Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just point out this a Force Recon thread, Not a MARSOC thread..

Here you go: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/179539-usmc-loadouts/?hl=usmc

The vast majority of people who post here can't give a stuff. Mods don't give a stuff. So why disrupt the flow?

TBQH, as far as I'm concerned (and I suspect most people who do actually post and visit here), this is a thread for USMC non-regular units (FR/Recon Batt, MARSOC, but if anyone is so inclined even the odd Scout Sniper, SRT, ANGLICO). The other thread is for USMC regular units.

The vast majority of people who post here can't give a stuff. Mods don't give a stuff. So why disrupt the flow?

TBQH, as far as I'm concerned (and I suspect most people who do actually post and visit here), this is a thread for USMC non-regular units (FR/Recon Batt, MARSOC, but if anyone is so inclined even the odd Scout Sniper, SRT, ANGLICO). The other thread is for USMC regular units.

Agreed. That's how I've always looked at the two threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome posts! The thing about people posting MARSOC in here is if you think that it's getting to be a problem, go ahead and make the designated thread for it yourself. But since people have been posting all this cool stuff in this thread for a while, I would like keeping it all here.

Following that logic, if someone else posts a Hello Kitty loadout here, I should make the designated thread for it myself.

I know that posting MARSOC kits here has been something common since a long time ago, but I concur on the fact that it doesn't match the purpose of this thread.

Or at least some mod could edit the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Except Hello Kitty loadouts aren't being done by everyone and their mother and being posted on this thread.  So no, you're not following.

I do agree that the title could be changed, however I'd rather see more people's kits one here than comments about whether we should/shouldn't change how people are posting.

ask and you shall recieve

Finally got another JPC and here's how i've got it set up for BH3 coming up next month.

CeOdH8t.jpg

quietpro and FSBEII admin are a bit out of place for marsoc, but w/e lol in ear comms systems are the *suitcase*, and being that i'll be a PL for BH3 having the extra admin pouch space will probably be handy

Okay, so I guess you didn't even read anything in my post:

"Kit isn't a 100% super duper accurate MARSOC impression."

It's based around a 2010-2011 kit.

The "*suitcasey* looking" PTT is a Nacre Quietpro system, which was issued to Marines..

I don't care what pouches you think I'm missing, this is my kit.

I'm not going to bother justifying using an issued canteen pouch..

I specified that I haven't gotten around to buying a safariland for my glock yet.

I have an MS2000, I don't see why you're bothered about it considering I didn't post a picture of the back of my helmet..

faMKIDn.jpg

Here's a picture so you don't have to get all buttflustered about it ever again :)

Any short dots you see in use by MARSOC are private purchase or are purchased on a unit to unit basis, but are not issued with the Block II SOPMOD program.

UlRmEnl.jpg

You should familiarize yourself with this diagram.

This also should explain the ACOG.

5dWQSPv.jpg

(ACOG in use as of last year)

Regarding the 552, I've seen MARSOC with them:

8qbhT2f.jpg

pgs2ljE.jpg

I'd also like to see your 100% accurate MARSOC kit :)

..if I had to guess....I would say these Marines are Recon, not MARSOC. Uniforms and gear are too uniform.

..if I had to guess....I would say these Marines are Recon, not MARSOC. Uniforms and gear are too uniform.

It's possible, but I don't think there's any real question about whether MARSOC has used the whole gamut of EOTECHs. A few are rare and shouldn't be the base of an impression, but especially during Force's relative lull there were a ton of pictures of them. IIRC they seemed as prevalent as ACOGs for a while.

I also promise I'll get some pictures up here soon, I've got all the kit sitting on my floor and we finally have the good weather to take them outside, I just don't have someone else to do the actual shooting >.<

My Force Recon loadout is so close to be finished! Now I need to upgrade my TM MEU(SOC). It works great as a skirmish gun, but my loadout deserves something better in terms of impression (though I already bough the Pachmayr grips). Which metal kit should I buy in order to keep it as reliable as possible while giving it the best look? :)

• 2 weeks later...

@wingman, yes :)

I bought some ToySoldier repro g3 woodycams for an upcoming OP incase I dont lose enough weight to fit my real crye g3 woodycams in time lol

5YeNHL3.jpg

D7UegmT.jpg

@Teufelhunden (and Adiventure), both of those pictures nixon referenced are of marsoc. 

and I look forward to seein your FR kit Cpt. Winters :)  I'm in the same boat as you with my TM MEU, I had planned to get a Guarder Springfield TRP kit, slide serrations are similar to the Kimber's so it'd pass for the '10 foot test' for the most part.  I'd love to get a Kimber ICQB kit for it, but those are next to impossible to find unless they released a more available kit within the last year or so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's the best EOTech 552 replica and where to get it in the US? I've seen good comments about the Hurricane and G&P ones, but it's almost impossible to find them.

BTW I'm just patiently waiting for some stuff coming from China. As soon as they arrive my loadout will be around 95% complete, which I think is a pretty decent standard to start posting some pictures and asking for feedback.  :)

Does anyone know what's the best EOTech 552 replica and where to get it in the US? I've seen good comments about the Hurricane and G&P ones, but it's almost impossible to find them.

I have an AABB one that's treated me well for the year or so that I've had it, and I've beat the hell out of it. No problems thus far.

xrykirOl.jpg

CHgSZzjl.jpg

CZyq7ipl.jpg

OjRzEj5l.jpg

xvadiool.jpg

yqLzDbVl.jpg

CPOdkASl.jpg

GdybNAgl.jpg

XdlsQWxl.jpg

a1FekCel.jpg

Also; went out and did a small photoshoot, kitlist on request :D

I have an AABB one that's treated me well for the year or so that I've had it, and I've beat the hell out of it. No problems thus far.

xrykirOl.jpg

CHgSZzjl.jpg

CZyq7ipl.jpg

OjRzEj5l.jpg

xvadiool.jpg

yqLzDbVl.jpg

CPOdkASl.jpg

GdybNAgl.jpg

XdlsQWxl.jpg

a1FekCel.jpg

Also; went out and did a small photoshoot, kitlist on request :D

Nice set!

Regarding the EOTech replica, I watched a couple of reviews and they say the red dot won't be visible enough during sunny days—which is precisely what I'm trying to avoid as I live in a very dry and sunny area and we play on desert. :)

Ive got a HurricanE 553 thats rock solid the dot is usable in bright sunshine and its only been through 2 sets of AA batteries in about 5 years, they are more expensive than your ACM/clones but i think its well worth it, mine sits on either my Mk18 or my MARSOC block2

Ive got a HurricanE 553 thats rock solid the dot is usable in bright sunshine and its only been through 2 sets of AA batteries in about 5 years, they are more expensive than your ACM/clones but i think its well worth it, mine sits on either my Mk18 or my MARSOC block2

Good to know, but aren't those no longer in production? Also, for my impression I'm looking for the 552 one. :(

Archived