Airsoft Claymore

frogfish

So I'm looking into getting a claymore mine system, mostly for *suitcases* and giggles, but seeing as how I'd like it to be effective I'm looking for one that works well. The only kicker is that I'm looking for a set-it-and-forget-it setup, something with a "trip wire" (not to trip people but to trip the mine). A clacker system is cool but I am intending to attempt to use the mine as a perimeter item, or as a distraction tool, not as an offensive weapon.

Dose anyone have any input on a preferred mine brand or style?

I have an acm claymore with me now which I fixed for a friend. Problem was one of the steel arms broke at the spot weld. Couldn't weld it back myself so I just drilled and tapped them for a screw instead. Another issue is with repeated use, the arms that push out will eventually eat away at the plastic front cover. Solved this by gluing on a piece of steel sheet inside where the arms make contact. They are triggered by a remote car alarm/key fob but can also be triggered with a tripwire. They're very sensitive too so sewing thread will work and wouldn't pose a danger to trip people.

I have 2 ACM ones that use the keyfob and have a little arm with a hole in it for a tripwire and, given the opportunity, they are effective tools. I did find you had to fill them up once in position though otherwise they will leave the catapult area and be useless.

^ That's why there is a hole in the center of the "lid". Took me ages to notice. Just fill it with a speedloader.

Aye I know dude, originally I was just trying to reduce set up time by pre-filling them whilst they were closed up so I wouldn't have to fill them in the potential ambush position but it just didn't work out right sadly.

Had an ASC-7 claymore a few years ago. It hat wired, wireless, and trip options. A friend slapped together a nice switch to replace the trip wire, as the original was a cotter pin resting precariously on the latch, and a squirrel's fart would set it off. The switch he made used the plug meant for the wired/wireless remote (basically an RCA plug) and a resetting toggle switch on a box mounted on a spike. I'm not electrician, so I don't know the details, but it worked great... when someone would actually trip it. That's why I sold it, I could never guess the exact path of the enemy well enough. But the few times it did go off, it worked splendely. Great spread, very alarming to the victim(s), good distance.

A few things could've been better (aside from the mod). The hole you load the BBs in would leak out BBs if the claymore was face down. Also, the BBs would work their way out of the "sling" and fill the bottom cavity, so you either have to not shake it a lot or really fill it up, using the BBs on the bottom to hold up the actual "killing" BBs.

Overall, it was a good piece of kit and I would recommend it if that's what you're looking for.

Technically you can't set up Claymore's as a tripwire as it contrives the Geneva convention on setting anti-personnel mines, I know that UK forces never set claymores in that way, I didn't realise this until I had spoken to a friend who recently did a combat engineering course.

I'd like to see where it says that as I've seen the training kits, they still come with a tripwire trainer, why would they if you can't use it....

and there are some countries don't exactly follow the geneva convention....

I'd like to see where it says that as I've seen the training kits, they still come with a tripwire trainer, why would they if you can't use it....

and there are some countries don't exactly follow the geneva convention....

Well under the Ottawa Treaty, which is an "agreement" to limit the "use, stockpiling, production and transfer of AP mines." once you set a wire it is no longer "command detonated" and is classified as a AP.

Claymore trainers like lot of military kit, are some times very dated so they were probably made before this treaty.

A bit of very dark humour, my friend said: "I hate princess Diane because she made my job so much more difficult and complicated"

(I googled "Dropkick claymore", Jack wrote a really good article I'm going to pass it on to my friend.)

Yeah agreements/treaties/Geneva convention it does sometimes get ignored, wrongly or rightly.

EDIT: The US never signed the treaty! So yeah........

from a guy on traders airsoft, he's a member here too but I don't know if he want's me to say anything or not.

I've been meaning to get in touch with you and see if I can gain some knowledge from your experience with these.

hit me up whenever dude. i got 2 units and i know among the namsoft crew we got at least 10.

Archived