior to duck and duct tapes!

As for buying gear, its hardly relevant. Get an AEG with a large highcap magazine (G3, AK M14 ect) and lern to shoot properly and you dont need magpouches for extra mags.

Very rarely in woodland does anyone use a handgun, therefore practicality dictates you should remove it from the picture. Ergo no holster or pistol mag pouches.

I have happly used a DPM jacket (real deal military jacket for £10) and the few pockets on the front are enough for a small ammount of BBs spare battery and a radio.

Practicaly you dont need ANY gear so forget the whole real vs repro as not only is it wrong, it is irrelevant.

I stick by my origonal statement:

Full face airsoft mask

Good boots

An AEG capable of firing at good range, (close to your sites limit, with a TB and upgraded hop rubber)

one large highcap(or two smaller ones, 500-600 should see you through any firefight, then you can retire to reload before returning to the next firefight)

Some way to carry BBs.

Thats the bare minimum i think. A good sniper will do with much less ammo reducing weight, though a lot of sites will require them to carry a pistol or similar.

Exactly, as I said before practical means useful not simple or basic or cheap. Although something that is practical could also have one or more of those properties.

For example having a webbing full of empty pouches is not practical. The same webbing loaded up with low caps and other things you need is practical.

The problem most people seem to have in this thread is they don't think that practicality is subjective when to a large degree it is based on how and where you play. There isn't a right answer just a series of different solutions to a problem that is similar for most of us but not the same.

The way I see this thread is as an antidote to the long threads on replicating a certain unit but rather than talking about what undies SEALs wear or which flip-flops are all the rage to go with your SBS handbag it's about what Gear choices you've ended up making to play Airsoft from the point of view of that kit being useful.

The way I see this thread is as an antidote to the long threads on replicating a certain unit but rather than talking about what undies SEALs wear or which flip-flops are all the rage to go with your SBS handbag it's about what Gear choices you've ended up making to play Airsoft from the point of view of that kit being useful.

Everyone knows the SEALs go commando.

Mostly I agree with you, but I think I would interpret the thread more as "what's the least I can carry and still be just as effective" in which case midcaps or highcaps would be more useful than lowcaps. For any decently sized skirmish I think either a water bladder is pretty close to mandatory, but besides that I think one is free to use just about whatever they want since everyones playstyle is different.

practical does not mean "fun"

For example filling a room with half a belt from a minimi is fun, but its more practical to lob in a frager.

You are getting confused between efficiency and practicality. Both are practical the latter is just more efficient.

We play Airsoft for entertainment so I'd hazard a guess that a practical loadout is one that is in part fun whilst using. ;)

Archived