Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

FYI just got confirmation from Springfield that they do sell the cases seperatly and ship internationally, however they want me to call in for pricing etc, so I will check that out.

Just too bad I may end up with two XDMs... TM and WE :P

Gunna be expensive...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. S&W cases are available from S&W, Brownells and Midway. Bought one from Brownells and one from S&W.

XDM was the odd one out as I didn't find them available elsewhere.

Just found my source for labels;

http://www.labelplanet.co.uk/self-adhesive-a4-laser-labels.php

:)

Should be able to find decent matches on there. Woop !

Thanks for the observation about the OCD, I feel this spinning out of control fast and making me feel bad about it rather than being something fun :(

Thanks for the pics, I have no CZ in my collection or plans but if someone wants it I can make it happen :)

I feel this spinning out of control fast and making me feel bad about it rather than being something fun :(

Give yourself a little bit more credit than that bud. I'm sure that collectors would also want to get real as possible so there is definitely there is a huge bright side to what you are trying to accomplish. Sounds more like maybe the perfectionist in you may be getting in the way...

It isn't a chore but a hobby; sometimes, you just gotta say "*fruitcage* it" and enjoy what you are doing.

Been doing some thinking about this...

You guys are right, I'm probably much better off just getting the RS stuff instead of trying to duplicate it, will just end up looking stupid and unecessary. The only thing I would have to to are the barcode tags and the spent casing envelope, which is very much doable without killing myself over it.

I will start trying to source manuals and accessories from the manufacturers themselves.

The only issue is, my one Beretta is an M9A1, military model, so won't be avaliable for commercial accessories, guess I will ask for 92A1 stuff instead.

Also Sig P228 out of production and is only avaliable as M11, the military version, so same thing there, will go for P229 accessories.

Colt 1911 WWII model, don't think there is anything to be had for it.

The rest should be doable, if I can't get all items originals I will compromise and get look alikes or close enough.

I think that is the best for everyone involved :P

Even though making my own airsoft specific manuals is a good idea, I don't think this is the place or time nor motivation to do such a thing. Who reads manuals anyways... :o

Actually. Now I know. There are two types of laser engraving (probably more). One that is "flat / 2D" and then there is laser engraving that can be depth adjusted, ie. look like CNC cuts. The guy I was talking to only does the flat laser engraving so that is no go.

But yes, I saw a video from the Beretta factory of how the PX4 is made and it said it was laser engraved.

Spent the day hunting for contact info for the major manufacturers and their European disitrbuters and sent out inquieries to all of them. I suspect this won't be a breeze to get people to care about supplying someone with retail box accessories. But I have secured the Glock 17 GEN3/GEN4 manuals locally at least, for cheap, so that is something I guess :D

Beretta do not have any contact e-mail, *suitcasey* support for sure!

If I run into trouble with anything I may have to ask some of you US guys for assistance as a last resort, aherm rvlyssup ;)

OK just phoned up XDM and asked about the cases. They sold them seperatly no problem to international customers. Price for the case and foam only was $34.99 USD (decent considering it is the most fancy box of them all), with the Blade-tech holster, double magazine pouch and Maglula speedloader it was $121.95 USD, additional $5 USD for the lock, paperwork was free of charge.

Guess I could go for just the case to start with and the paperwork and then get the holster kit if I want. Speedloader would be for show only. Loader is 35 USD approx and holster kit is 75 ish so, adds up.

Didn't get a quote with the shipping as I ended up in a voicemail when transfered to the order desk, didn't leave my details this time as the other boxes have higher priority than this, since this is readily available whenever.

Just FYI.

I got my Glock tupperware case in the mail today. Sadly, the seller took the tag completely off. Part of the selling point was the tag; I even told the guy to mark the SN as I had no need for that. I guess he got paranoid when I asked about it.

Gonna have to Google I suppose, oh well.

Glock 17 case sticker done;

glock_17_case_label.jpg

Again not a 100% match due to some spacing and font differenses, mainly the bar code font, but I don't exactly want to buy a 500 USD barcode font to get it right so, this will do :)

Don't think I can find a sticker of those dimensions though... So might have to extend it up to double height as some Glocks have the sticker over both top and bottom of the face of the handle, or custom cut a larger label. Will see what I decide to do. Thanks to rvlyssup for the referense photo, serial number changed of course..

EDIT: And here is are the Sig Sauer stickers, my best work yet if I may say so myself :D

It's kind of a hybrid between all of the referense pics, just took what I thought looked best. Although the barcode sticker may get edited as the shorter compact barcodes look better.

sigsauer_sticker_labels.jpg

I'm a god damn idiot aren't I.

Just looked into barcodes some more... Found online barcode generator that exports to EPS (vector) and then I found a barcode identifier site, so I just look up what label has what barcode, type in the data, and I get a duplicate of the barcode... Much easier than trying to fiddle with a limited number of sub-par barcode fonts for sure !

http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/generator/

:D

Sooo. I got hammered with package deliveries today! Double Smith & Wesson delivery (split shipping for some reason) and Brownells package came in.

I was more excited than I had thought when I opened the stuff and checked it out, here are some pics !

ppc_005.JPG

All ordered items;

2x SMith & Wesson, hard-plastic case, up to 6" (small), blue

1x Colt, hard-plastic case, blue

3x MasterLock pistol cable locks

2x Smith & Wesson ear-plugs

3x Generic ear-plugs

6x Tapco pistol chamber flags

18x Tapco rifle chamber flags

1x Smith & Wesson M&P t-shirt, grey, medium

1x Smith & Wesson shooting glasses (not pictured, forgot I was wearing them they are so crystal clear and comfy!)

ppc_006.JPG

Close up of the goods :D

ppc_007.JPG

Smith & Wesson shootings glasses, for 10 USD these are dang nice, definatly my new primary plinking and safety glasses, not sure they are OK for skirmishing though, I don't do that so...

ppc_002.JPG

MasterLock cable lock test-installed on my HK PX4. Works good enough, keys and lock are a little fiddly, not exactly smooth to open and close as you have to manually align it to get it to open and close, oh well. The shielding of the cable was a little harder than expected so it may very well scratch airsoft pistol finish, not that I intent to use it much, but if you have kids or other people who definatly should not use airsoft pistols, and you got no other secure storage, this could very well be a solution. Thumbs up! I thought these would be purely for show but I can see these actually being useful in airsoft in some situations.

ppc_001.JPG

Tapco pistol chamber flag in HK PX4. I was suprised, again I figured these would be for display/show only but I think these may very well actually work. The plug that goes in the barrel is approx 5mm so it goes in without a fuss, and if you ease the slide forward there should be no damage to nozzle, hop chamber nor barrel. If you are worried you could cut the plug off so it doesn't go into the barrel or hop unit, but would be secure enough. I liked this alot and can see myself using this for real.

ppc_009.JPG

Again Tapco pistol chamber flag in the KJW KC-02 custom, works well enough.

ppc_008.JPG

And just for good measure, the Tapco rifle chamber safety flag actually works in my WE M4 GBB, cool ! :D

ppc_003.JPG

And finally a little preview teasor of the S&W M&P pistol case populated with a HK PX4 to show how it could look once all the bits are in place. Looks pretty promising IMO and I just got even more psyched over this project :D

Think it's gonna work out nice in the end !

All in all more pleased with everything than I had expected initially. Oh and the S&W M&P shirt feels nice, thick comfy cotton fabric and good quality print, will be a favorite for sure ! :D

HOLLA !

EDIT: LOL this guy stole my idea ;) (joke)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-126571-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhg3vgX0k4aE5rhfwE2C4LDEmEe4hQ

If I read it right he paid 4000 TWD, 137 USD for it. Second hand on eBay. That is about same price as for brand new from Sprinfgield :D

Mweh, seriously dissapointed in Beretta and S&W, absolutely ZERO repsonse, e-mailed half a dozen distributors for each brand and their official channels. Now I am down to hunting retail stores in the US for help...

I guess I could call them up and ask but it's a bit easier for me to ask via e-mail, don't feel comfortable explaining over the phone :S

Glock and Sig are done. XDM can be had no problem so. More than half way :D

Sig Sauer Germany came thru no problem!

ppc_010.JPG

Funny thing, the Sig manual is printed on A4 duplex, folded in half and tacked together, I could of done that myself at work :P

But hey it was free and their service was excellent so who am I to complain.

No progress on S&W at all, not even a repsonse. Beretta reps are replying back saying they can't help. Seems most Beretta dealers are snobbish shotgun shops only :|

Guess I have to work up the nerve to call em up !

Glock case and Sig case coming in next week, along with WE F228, WE M&P black and tan and some RS P228 grips :D

Archived