KWA RM4 ERG Electric Recoil Gun

I got to try the KWA RM4 ERG, Electric Recoil Gun. Three times. Twice at Fort Ord and once at an Airsoft Extreme store. The videos do not do the gun any justice. I've seen people bashing on KWA saying they're just copying TM, etc... blah blah.

It kicks harder than the two GBBRs I've used so far: WE FN SCAR and a King Arms M4 type. Also it'll have backwards compatibility with common AR / STANAG mags as well as proprietary "realism" mags. These mags will lock the bolt when emptied to simulate real steel.

I haven't used any of the new TM recoil, realism offerings, but this KWA shows a lot of promise. The TMs are pretty expensive at the moment with a weak USD, 600-700USD with shipping? Hopefully the KWA will be cheaper.

---

kwausa

RM4

The RM4 series was designed to closely simulate features found in its firearm counterpart. A fully operational bolt catch is now a standard feature. The bolt catch will lock after the last round has been fired and must be depressed after a new magazine is loaded before it can be fired again. The ability to lock back the bolt plate also gives users easier access to the hop-up, making adjustments easier and less time-consuming. Existing KM4 AEG magazines are compatible with the new system, however bolt catch features will only work with RM4 magazines. Availability and pricing will be announced at a later date.

---

Airsoft GI's video on the ERG

THey are surely promissing, unfortunatly for me I already have a TM SOCOM... :(

BTW, could you check the mags closely? in a piramyd video they looked like a standard mag with a longuer BB follower, if its that so, maybe a regular mag could be modified to operate the bolt stop...

Now, wheres my AKSU with recoil KWA? :lol:

THey are surely promissing, unfortunatly for me I already have a TM SOCOM... :(

BTW, could you check the mags closely? in a piramyd video they looked like a standard mag with a longuer BB follower, if its that so, maybe a regular mag could be modified to operate the bolt stop...

Now, wheres my AKSU with recoil KWA? :lol:

Sorry I have no access to one at the moment. I'm sure someone will think of something clever though.

You can actually get the TM recoils for about $500-550 USD Shipped now days, which is still pricey even though I have one haha. I do wonder though how much these models will run, TM did a $200 jump in price with their recoil models and considering KWAs models are around the same price, I wonder if they'll too make a large leap.

I expect it to be so as when the mag is released in the videos, its possible to see the mag and the top of it, and it looks quite like a regular mag... If it is, future adopters will be happy, me? I will keep waiting the RS like Renegade and start to see like my socom will be my "safety gun" in the near future... :(

Last info they released, date on the RS EBBs was meant to be November if memory serves. Personally I don't actually see the product being on shelves by then, but hopefully more info at the very least; hopefully I'm wrong of course.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but given the huge potential their new design has, I think investing in any new platform before the Real Sword becomes available would be a poor move.

You can actually get the TM recoils for about $500-550 USD Shipped now days, which is still pricey even though I have one haha. I do wonder though how much these models will run, TM did a $200 jump in price with their recoil models and considering KWAs models are around the same price, I wonder if they'll too make a large leap.

After all the upgrades for higher fps...etc.

It will cost more.

Like I said in the other thread.

I VERY much doubt that they have harder recoil than GBBR's.

They may have a snappier kick to them, and a much greater feel in full auto, but in terms of physical recoil (however sluggish it may be) GBBR's are going to be much harder.

Yea maybe you're right. I'm probably not as technical as you are. I'll say this though, most people who buy this new KWA will probably not care about the technicalities. "Its better cause its got recoil! No its shake! No its kick!" Etc... They'll probably be like me and say, "Wow firing that gun was an experience! I'd much rather have that than a TM recoil gun or GBBR." As I posted earlier, the videos don't do the experience any justice.

I was skirmishing with a friend who is famous where i'm from for his use of GBBRs in CQB environments and he was telling me he was amazed by the ERG. He told me of reliability issues he's been having and that he regretted buying his new WE M4 after trying the ERG. So please, enjoy your TM SCAR. It looks like a fine gun. If you have a GBBR, they are fun too. And I'll have myself an ERG. With all due respect, I hope you get to try to use an ERG before judging it.

Bottom line, you get an experience similar to GBBRs but without all the issues of GBBRs, FTW.

Dude. You're so defensive!

I agree that Electric recoil is the way forward, and I agree that GBBR's are not a viable option for most. I am very much looking forward to the ERG and the much needed competition it will bring.

What I DO disagree to is the representation as fact that they 'kick harder' than GBBR's. If you'd said they're as much fun to fire as GBBR's, or they're better to fire than TM recoil guns, I'd have said "wow, sounds fantastic!"

Do you see where my problem lied?

Dude. You're so defensive!

I agree that Electric recoil is the way forward, and I agree that GBBR's are not a viable option for most. I am very much looking forward to the ERG and the much needed competition it will bring.

What I DO disagree to is the representation as fact that they 'kick harder' than GBBR's. If you'd said they're as much fun to fire as GBBR's, or they're better to fire than TM recoil guns, I'd have said "wow, sounds fantastic!"

Do you see where my problem lied?

Oh in that case, lets just enjoy airsoft ;)

I too find hard to believe it will kick harder than a GBBR, but I will see when I test one, until then, I cant say anything about it, just that I want them to release it quick for them to focus on their AKs :lol:

BTW, have they stated the FPS OOTB? :)

I thought RS were scheduled for the end of summer... well, patience again :(

he said they ADDED "simulated recoil" which tells me that there is a separate mechanism in the gun....which means it requires more power. How many mAh per shot do you think?

No idea how many mAh. I'll say this though: when I was testing the gun, they had an 11v lipo running it. A big lipo too, it was in a Magpul MOE handguard. I think the KWA Rep said that the battery in the gun would've run the gun all day.

I've fired one. It has more "recoil" than any other EBB I've fired, I can say that much. But it's much less than the two GBBRs I've owned, and feels more like vibrating/rattling than recoil. Still definitely more fun than nothing, but hardly a huge leap towards 5.56.

I've fired one. It has more "recoil" than any other EBB I've fired, I can say that much. But it's much less than the two GBBRs I've owned, and feels more like vibrating/rattling than recoil. Still definitely more fun than nothing, but hardly a huge leap towards 5.56.

Thanks for the info! What GBBRs have you owned? I've used a WE SCAR and King Arms M4 type.

I am actually friends with Mike, the KWA rep in that Airsoft GI video. At an event a few weeks ago, we talked about this gun extensively so hopefully I can clear the air a bit about some questions you guys have.

The gun is heavy, and its actually more rear heavy (likely due to the recoil engine). However, unlike the TM Sopmod and other blowback rifles, it uses a standard plug (not proprietary ), so using lipos or different voltage batteries is a welcome option.

KWA will be making custom mags for this gun, but you can put other brands in there. In fact, I tried first hand to plug a magpul PMAG and it worked fine. The only disadvantage with using a non-KWA mag, is that the gun won't have the bolt lock when you run out of ammo. So you will be missing that "realism" component where the gun won't fire when you go empty, thus having to push the bolt release when you put in a fresh mag to start going again. But if you already have a bunch of STANAG mags (like I imagine most of you do), buying this gun will allow you to use em and not spend more money on buying proprietary mags.

I'm actually excited because it seems more and more brands are starting to adopt Electric Blow Back. This means that more models will become available as each company starts to get more competitive. In fact, we might even begin to see blow back as a standard function of AEG's in the near future.

I am actually friends with Mike, the KWA rep in that Airsoft GI video. At an event a few weeks ago, we talked about this gun extensively so hopefully I can clear the air a bit about some questions you guys have.

The gun is heavy, and its actually more rear heavy (likely due to the recoil engine). However, unlike the TM Sopmod and other blowback rifles, it uses a standard plug (not proprietary ), so using lipos or different voltage batteries is a welcome option.

KWA will be making custom mags for this gun, but you can put other brands in there. In fact, I tried first hand to plug a magpul PMAG and it worked fine. The only disadvantage with using a non-KWA mag, is that the gun won't have the bolt lock when you run out of ammo. So you will be missing that "realism" component where the gun won't fire when you go empty, thus having to push the bolt release when you put in a fresh mag to start going again. But if you already have a bunch of STANAG mags (like I imagine most of you do), buying this gun will allow you to use em and not spend more money on buying proprietary mags.

I'm actually excited because it seems more and more brands are starting to adopt Electric Blow Back. This means that more models will become available as each company starts to get more competitive. In fact, we might even begin to see blow back as a standard function of AEG's in the near future.

No offense, but... thats something already said extensively in the videos and news... :innocent: surely you have shot the gun, could you please answer to some doubts?

What differences have you seen in the mags compared to regular mags except the longer BBs follower?

Does the recoil feel in the gun body or in the buffer tube?

Is the mag follower weak? i wouldnt like it to break in my dump pouch after reloading :(

FPS out of the box?

Estimated time of release?

No offense, but... thats something already said extensively in the videos and news... :innocent: surely you have shot the gun, could you please answer to some doubts?

What differences have you seen in the mags compared to regular mags except the longer BBs follower?

There is a springed lever in the back of the mag to activate electric cut off when 30 rd mag is empty. Standard mag do not have this lever.

Does the recoil feel in the gun body or in the buffer tube?

The recoil is in the buffer tube. There is a piston inside the buffer tube.

Is the mag follower weak? i wouldnt like it to break in my dump pouch after reloading :(

I don't think so, the extended follow is design to bend but also allow all 30 rds to feed completely while bb is out of the mag and inside the hop-up chamber.

FPS out of the box?

stock is around 400 FPS (as of right now with Prototype.)

Estimated time of release?

No ETA. We may or may not see it release by end of the year. I can only say we are pushing Kriss Vector with a working sample by end of the year. That's our highest priority right now.

Answers in RED.

Im not sure if your only referring to marui's M4 series or all their ebbs in general, but As far as their M4 series they have their socom that takes standard mini plugs. and as for the rest of all their EBBs, they all have regular mini plugs.

and still, I see people bashing Tokyo Marui that have yet to use one, or have only fired it "a few times".

I have handled the KM4, and I can say it does not kick nearly as hard as a GBB rifle (WA, G&P, King Arms, WE, or GHK)

BUT, the recoil did seem to be harder on the KM4 versus the Marui. Plus side to the KM4 is that parts will be readily available in case anything goes wrong.

However, KWA still has a big shoe to fill if they want to compete with Marui.

Archived