G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

picked mine up today and out of the box im very happy with it

nice 170ft useabell range and very good accuracy out to about 100ft useing .25s in semi

only minor prob was after 2 mags it stoped fireing,think the bar that goes back to the trigger contacts has moved.

supplyer is going to fix it while i wate tho.

seams to be a common prob tho as i know 2 others have had it aswell ??

Its a bit of both. the rail and internal part of it is metal and the larger external areas are polymer. smile.gif

Thanks for the info sir, am very close to getting one myself if only G&G will release the OD version. The black one looks cool too but personally would not get the Tan version. There is a clone specter scope out now, though it is pricey I believe this is the best looking scope/ red dot on the F2000.

I have one coming in on Tuesday :)

If I modify my MAG Midcaps, will I still be able to use them in my other AEGs?

You certainly will. If you do it as i have (pics further back in the thread) then you'll have no issues. I also use the same mags in my Masada, Tavor and various M4s without any issue. :)

Hey guys, I do not know if you are still looking for a way to solve the magazine issue by modding the gearbox, but i recently came up with a mod for the JLS version over at this page (http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=189589&st=0&p=2372892&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=2372892) that I think will work for the G&G version based off the images I've seen of its gearbox. Please overlook the fact that the OP I made is all messed up for spacing. That's what you get when you write your post in word and just copy paste it in apparently... Oh and beretta, I think this fix is much easier than the clip system you suggested a few pages back. So far this is working like a charm for me, don't forget to throw a lock washer on the bolt!

Hi,

We did talk about possible solutions at length a few pages back and what you've done with the JLS is something i have looked into myself. The problem with that though, is that your JLS gearbox has a nice little location under the tappet plate where you can drill through there and stick in a screw. However with a G2010/P90 gearbox there is no such unused area and drilling into the same location you have would result in the tappet plate not being able to move.

I still maintain the mag mod is the simplest and most effective way to do it as it doesn't require any takedown of the gun and it can be performed really quickly while still being usable in any other stanag rifle. A friend received his G2010 the day he was setting off for berget and with hardly any supplies to sort the mags he was able to just clip a little off them with a snips. not the cleanest option, but it was something he could even do in the field. (he later cleaned them up and finished them when he got home.

PS, so far it seems like the mag branded mids are the most effected, and i'll be retiring my collection of them to replace with G&G mags since the spring in the MAG ones doesnt seem to last all that long before getting tired.

4632268625_cd4d287cdb_b.jpg

Ive said time and time again beretta, some people dont care about the "mag mod". They want to use other peoples mags if need be if they are team oriented. It doesn't really matter if your mag brand mags work in other guns, but your team mates wont. When your out of ammo you don't have the option that YOU SHOULD HAVE with this gun. My point: quit saying that the mag mod is awesome when its really just a cheap quick personal fix (I shouldn't even use the word fix, because it doesn't fix anything) to a problem that shouldn't even exist.

I don't care what "you've said" time and time again, you've already told us (many times)that your dissapointed/ aren't interested in the gun. If someone asks me a question then i'll answer it in the way I want. You've obviously made up your mind and decided this is a pile of junk in your eyes long ago, so why bother even commenting?

In the "Ideal" world, the screw would be a bit further back, making the gun fully compatible with most mags including MAG branded ones, but its not the ideal world and those who still want the gun want a way to use MAG branded mags. Hence why I was the first to tell you all about the issue and give you my personal solution, before finding it yourself accidentally when it was too late, and not being happy that you couldn't use your MAG midcaps without trimming them.

Soooo, build a bridge, and get over it, or come out from under it...

In all honesty, I would like to propose that G&G hire me to keep an eye on their R&D department.

This was easily one of the most hyped up AEG releases of the last two or three years, yet it's fallen flat on it's face for several reasons:

1) No one wants to modify all of their Midcaps or buy a load of G&G ones.

2) The hop-up unit is, for all intents and purposes, an M4 hop-up unit, which is one of the crappiest in AEG history.

Now, these issues could have been solved easily:

1) Move that screw a couple of mm backwards.

2) Use an existing drum-style hop-up unit like a SIG, G3 or G36 unit. These would not only be technically and practically superior, they are much more easily adjusted in the gun without having to shotgun the receiver.

As G&G seem to be unable to figure this kind of *suitcase* out themselves, I suggest they hire me to do it for them, and slap their R&D people over the heads with large, iron skillets when they think of doing something so incredibly *fruitcage* stupid again.

You do have to admit, someone in management was going "So if we put this screw here people can only use our magazines? Brilliant! We'll make thousands on selling magazines!"

I highly doubt they even think about that. First of all, their mid-caps sucks and have and horribly low capacity. Besides they are not very spread through the shops (probably due to reason one).

In my opinion they just tried their mid-caps out of laziness/lack of care as most asian play with hi-caps.

I agree, should have moved the gearbox screw back, absolutely, but the gearbox itself is just fine. I <3 the quick spring change/ spring tension adjustment. Its ideal for fine tuning.

Not to give G&G an excuse, but while the midcaps are aggravating, they are also a SIMPLE fix, and you should still be able to use your midcaps in any other AR magwell, problem free.

As for the hop up, M4 hop up is stupid simple to work on, readily available parts, and its really not that bad. The tolerances on mine are nice and tight, that i see little reason it should be any worse than any other hop up unit.

I agree, should have moved the gearbox screw back, absolutely, but the gearbox itself is just fine. I <3 the quick spring change/ spring tension adjustment. Its ideal for fine tuning.

Not to give G&G an excuse, but while the midcaps are aggravating, they are also a SIMPLE fix, and you should still be able to use your midcaps in any other AR magwell, problem free.

As for the hop up, M4 hop up is stupid simple to work on, readily available parts, and its really not that bad. The tolerances on mine are nice and tight, that i see little reason it should be any worse than any other hop up unit.

The M4 hop-up requires a screw and two C clips to be removed to disassemble, along with the barrel C clip.

A G36 hop-up unit requires the barrel C clip to be removed, then the drum can be slipped off, the nub arm comes out and the entire thing is disassembled.

The Sig/G3 hop-up unit simply has the drum pop forward, then the arm lifted up to get the nub out, the barrel c clip comes off and the entire thing is disassembled.

How, exactly, is the M4 hop-up easier to work on?

Also, the m4 hop-up unit has three gears transferring the force to the cam that actuates the hop-arm. This was to place the adjustment within the reach of an AR-15 style ejection port. In the F2000, the hop-up is adjusted from the top. There is absolutely NO reason G&G should have gone with an M4 design:

1) Drum units are much EASIER to adjust, especially from the top.

2) Drum units are much less likely to slip due to less moving parts and less opportunity for poor tolerances to affect movement.

3) Drum units are mechanically simpler and as such cheaper.

4) There are existing drum units that would have fitted into the F2000 without any modifications (G36).

5) They modified the m4 unit to allow shotgunning of the F2000 reciever - but they didn't think to move the adjustment wheel so you can adjust it from above more easily? What. The. C**ting. *fruitcage*.

Never said it was easier lol.

All good points.

Uh, yes. Yes you did. And you were wrong. Do you work for G&G's R&D department, perchance? :P

Archived