Accuracy Pneumatics Shooting (APS) AK74

Samm

These rifles and other models have been on the market for over a year, yet I've seen very little discussion on them, the last being in the news section around 6 months ago.

The only review I've seen is a damning one from the rather aggressively opinionated Guges Mk3; http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=109495

E-Hobby Asia, WGC, War 4 Toys and RSOV amongst others are stocking them whereas other AK replicas seem to be mostly out of stock.

Is there anything wrong with the company or the replicas they make, and why are these retailers showing APS in a catagory of their own separate from other ACM companies? Is there something the Chinese world knows that we don't?

The only external difference I can see from the DBoys is the side mount looks to be of slightly lower quality and the handguard wood is different. War 4 Toys even lists them as having a stamped steel receiver.

If anyone's got some firsthand experience on these badboys then that would be grand!

two of these here (AK, of course) and know a person who bought an m4, he had to reshim and take some care to get it to go 100%, nothing much important.

The AKs are about 390 fps out of the box, nice hop, nice externals and internals, green plastic as "factory mark", they didn´t come with battery but intelect 9,6 are really nice in there, the blow back sorry, but is more a "bluff back" as the window retracts just about an inch, so will sell mine if I can and get an mp5 blow back that at least is more realistic. If your battery is not charged it tries to run and the bolt stops mid way and have to "re. mount" as in a RS malfunctioning AK like the one in "back to the future", nice wood and will try to put some photos if I understand the gallery options.

The blowback feature really isn't a concern for me, I'm presuming it can be disabled/smashed to bits ;)

As long as it's on par with the likes of DBoys and Cyma quality then I'm happy.

What do you mean by green plastic as "factory mark"?

i find them to be pretty *suitcase*. ootb they never run at 100% and they need a lot of upgrade parts to perform with the best of them. id go for any other metal ak or armalite befor a javelin/APS.

i have seen plenty of them melt the trigger contact housing. the thermal properties of their plastic sucks.

the hopup and nozzle are proprietary, making you switch out all those parts if you just need to change the bucking.

the externals are ok. but the plastic furniture has an uneasy flex to it, making the whole gun feel less solid.

I guess I've been lucky, as I've worked on a few APS AK's. While the stock internals aren't the greatest, with a simply tune up we've run probably 50k through it with no problems. Externally they are good for the price.

If you know how to work on guns, I would say go for it. If your not a techie, go with something else just so you don't chance a lemon.

Given that with a clone I'd expect to change the internals that's not so bad.

There doesn't seem to be any folding stock full length AKs available anywhere from other brands, can anyone comment on whether or not the receivers are steel?

• 4 months later...

They are nice externally but the internals are poor

Cheers Tom, any ideas on whether it's aluminium/pot metal or steel? A magnet should work.

read this then you will be able to figure something out,

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=17071.0

Already read thanks, again one man's honest review but then a few opinionated fools who have too much money to spend doesn't really help me at all. My main plan would not to be using one from stock (an idea that with clones always seemed daft to me) but to use the best parts as a base gun.

No one seems to remember the fact that CYMA, DBoys etc were all rubbish when they first came out. The only way things can be improved upon is from being tried and tested by the community.

If you don't have any personal experience or information pertinent to what materials they are made from please don't bother.

Archived