Magpul Jacket?

Robinio

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares what those american bozzo's are wearing?

The original poster, but thanks for chiming in with that awesome bit of opinion there.

Ruertar, someone asked Costa in our class about how people are picking apart all of his gear, down to the creepiest detail. He just shuddered. That sums it up. :P

Sorry no offence it's 2.30am here and i'm ###### and just don't see the point! Magpul kit is ace and i'm sure their great instructors so was Jeff Cooper but I never heard of people wanting to dress like him! Still each to their own. You say other american bozzo's but sadly the american bit is totally superflous, everyone;s at it.

Right, anadin, H2O and Bed, the hangover is gonna be a doosie!!!

I've said this in other threads, but it's not Chris and Travis' fault that people are copying their gear. Frankly they've done a great job of marketing 'training'. Good for them, if they can make people want to get out there and be better and safer, that's a good thing.

I think there's no debate some people idol worship, and it goes overboard. But most of this whole forum is about people copying what they think is cool. Usually that stuff doesn't fly in the real shooting world, where if you show up with a lot of kit, and suck, you get called on it.

Regardless, good jackets, you can't go wrong.

He just shuddered. That sums it up. :P

He shuddered, like creepy chill? Or he just raised his shoulders, like the "I dunno" or "why do I care"?

It's fanboyism, and it's something I've seen mass amounts of in airsoft and nowhere else, In some sports younger players want to be like someone else but as they get older they just want to be themselves. Is this a reflection of the demographics of airsoft, or is it just that airsoft mostly consists of posers of what ever the *it* fad is (we can all say we've fallen under this at least once).

Personally I don't know how Costa is, he could be a cool guy, but his image annoys the ###### out of me and I've never even seen any of the magpul videos. Every place I look it's a "Costa-esque xxxxx" or "what does Costa use here". Why not read reviews and see what might work for you. Why not just be yourself instead of someone else, airsoft isn't Halloween. I can understand wanting something because you think it looks good, but don't do it to mimic.

BTW TAD Gear makes a jacket very similar to the Arc'teryx but for half the cost.

He shuddered, like creepy chill? Or he just raised his shoulders, like the "I dunno" or "why do I care"?

Personally I don't know how Costa is, he could be a cool guy, but his image annoys the ###### out of me and I've never even seen any of the magpul videos. Every place I look it's a "Costa-esque xxxxx" or "what does Costa use here". Why not read reviews and see what might work for you. Why not just be yourself instead of someone else, airsoft isn't Halloween. I can understand wanting something because you think it looks good, but don't do it to mimic.

A bit of both. He shrugs it off, and he's a really down to earth guy. I really enjoyed talking to him outside of the class the week before he taught us.

That said, the ironic thing with all this copying is that Chris and Travis are very much about "here's our technique, apply it to YOUR gear and how YOU do your shooting" not "you need to use this and that." This goes to slings, plate carriers, rifles, etc. People rocked gear outside of the magpul parts catalog, and they showed people how to do the best job with the items the students liked most. So it's funny to see people go so full tilt in to replicating that stuff down to the finest detail.

Airsoft as a culture does stem from that tight replication of other people's gear, it's usually just from a more broad starting point (seals, SAS, rangers, etc). Again he and Travis are the real deal, and are amazing shooters. But there are other great shooters out there like Vickers, Hackathorn, Rogers, and I'm sure a ton of UK shooters who I wouldn't begin to be able to recognize because I don't know that well. The big difference is that Magpul has made their training look cool, and it is, is it the best? No, there's other schools that teach higher skill levels. But Magpul's done a great job of marketing an activity that most people in the mainstream didn't consider cool before. So it's great to see people actively seeking out training.

And I totally agree, the TAD jackets are JUST as good.

Frogfish, his "image" annoys you yet its perpetuated by the internet, not by him...

How can that annoy you?

You should spend the money on a training class and actually get to know the guy. Hes one of the most sincere, humble, yet confident men ive ever had the pleasure of meeting in my short 26 years of life and im honored to have learned from him.

The guy knows his *suitcase* and he genuinely wants to teach. There is a REASON why he garners as much respect as he does and its not because he wears cool pants...

Guy wants a good tactical jacket. Costa knows how to keep warm well, guy thinks his jacket looks cool. He wants a jacket like his. I see no worship or fanboyism in that

I'm pretty sure Costa cares when people like a jacket he owns. :rolleyes: -SARCASM-In fact, I like it to. I wish I could afford it. Does that make me a Costa fanboy? UM..Nope

I doubt you guys go out to the pub with Costa and really know him 100%.

Its stupid how you guys think if people like anything magpul, its automatic Dynamics/Costa/Travis fanboy

No no, he personally dosen't annoy me it's the fanboys that do. I've been avoiding getting the magpul vids, but I've been reading into them since I started reading this thread and I think I'm going to buy a copy.

Fox I'm not talking people who just want kit they say Costa using, I'm not ragging on the OP, I'm talking about the people who go "and this is my Costa loadout ain't I cool!!"

I believe he is sincere and humble he just has that type of "look" about him when I see his pics (Not to mention the totally bad *albatross* beard, now that I might copy), then I come onto the forums, not so much here anymore but other places, and it's "let me copy 100% of his look so I can be Uberfreakingtacticooleet", not because it works, but because the person thinks that if they look the part the rest will come on it's own, and that annoys the ###### outta me.

I haven't taken any tactical training and it shows in how I play, no I don't run around like a paintballer finger rolling my way to higher ROF, but I don't have fast mag changes, and I'm certainty no good at clearing rooms, ect. But I don't really care, I still have fun, and I certaintly don't say I'm anything other than a seasoned airsoft player. However; it seems I could get by with that skill level in at local games in Houston, now I'm in NC/VA it seems I'm playing with a larger number of experienced players and fewer kiddies who didn't like the bright colored Fox jerseys, so it might be time to up the anty.

Wow I'm in a pissy mood tonight, to anyone looking into a masters in Archaeology, do something valuable with your time, otherwise you'll end up an angry old fart in your mid 20s.

Magsz know's Chris pretty well actually. I've certainly talked with Chris a lot in the past year, but not to Magsz level.

I will say this, Chris is a really low key guy off the range, but make no mistake what he teaches is serious business. Even on a one way range accidents happen, and you don't joke around when you're shooting with other people 4-5 feet on your left and right. Because of that Chris is low key when everyone has hanged and safed their guns, but the minute things go live he does turn in to that hardass persona, because he and his co-instructor are charged with not only teaching students skills, but is responsible for their safety. I think that side is plainly visible on the DVDs.

Within the context of the original poster's question, the brand and model of jacket has been answered.

BTW TAD Gear makes a jacket very similar to the Arc'teryx but for half the cost.

And I totally agree, the TAD jackets are JUST as good.

I have the TAD Jacket in both black and OD. I freakin' love them. I wear the black TAD Jacket on a daily basis. It's a shame TAD Gear doesn't make them anymore but it's mostly because people weren't buying them. I think I bought each of mine for a little over $100 while they were on sale. I have TAD Stealth Hoodies but don't wear them as I rarely need head cover. The jacket on the other hand, I can wear that out to dinner if I wanted. Such a nice jacket ... even if they did steal the design from Arc'teryx (like they do with most of their designs).

Archived