SAS airsoft

gijohn2

I reported a shop for selling rifs to underage kids in the summer, e-mailed trading standards who e-mailed me back to say they had contacted the local police to take it further.

That's how it works, If you go to plod they tell you to go to trading standards, if TS think something criminal is going on they get the police involved, so always go to TS first :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mm...SAS say they have a TM SPAS-12 with full stock for £175. If I didnt know better, I'd be very tempted...

Its not worth the stress or hassel!!

Unless you live close and go pick it up your self but before even doing that and if you can even get through to him arrange it haha :D

After speaking with a site owner or two I know I've been informed that it's not illegal to sell to someone who's been to under 3 skirmishes in a period of over 2 months as that's a guideline... apprently as long as the RIF is sold for the use of skirmishing then it's a legal sell. Though said person has to still be over the age of 18. The 3 skirmishes was set up be the HO and UKARA as a guideline for them to be sold from stores and for stores to protect themselves with. The whole VCRA is abit skectchy on alot of things when you read into it and it's still an act and not law.... yet. The only part that's law is they have to be over 18 to purchase an RIF.

The 3 in over 2 part is written into the Act, so yes, it is legally required. UKARA is not, being a member of an airsoft site is enough, but I'm not sure on the requirements regarding membership passes.

An Act of Parliament IS a law. At least, the wealth of people on here with a lot more knowledge of the legal system than I have, all seem to think so! Im willing to trust their advice...

It is a Bill before it is passed into law, an Act after it is.

But at this type of sale (Over the phone, not face to face at a skirmish site), that this thread is about, the defence most people use, is, you ubtain proof off a site, the purchaser skirmishes at, which has pli insurance (Thats right isn't it, public liability insurance). Other wise its just blind faith.

This has been done to death in the vcra thread, but it does still make the head spin with the "proof for purchase", the seller has to have proof that the buyer, has a defence to buy the rif(s).

yus, it is illegal to sell a RIF to someone who doesnt have a (legal) defence to own it.

The Airsoft defence is specificly for skirmishers (not target shooters or collectors) UKARA is just a retail association that provides proof that you are a skirmisher to cover there asses.

Though its the only real proof we have available.

i believe the other 2 defence's are film and tv (which you need licenses for) and reinactment (which i pressume has a equivalent group like UKARA)

but anyway enough waffle, it is also against the law to own a RIF without a defence under the law. So by excepting it gijohn2, YOU are breaking the law. So i would reccomend you dont go to the police.

ive never used SAS before but one look at the website would turn me away. he sells gas via mail order when its against the law to post gas/pressurised container's.

ooo Carter Special; http://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/in...p;productId=797

now i wish this guy was reliable , though all the custom m4's are photoshoped together and the g3's and AK's arent custom at all

but anyway enough waffle, it is also against the law to own a RIF without a defence under the law. So by accepting it gijohn2, YOU are breaking the law. So i would reccomend you dont go to the police.

So you obviously didn't bother to do your homework before posting the wrong info, off to the VCRA forum and educate yourself before commenting please,

Ownership of RIFs is perfectly legal, the defence is for selling, not owning.

Edit :

its against the law to post gas/pressurised container's.

No it isn't, it is against Royal Mails policies to carry such items, couriers have the proper means to ship gas/pressurised containers, and do so regularly.

Archived