Best bullpup?

ultimentra

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own and use a few bull pups. In order of preference

1) Real Sword Type 97 aside from the PITA battery this is my favourite bullpup, bar none. Incredible externals,still has that "new gun smell" lol, shoots 330 out of the box. Had to change the hop rubber when i got it. Otherwise nothing. Takes every stanag mag that i have used, standards and midcaps.

2) TM P90 RDS bought used. Fires great. Love the ergonomics. Only use standard mags. Never had a problem.

3) STAR L85 HEAVY Especially after I added the grenade launcher. Know anybody that wants to buy one? lol Awesome externals. Shot 385 out of the box.

4) TM AUG A3 Yes i know they never made it, thanks for the kit tho'. Another workhorse for some reason tho' I have problems with mag changes.

5) TM FAMAS use it as my loaner gun. Never went down tho' used by tons of newbs. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Not sure if this helps you. Feel free to pm me if u have any questions.

Another vote for the Real Sword Type 97. Best OOTB performance and feel I've every had from an AEG (and I've owned various TM, CA, ICS and Kalash AEGs). I haven't changed anything on it.

The battery issue isn't an issue any more, since you can now by an 850 mAh 25C + lipo which fits in the grip (clicky).

I also have the Ares Tavor (CTAR version), which I love - but I haven't had it long enough for it to oust the T97 :) ...yet. However, it has impressed me so much this far that I've sold my last remaining ICS M4, which was bombproof.

Edit: one word of caution though - both the T97 and the Tavor have proprietary gearboxes.

Also...

Tokyo Marui is your best bet here, because all the other major bullpups out there are clones...

I have to disagree with this. Neither the T97 or the Tavor are clones - nor are the ICS, Ares or G&G L85s :)

As much as I want to just say TM P90, I have to say that it might be a toss up between the P90 and AUG in my mind. Since the P90 has that oval bushing and from what I've read, slightly different gear spacing from standard V2/3, and a different cylinder head, I would say the AUG with it's basic V3 gearbox "wins" the internal parts compatibility category, mainly due to a wider variety of parts. I would imagine the P90 gets the internal quality based on that Monster 8mm gearbox that was made from the TM V6 gearbox and those videos of stuff it seems to be able to hold up to, though I don't know how basic V3 gearboxes can hold up. The rest probably depends on the user and what the intended use is.

As for breaking it down for transport, the P90 can break down and fit in a pretty tight space. If you just leave the stock length barrel in it, you can "shorten" it down to the length of the stock, and the upper receiver (and a mag) can fit in my pistol case. Or, if you stick a 455mm AK length barrel in it and cover it with a TM silencer then break it down, you're still shorter than the AUG's inner barrel. If you had a container with 18"x11"x2.5", you could fit the whole P90 with the silencer and a mag. Don't need the silencer? That cuts it down to like 20"x8"x2.5" and you could bring 3 mags with you.

Classic Army P90, does away with the odd bushings :)

Good point & it's a little more powerful than the Marui out of the box.

But,

The Marui RD is better than the CA. Not that this matters a fig, if you go for a railed version.

Greg.

Archived