Tanaka silver Colt SAA Artillery

Because if the hippies have taught us anything, it's that we should give peace a chance. And if that doesn't work, sue people. And sueing brings in money. Fighting costs money. And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should therefore stop the rotation of the planet.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Irrelevant? Okay yeah. :P

So question... Yesterday mine was coughing sort of... It'd cycle normally but about every 3rd shot the BB would arc terribly rather than with the normal goodness of the hop up... Ideas? Pants? Tactical Nuclear weapons?

No, it was full of gas and I mean it'd fire 2 good shots, then one arcing one, then 2 good shots, and again one arcing one, and so on. Sort of wierd... Only things I can think of are A) It was quite warm, and by the third shot cylinder and cooled a bit thus losing a bit of punch (unlikely) or B. the feed tube isn't sitting quite right and pushing BBs firmly into their respective chambers... (The feed tube was kind of removed forcfully when OpFor closed a door on my hand...)...

Well, I would visually inspect the rubber bucking in the front of the cylinder, and manually load only 6 rounds in the cylinder, and use a dry erasable marker to mark the cylinder, and shoot two rounds to see if the arcing BB occur at the same cylinder slot or at all. If the arcing doesn't occur, then the problem is with the loading tube, and if the arcing occur all at the same cylinder slot, then it may be that bucking is deformed. If arcing occurs randomly, then maybe the hop up is bad, and strip the gun to inspect the hop up rubber. that's all I can think of right now. Of course, you would use good quality BBs all this time.

It sounds like you have a problem...

Possible things that have gone wrong. I'm not too familiar with the SAA yet, but here is my guesses.

1) Hop up is loose

2) Misaligned cylinder

3) build up in barrel of crud

Also, it could be a user thing like you might not be holding the gun straight on the third shot because of fatigue or you are just pulling the trigger too rapidly.

~P

Wow, I just shot one of my SAAs (yes I have 2) and it shot better than ever. I think they're very picky on which BBs you use. With these Jungle Toy .28g BBs, every 3 or so shots will go up after about 15ft. With green and .3 Marushin Maxi, I hit a coke (ok beer...) can at 50ft, while it was on it's side.

Man I love these revolvers. I'm thinking about getting a third and going Ocelot style ><.