Condor Soft Shells

sierra hotel

I think this soft shell from codor was just released:

http://www.opsgear.com/Tactical-Soft-Shell...et-p/cn-602.htm

This one has been on the market for a while:

http://www.opsgear.com/Premium-Micro-Fleec...et-p/cn-601.htm

While I would like something from TAD, these products are more within my price range and look pretty good ascetically.

I've bought MOLLE pouches from Condor in the past and thought they were ok.

Do any of you have any experience with either of these products?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Black Condor Shell and Liner and they are great. I took a bucket of water Zipped up the Jacket and was splashed from 3 feet away.. the water beeded off the Jacket like a fresh coat of Wax. The only Water that penetrated the Shell was along the Zipper.

its breathable, waterprrof wind resistant and warm. I give it 4 out of 5 stars . it would get 5 stars if the label said Readyone..

post-25-12577519400214_thumb.jpg

Im wearing the Black Shell in this photo. Im 6'5 260lbs and I can usualy wear an XL shirt or bdu Top however I went with an XXL in the Shell to allow room for the liner.

Rad

It's only been in stock for a couple of weeks. I didn't feel like waiting so I got the V3 softshell from EBB (ironic huh).

Breathable and waterproof are a good start; when the Socal walk-in shops start stocking them "trying it on" is going to be the knockout punch. If the EBB version sucks I'll pick up a Condor and do a comparison.

Thanks for the detailed review Radrokin!

I think I'm definitely getting one of these now.

Quick question though I'm planning on wearing my under-armor long sleeve as the "liner" so do you think I can get away with just the shell (in my normal size)?

Yes.

If you are wearing a short sleeved shirt underneeth you will notice the zippers in the under arms are a bit cold to the touch then they warm up. They are zippers for Ventalation.

the other cool factor is the ability to have all of your wires intergrated into your jacket pockets . ipods, cell phones, Comms.. all the wires can be looped through speciffic compartments to keep you stream lined.

If you are wearing a long sleeve under armor you will be fine. short sleeve you will be fine unless its close to freezing and the zippers tend to get cold next to your bi ceps. it really isnt a big deal I am only pulling out all the cons I can think of so you make the best informed purchase..

the Hood is great and the full Zip up goes to your nose and it works at keeping wind sand dust out of your mouth and I have learned that it can keep bb's out of your mout as well.

The hood is extra Tacticool in size and I have stood in the rain and watched others shiver while I do not.

The Outer Shell

The Fleece

this is just a quick review.

It's only been in stock for a couple of weeks. I didn't feel like waiting so I got the V3 softshell from EBB (ironic huh).

Breathable and waterproof are a good start; when the Socal walk-in shops start stocking them "trying it on" is going to be the knockout punch. If the EBB version sucks I'll pick up a Condor and do a comparison.

From what I understand AEX have them in stock online and will probably have them in store soon if not already.

I bought the Condor "Premium Micro Fleece Jacket" in OD Green and Coyote Tan from USCAV.com. Received them yesterday and my thoughts are ... overall quality is decent and the cost is inexpensive, however the cuffs f#ckin' SUCK. The "Two inch extendable sleeve" (more like a 2" cuff) feels cheap and the thumb hole is in the wrong position relative to where your thumb comes out of the sleeve (with your hand out in front of you as if you're about to shake someone's hand, if your thumb is at the 11 or 12 o'clock position, the thumb hole is at the 7 to 8 o'clock position). Forcing your thumb through that thumb hole just feels awkward as you're forcing the sleeve to twist to conform to your hand. TBH, the "Two inch extendable sleeve" just looks cheesy. I really wish they had gone the TAD Gear route and just had the main sleeve extend all the way down rather than use that cheap looking extension off the end. Sizing wise, I bought a Medium and I normally wear a medium BDU. Overall sizing was about right.

I'm tempted to try their ShoftShell ... but I feel kinda burned by the Fleece so I may not. At least the Fleece was inexpensive.

From what I understand AEX have them in stock online and will probably have them in store soon if not already.

I bought the Condor "Premium Micro Fleece Jacket" in OD Green and Coyote Tan from USCAV.com. Received them yesterday and my thoughts are ... overall quality is decent and the cost is inexpensive, however the cuffs f#ckin' SUCK. The "Two inch extendable sleeve" (more like a 2" cuff) feels cheap and the thumb hole is in the wrong position relative to where your thumb comes out of the sleeve (with your hand out in front of you as if you're about to shake someone's hand, if your thumb is at the 11 or 12 o'clock position, the thumb hole is at the 7 to 8 o'clock position). Forcing your thumb through that thumb hole just feels awkward as you're forcing the sleeve to twist to conform to your hand. TBH, the "Two inch extendable sleeve" just looks cheesy. I really wish they had gone the TAD Gear route and just had the main sleeve extend all the way down rather than use that cheap looking extension off the end. Sizing wise, I bought a Medium and I normally wear a medium BDU. Overall sizing was about right.

I'm tempted to try their ShoftShell ... but I feel kinda burned by the Fleece so I may not. At least the Fleece was inexpensive.

I would agree with the cuff... on the fleece. however thecuff on the Shell is not like that . it has a velcro closer with a cinch style cuff. I think the reason for the fleece cuff is to keep heat in? snow out? while wearing the shell?

I would agree with the cuff... on the fleece. however thecuff on the Shell is not like that . it has a velcro closer with a cinch style cuff. I think the reason for the fleece cuff is to keep heat in? snow out? while wearing the shell?

I'd rather a velcro closure on the fleece's cuff like on the softshell or a generic elastic closure. The current cuff on the fleece is quite simply horrible. The SoftShell does look good though. I just wish I could swap it for the softshell.

Nope, only two replicas. The Ebaybanned one, and another one (no idea where it came from, bought it secondhand) which is a thousand times better than the EBB one that one's stolen (lucky me that is was a replica and not the real one ^^)

If the point of your post was that the Condor is not ten times better than a TAD... well yeah I was talking literally ^^ But on the other hand, you've never used the Condor jacket I suppose?

Nope, only two replicas. The Ebaybanned one, and another one (no idea where it came from, bought it secondhand) which is a thousand times better than the EBB one that one's stolen (lucky me that is was a replica and not the real one ^^)

If the point of your post was that the Condor is not ten times better than a TAD... well yeah I was talking literally ^^ But on the other hand, you've never used the Condor jacket I suppose?

The point of his post was more likely that all of the TAD jackets have had stowable hoods for a while now. ;)

I got impatient and ordered it off AirsoftArms.com this morning. Most AS sites are blocked for me at work so I had to order it before I came in this morning.

Mine was full price, $80, but I got free shipping. Also they operate out of Ohio and I'm in PA so I should get it quickly.

Your right about the back order thing all of their's except the OD in medium were on back order. Which was awesome for me because that's the exact size and color I wanted.

Archived