L119A1 Diemaco SFW - base parts - what works?

Panoptes

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i read correctly you won't be able to use the ICS M4 as a base because the split gearbox not being able to fit in TM style upper and lowers unless you modfiy it or something

imho if you could get a metal lower which is blank and got a photo of what a proper L119A1 lower looks like you could get it ingraved with the correct inscription

and parts wise i remember that Army Code parts not sure what parts tho

This thread may help:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...9114&page=4

and Army code according to the thread above did a outer barrel and front sight

Hang about...

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=11042

Markings wrong though and overall, just 'doesn't look right' (especially the barrel). Front sight looks ok though. Would need RIS malarky for panels etc - is there one in there? :unsure:

Could I replace receiver with...?

http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/vi...productID=24049

:)

Massively keen to avoid battery sling/pouch though - could a custom mini be made for the RIS?

I use a Mosquito molds Battery RIS on mine which takes a mini 8.4 no problem. though some people use nunchuck li-po's in the RIS

RIS battery

or just a stock tube li-po

There is a massive thread on making your own L119A1 and a guy that makes custom barrels and surefire suppressors on ASCUK but the site is down at the moment so I can't link you to it unfortunatly.

Oh and it is possible to make one from an ICS M4 mine is

diemaco1.jpg

DSCF2937.jpg

DSCF2939.jpg

You'll just need to get the correct trades ingraved on the lower reciever ;)

Thanks, it did.

• I've only used an ICS M4 so it's all I know - what do you think I should get as a compatible and reliable base M4 RIS? G&P? TM? CA? I want decent internals and FPS from the get-go but I've read that the TM RIS is too short?...

• Do I need a dedicated charger for Li-Pos? (Have Pro-Peak currently)

• Do I use a 407mm or 433mm barrel? If the 433, what all this about needing a PSS10 Air Seal Chamber?.... :unsure:

• 'Pro Arms' Two Piece Aluminium Barrel Set or the Dragon Red Three piece Steel one? (WTF?) :huh:

Right, "let's do this". [orders some stuff]

Might as well turn this into a build thread.

;)

Ordered:

L119A1 Body - Dragon Red

If you want to keep the ICS split gearbox/base gun then simple thing to do is-

Buy a ready-mag,

Buy and ICS 10.5" M4 barrel and RIS,

Wait until ASCUK is up again and get hold of one of Mike Perrs L119A1 extesions,

Firgure out whether you want to rear wire to a stock tube LiPo, a battery in the ready-mag, or battery in a Peq,

Buy the correct Acog,

Buy some Krylon,

Buy an SF Scout or clone,

Buy some rail panels and a VFG,

Buy the correct Sf556 flash hider,

Add all these bits together, jobs a goodun.

Brain exploding. <_<

Have the following selected. Up to £400 or so already + shipping/imports etc and I'm not even there yet.

Systema Complete Mechabox Turbo Set For SR-16 / M4 ( M100 )

Systema Steel Bolt Stop For M16 Series

Systema Steel Charging Handle Set For M16 Series or King Arms Charging Handle Type B For M4 Series? - still need the spring

Pro-Arms L119A1 Outer Barrel For AEG

Guarder M4 Collapsible Stock Butt Pad or Guarder 6 Position Carbine Stock Pad?

King Arms Enchanced Pistol Grip For M16 & M4 Series - where's the feckin' end cap?

Guarder COOLAPSIBLE AR-15/M4 CARBINE STOCK-Black (Original Style) - four stop or six?

VFC M4 Steel Front Sight With Sling Swivel

G&P M4 Dust Cover & Bolt Cover Set - looks a bit ######...

Prometheus 6.03 EG Barrel For M4 / SR16 / SG551+ ( 407mm )?????

Can't find a bolt release. Nightmare...

I take it TM AEGs have plastic gearboxes? And their RIS are too short (and plastic), right?

What base AEG should I get to save me all the hassle of the fiddly/elusive parts but still get good internals? I just want to put on L119A1 receiver, whack-in the barrels and be done with it.

:)

you mean plastic bodies instead of plastick gearboxes? right? if so then bodys metal, gearboxes metal

not sure on the RIS

if your after a donor gun why not have a look at the KWA M4 and KA M4 if i remember rightly they come with some awesome stuff as standard and are both "lipo ready"

also theres the deep fire M4 i saw on some video dunno if its out yet like but its worth looking into

Cheers.

Finding all the 'fiddly bits' for a full build is turning out to be a real nause. :(

I now have the L119A1 Receiver and Barrel set on order:

Can I assume it'll be safe to use my ICS M4A1 as a donor for the RIS, front sight, mag release, bolt release, dust cover, bolt mechanism, charging handle/spring etc or will the ICS' proprietory receiver design have an impact on these parts too?

Alternatively; just seen a review for the G&P M4A1 Marine edition http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=177998 - would this work as a donor as it says it's an 8mm gearbox? I'm assuming the L119A1 receiver is 'Marui compatible'...

:(

Thanks for your help. I think I'll run with a G&P M4 Commando (for the front sight, stock, grip, hop unit, muzzle and them 'fiddly bits' on the receiver). At least I won't then have to source a decent hop unit either. :)

I won't be using the ICs any more so might as well let someone else have the use of it.

Archived