Ares WA2000

BrooklynBorn

it has a gas in mag blowback system.

the WA2000 is a bullpup and the mag can bee seen just beneath the curvature of the rear of the grip (behind the thumb hole).

i have not seen the WA2000 in scale to a human, but i suspect the barrel to be close to 600mm long.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I was asking about the gas system is as follows-

How innovative is Ares? While it is easy to put the gas in the magazine (such as most of their sniper offerings), it is possible they are cloning the Asahi. My research has shown that particular model could run on on either an external tank, or an internal gas resevoir. There is a fill valve on the underside of the frame behind the flash hider. The magazines only held bbs.

Wouldn't it be easier for them (ares) to just copy that system? I would think that a gas in the mag system would require a lot of air to both cycle the blowback and get a sniper grade BB to an effective hit range.

Of course all this is speculation, as there isnt much info about the Ares system out there, other than it takes CO2 or Top Gas and is blowback. Whatever the system is, I guess we will all find out soon enough.

ares likes to make their own guns. their G36s use V2 gearboxes and their armalites have proprietary internal parts.

it makes perfect sense for ares to not clone the Asahi as the Asahi is unruly expensive, slightly confusing and extremely hard to find. and its owners would rather not let the system be cloned.

it also wouldn't make sense to say that an externally powered rifle could use green gas and not just say "powered by CO2/HPA".

the simple implication that the gun uses green gas and that ARES likes to R&D EVERY gun that comes out of them means that the gun is a GIM GBB rifle.

well even it will obviously come painted but I'm definitely going to get it anodised for a gun metal finish cuas it will just look sexual! I'm definitely getting a smiley sticker to! but i bet the thermal scope i normally use will be a bit expensive. hopefully as this is coming out with a range of new gbb guns it will be alot better than the dsr i sure hope they've learned from there mistakes. if not i bet you any money ratech will be bringing out lots of parts for this to make it perform beautifully as well. one of these is definitely on my shopping list :)

Newbie is right lol, lets hope it comes stock fantastic, and RA tech makes it un-godly. I have high hopes for this gun, as the DRS-1 is so beautiful and I only know one person with a flawless one...All the others have failing mags, leaking, inconsistent fps. I wish this gun would be externally powered so we can regulate pressure, thats what makes a truly spot on sniper after all.

i cant trust what redwolf says until they actually get the gun. they often mislabel things anyway.

EDIT:

ARES actually just changed the info about it on their site aswell. ITS A SPRINGER NOW!

thats ######...

but, in a few games the WA2000 was a boltie, so it doesnt bother me as much as it will other people. and it means that mags will be cheaper.

After really studying the picture, you can tell it's similiar to the Geneth WA2000.

The bolt only looks to have channel half the length of the groove the real bolt slides back in, just like the Geneth, and the in the little picture showing the right side of the rifle from the front, the bolt knob looks to be much larger than the real one, just like the Geneth for easier pull.

Still a rather large disappointment from Ares. Hopefully it will at least be APS2 parts like the Geneth...if not then I'm no longer getting this.

Still a rather large EPIC disappointment from Ares.

Fixed.

I am now on the fence about cancelling my pre-order. While the WA2000 is the holy grail of airsoft sniper rifles, is it worth it to have a springer? At least it is 1/3rd the cost of the Geneth springer, but still. At this moment, the only positive it has going for it is that being an Ares product the guns externals will probably be beautiful.

I suppose being a springer, the internal mechanism would survive a 550+ fps upgrade better than a AEG or blowback. Ill need to start working out to pull the bolt back though. :)

Preorder on eHobby for $512, not sure if this was posted or not.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sniper-rifles/a...iper-rifle.html

What confuses me is that it says it fires both 6mm and 4.5mm (or .177 cal) BB's. How do they do that?!!?

they are just copypasta the info from ARES's site. ARES is releasing 6mm and .177 cal versions of it. although, after the dropping of gas power, i suspect they will drop the smaller caliber.

Gotta say I am not a fan.

and i gotta say, why bother posting?

Well, there in print is one reason why the price is so low. Scope is NOT included. It looks like a proprietary scope. Note the groove on the bottom of the scope tube. At least there is a provision for mounting standard rings. I guess the search now begins for a decent scope I can use with goggles. I'll also need to research VSR upgrades.

On the plus side it is Walters licensed, and eHobby is the first place I have seen an Ares supplied photo of the item painted and ready to ship.

My preorder is 628 including 3 day shipping to the US. I did not preorder it from eHobby. Add to that the price of a decent scope, and this "springer" will be pushing 800USD.

I shudder to think of how much the GBB version will be, assuming it is made.

Well, there in print is one reason why the price is so low. Scope is NOT included. It looks like a proprietary scope. Note the groove on the bottom of the scope tube. At least there is a provision for mounting standard rings. I guess the search now begins for a decent scope I can use with goggles. I'll also need to research VSR upgrades.

On the plus side it is Walters licensed, and eHobby is the first place I have seen an Ares supplied photo of the item painted and ready to ship.

My preorder is 628 including 3 day shipping to the US. I did not preorder it from eHobby. Add to that the price of a decent scope, and this "springer" will be pushing 800USD.

I shudder to think of how much the GBB version will be, assuming it is made.

I don't get were people are thinking that scope is included?

As for that "Finished" picture on eHobby, that's an old picture of a real one. The scope on it is a Schmidt & Bender that is commonly found on the WA2000's. As far as internals go, it will most likely be APS internals, although that is just a guess based on the rifle it appears they are cloning, the Geneth.

I don't get were people are thinking that scope is included?

As for that "Finished" picture on eHobby, that's an old picture of a real one. The scope on it is a Schmidt & Bender that is commonly found on the WA2000's. As far as internals go, it will most likely be APS internals, although that is just a guess based on the rifle it appears they are cloning, the Geneth.

Nowhere in the 74 previous posts has anyone thought it came with a scope. I mentioned I was hopeful that it did, as my Ares DSR-1 included a scope. That gun was almost double the price though.

Ehobbies posting says -- Single shoot "Marui VSR Bolt Action Spring Power System".

We have been misled in the past regarding this gun, so your guess could be right as well. We will find out around this time next month.

Personally, I don't know the difference between a VSR or a APS system as I have never owned either. Hence the need for me to do further research into possible upgrades. As long as I can get it to shoot 550+ FPS accurately then Ill be happy.

Archived