Magpul Jacket?

Robinio

As I said, I don't think Chris and Travis mind people emulating them, as long as it gets them out to learn (through them or through other schools). It's like buying a sports car, till you learn how to drive it to even a fraction of it's capabilities you're just buying it for the "posing" factor.

I know that my time with Chris and Travis directly affected how my gear is set up. I run a fairly simple belt rig, which has been a complete about face from how I used to wear my gear at shooting events. So as you said, if that emulations pushes people to be better at what they want to do, that's cool. You summed up perfectly when it becomes an issue of dress up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saying Arcteryx is expensive is laughable until you see their new line

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx

Im sorry i dont even think baby tears are worth that much

Though clearly too expensive, I would suggest that their pricing is somewhat inline with some similar "highend", and in this case "high fashion" items. Considering that people pay multi hundred dollar sums for jeans with holes from midrange fashion chains, one cans see where they got the pricing models from. Helps that besides the cost I haven't heard a bad word of their products (and the ones I have are great).

Saying Arcteryx is expensive is laughable until you see their new line

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx

Im sorry i dont even think baby tears are worth that much

I'm going to ask my buddy over there what's up. The thing is Vancouver is a very weird place. People living there have tons of cash, tourists have tons of spending money also, and with the outdoor ethos folks wear a lot of outdoor clothing as nice dress clothing. Selling that stuff in a spot n Whistler and over on Robson St will go fine.

A lot of stuff like this springs from a couple people in the company sewing up custom stuff for themselves, and people begging them to make more to sell.

So the guys at Arcteryx say the Veilance is almost completely outside their normal routine, kind of a concept. All the technical material or construction techniques they've developed applied to "normal" clothing. Sold mostly online and few international clothing boutiques.

I've gamed my LEAF jacket a few times and really like it. For someone who's not totally down with big dollars on a jacket or doesn't have a hookup you can get most of the features of the combat jacket in the regular line. If you hit up a hiking store when they're going through a season change you can grab up a out of production colour at a good price.

Archived