HK23E GBB

jay851

is that you jay?

yes quite proud of the fg42,gutted i sold that one i think scoutthedoggie still has it. i did think of doing another in gbb flavour...maybe later.

you still doing the ww2 airsoft jay.

atb

jay

Yup, it's me :lol: - Im outta the WW2 side of things now. FG42, MG34 - all beautiful work you've done before.

**edit**

Ever thought of doing a GBB conversion on the Shoei G43?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers fella. i did think about a gbb g43 when i did my spring version, but finding a shoei g43 these days is near impossible.

if i remember correctly you had some projects on the go.....mp18/28, any joy getting them finished.

atb

jay

nice one fella. yeah the more im thinking about the box mag, im thinking make my own gas chamber so it can be big enough for plenty of gas. or i could just tuck an external rig in there, then feed it with a large capacity mid cap so maybe get 200 shots with no winding.

atb

jay

A box mag that's not a hicap would be awesome! Proper LMG reloads are something I'd love to see/do in game.

With a box mag I wouldn't try to make a green gas/propane reservoir - just think how much gas you'll use! No, I'd do what QQexDERA said and see if you can fit one of the larger CO2 cartridges (preferably with some kind of QD connector) or a small HPA tank.

Then have the BBs feed from a big midcap, or make your own with a coil of round tubing and a long spring.

Can't wait to see how this goes.

on the idea of making your own midcap.

You could take 1/4 inch think plastic (6.36mm thick its just about perfect for this), route a channel, and then use 1mm plastic sheet to cover the sides. This way you can make a specific channel and outline of the magazine space. Really easy for shorter paths for things like sniper mags. But with the room you have in a box mag it should be easy to make the channel for the simulated belt in it. You make a follower of some sort for your channel, I recommend delrin, very slippery plastic. I like to mount one of the sides with screws so I can service the spring and follower later on.

What is the simulated capacity your aiming for?

thanks for the input guys, always looking for ideas on the mag.

managed to get a bit more done,mainly started on the carry handle, 1200m rear sight, bipod feet and barrel handle.put some rails on it too.

hk233015.jpg

hk233016.jpg

hk233019.jpg

hk233021.jpg

atb

jay

That is nothing short of *fruitcage* astounding.

I've seen Jay's custom work in the flesh. The pics alone look fantastic, but what really strikes you when you look at it up close is the sheer attention to detail and quality of fabrication. *fruitcage* awesome, and then some.

I've seen Jay's custom work in the flesh. The pics alone look fantastic, but what really strikes you when you look at it up close is the sheer attention to detail and quality of fabrication. *fruitcage* awesome, and then some.

Gotta say I'm slightly jealous :P Honestly, if somebody had posted those pictures up under the title of 'HK23E2 prototype at Heckler and Koch' I'd have believed it.

*edit* Well, the nice iron fireplace may have been a giveaway, but y'know, in a different photo setting.

a quick update.

came across the first hurdle, had to shift everything back on the receiver by .5" to get things to line up. this has not affected what i have done already by much but will have to modify the stock end cap a bit. finished the rear 1200m sight and barrel handle, and have sorted the mag and started the magazine adapter. i have decided to do the mag adapter first, rather than the belt box, as it will be easier to test the gun when the time comes. the mag is a 30rnd real steel mag and as you can see is a bit short for the we m4 mag, but im hoping to modify a drum mag when it arrives so this should not be a problem. this thing is getting a bit heavy now lol.

hk23e4002.jpg

hk23e4003.jpg

hk23e4004.jpg

hk23e4005.jpg

hk23e4006.jpg

hk23e4007.jpg

hk23e4008.jpg

hk23e4009.jpg

hk23e4010.jpg

atb

jay

If I was given the choice between using that gun for a day's skirmishing or having a 10 minute go on Katy Perry's knockers, I'd go with the HK23. Seriously.

Don't know about that...lol.

Jay NICE WORK on that HK21 rear sight, didn't think it would be possible. Those things go for $300-400 alone.

If I was given the choice between using that gun for a day's skirmishing or having a 10 minute go on Katy Perry's knockers, I'd go with the HK23. Seriously.

lol fella are you absolutely sure about that. bangers all the way for me.

Don't know about that...lol.

Jay NICE WORK on that HK21 rear sight, didn't think it would be possible. Those things go for $300-400 alone.

cheers fella, i did look at them first and see the price, hence why i had a go myself. it does not adjust in any way but looks close.

atb

jay

cheers fella, i did look at them first and see the price, hence why i had a go myself. it does not adjust in any way but looks close.

atb

jay

jay, awesome job!

I have a 21 I'm trying to put together, but the lack of a mill (and required skills, for that matter) and of CNC companies in my area are making it hard...

Anyway, what's the possibility of you making another back sight? We would have to discuss budgets an all...

Oddly, I'd say the same. However, thats only due to the fact that Russell Brand has thrown one up it already. If he hadn't, then Katy Perry's norks would win.

@Spaghetti> Its actually ether or, if you know 3d modeling for CNC, you don't need to learn how to manual mill you just make the appropriate files and have someone with the CNC mill do the cutting.

In this day and age CNC is the more lucrative as well as accurate and capable method of machining. I am a good manual machinist but I cannot make what a 3 axis or more CNC setup can without major time and hassle 'setting up' multiple cuts. At my school they have a 5 axis... it can make a chunk of anything softer then metal look like anything. They use it for scale prototype car bodies and stuff like that. But CNC is all way to expensive to just 'get into', the cheapest would be a home made or kit made dremel as the cutter 2 axis machine for cutting sheet plastic. A worthy project but its not going to make gun parts and it still will cost $500 or so.

You can however get a small hobby mill for under US $1200 and that would be including what we call the 'tooling'. Tooling is the cutting heads, the sleeves the cutting heads attach to the mill with, clamps, measuring devices, etc. If you want I can put together a list of what a basic hobby mill setup would be. A great website just for the home machinist is Home Model Engine Machinist.

Cheers ;)

Archived