Best bullpup?

ultimentra

While it's getting a bit dated now, my TM uzi always used to serve me well, especially at closer ranges. It's small size was a bonus too, as it could be carried as a second primary. (Magazine in pistol grip guns are bullpups, as the trigger is forwards of the magazine and the working parts are too.)

Army armaments L85's are very good as well - they've got the most realistic externals of any of the airsoft SA80's i've seen (which includes star, but not ICS). Stock performance was good too, i've personally never had any issues, although it is heavy.

As a few people have already said, the Real sword Type 97 is a very nice piece of kit. I havn't skirmished with one, just used it on a range but the performance seemed absolutely fine, and the externals were brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've often wondered where the name "bull pup" came from, and I think i've found an answer: The nambu Type IIA machine pistol, a rare Japanese SMG from just before WW2 carried the nickname "bull pup", due to its rarity. It was the first weapon to utilise the uzi/mac 10/sa.23 configuration:

photogtypeiimodela.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard an alternative explanation for the name?

Random bit of history for you there,

regards

-Matt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say the idea first was floated by the Brits back around 1901. The name was used in the 50's to refer to pistols with fancy grips/stocks so I guess at somepoint the term converged with the weapon and the rest is history.

Echo-1 and clone etc P90 is made by KS NOT Kart.

Oh and the supplied 1200mah 9.6v battery is NOT a standard mini battery 9.6v size. You can't as standard fit a normal 9.6v mini battery (NiMH) like the 1400-1600 mah Vapex, Firefox et al, without fitting the rubber butt pad extension or going for a custom battery.

So to say this gun takes 9.6v mini batteries is a bit unclear. Its supplied battery is smaller than usual and I have not seen one that size from the quality makers.

Echo-1 and clone etc P90 is made by KS NOT Kart.

Oh and the supplied 1200mah 9.6v battery is NOT a standard mini battery 9.6v size. You can't as standard fit a normal 9.6v mini battery (NiMH) like the 1400-1600 mah Vapex, Firefox et al, without fitting the rubber butt pad extension or going for a custom battery.

So to say this gun takes 9.6v mini batteries is a bit unclear. Its supplied battery is smaller than usual and I have not seen one that size from the quality makers.

The only difference battery wise, is the plastic caps they put on some from all makers, it IS a regular battery, and saying regular 9.6 batterys don't work makes me think i must be imagining it when i load up my mostly firefox and intellect batterys into the gun and go gaming.

The only difference battery wise, is the plastic caps they put on some from all makers, it IS a regular battery, and saying regular 9.6 batterys don't work makes me think i must be imagining it when i load up my mostly firefox and intellect batterys into the gun and go gaming.

Weird as Vapex and Firefox 9.6v batteries don't fit the one I had or a mates.

KS P90 is the best option. But like anything Chinese, be prepared to do a bit of work on it.

Its an RDS version with a metal upper receiver. The RDS dot size covered an A4 sheet at 5m and was too bright. It was totally cuck. After a few hours with electrical tape, super glue, solvents and a pin, I re-engineered the dot to be more "accurate", then I sanded down the LED surface to diffuse the light and make it less bright.

Internals were ok, accuracy wasn't fantastic so changed out new guarder rubber and systema tightbore.

Cycling rate on the stock batteries were low, given it has a 400fps spring, so I changed the motor to a Hi-torque motor (G&P M160, Element M93, or Systema Magnum). So now on its stock batteries it generates something > 900 rpms cyclic ROF.

Mechbox wise I had to clean out all the grease. Gears are very good, as are the bushings, shimming was ok, but I reshimmed anyways. And I changed the connectors to Deans connectors.

Overall a few hours, and the P90 is quite a performer. I only use lowcaps and its more than sufficient.

Thats probably the best bet if you want something for cheap. the KS upper receiver "may" not fit into a marui lower receiver (I tried with my brother's P90).

If you were to do up a Marui to the same power and performance level, with a metal Upper you will need to spend money on:

- Motor

- Gears

- bushings

- spring

- Upper receiver ($$$)

Though there would be less effort in not having to re-engineer the red dot accuracy, but in the end you will need to install the bushings and gears and reshim anyways.

The other thing is that the Marui P90 is very accurate OOTB so no need to change the barrel parts.

If you are less technical that may be the best way to go, else my method may be mad but it works :)

Archived