Zeta Lab Possibly Compromised

aznriptide859

Best of luck to anyone who was owed a gun.  

I've been tempted many times by various preorders, but cautionary tales like this and the TSI Tavor always cooled me off--let some other guy Kickstart these sketchy projects while I'll wait for a couple reviews, thanks.  

That's also why I only buy with credit cards filtered through PP, and if the snatchback deadline draws near and I don't have my item a claim gets filed, no exceptions.  

...The president has allegedly been arrested in mainland China...

Got behind on his bribe payments, maybe?  

Yeah, I really don't understand why some of you folks pre-order guns. This is a hobby that is unfortunately based off fraudulence; most guns we buy are trademarked illegally and as a result, manufacturers are often shady. It's just a little nutty that you'd throw a few hundred bucks out for a concept gun built in a shack in China.

Good luck with that, Cow.

Talking about Evike, let's see if someone can clarify this: Gunsmith Baton is somehow related to Zeta-Lab, but he also shows the Iron Airsoft Lee Enfield on his youtube channel?

Now Evike has a Matrix (generic name for "company-less" products) Enfield, but it's made by Iron Airsoft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRssWCW2an0

Thank god, it's not an AEG.

Good luck with that, Cow.

Talking about Evike, let's see if someone can clarify this: Gunsmith Baton is somehow related to Zeta-Lab, but he also shows the Iron Airsoft Lee Enfield on his youtube channel?

Now Evike has a Matrix (generic name for "company-less" products) Enfield, but it's made by Iron Airsoft.

Thank god, it's not an AEG.

Allow me to clarify, 2 years ago baton traveled to china to meet with zeta lab and invested quite a bit of money into the VAL.

In other words, no relation, he just got scammed for some serious amount of cash.

Yeah, I really don't understand why some of you folks pre-order guns. This is a hobby that is unfortunately based off fraudulence; most guns we buy are trademarked illegally and as a result, manufacturers are often shady. It's just a little nutty that you'd throw a few hundred bucks out for a concept gun built in a shack in China.

More like a small warehouse room in the middle of some industrial complex XD

Anyway, they did show pics of the external parts that were made (assuming those weren't taken from somewhere else).  I wonder what happened to those.  I'm sure if they went bankrupt the semi-finished externals were still worth something.  Would think they would've sold it to someone.

IIRC they had the body and barrel/silencer done already.  All it really needed was the stock, pistol grip and mags if I'm not mistaken; and a generic v3 gearbox shoved into it.

Were these guns going to be limited editions? If not, pure ordering mass produced items (especially airsoft guns) is insane. Given that extremely few airsoft manufacturers seem to give a rats *albatross* about quality and robustness, even if you get the gun, first off production samples are almost guaranteed to be lemons. IMHO, anyone paying for first off products is basically paying to be a test pilot.....good luck with that.

Given that extremely few airsoft manufacturers seem to give a rats *albatross* about quality and robustness, even if you get the gun, first off production samples are almost guaranteed to be lemons. IMHO, anyone paying for first off products is basically paying to be a test pilot.....good luck with that.

The flip side is if no one bought first production run/batch products the manufacturers would never bother actually releasing anything new, not just in airsoft, but with most physical manufactured goods.

The flip side is if no one bought first production run/batch products the manufacturers would never bother actually releasing anything new, not just in airsoft, but with most physical manufactured goods.

Tis very true!! I guess, if makers new they had to impress first time, or, maybe if there were tougher regulations governing consumer rights that would be a good compromise. Companies like TM that have been in the game a good long while, and who have built a solid rep, you can trust. Problem is you can count companies like that on one hand....these others, no chance, especially the new start up companies who jump on the latest band wagon trying to capitalise on the newest fad.

Were these guns going to be limited editions? If not, pure ordering mass produced items (especially airsoft guns) is insane. Given that extremely few airsoft manufacturers seem to give a rats *albatross* about quality and robustness, even if you get the gun, first off production samples are almost guaranteed to be lemons. IMHO, anyone paying for first off products is basically paying to be a test pilot.....good luck with that.

IIRC all the zeta guns were 'limited' editions like the Nagant...but from what I remember the Nagants weren't 'really' a limited edition gun.

A friend of mine told me how shady (actually, reminded me; I knew about this a month or so ago when I talked to him) they were especially with the people Zeta screwed over on the Nagants.  I'm not entirely sure whether I'm allowed to say anything else about it but basically Zeta, even before the whole VSS/VAL screwed over people out of a lot of money previously.

Archived