Battlefield 4

aznriptide859

Look im just going to get this out of my system and go "BF beats COD".....there i said it, go string me upside-down and beat me with iron bars.....

OT: Looks cool, as long as Tank armor isn't made of paper this time and i can load SABOT, HEAT and phosphorus rounds into the 150m cannon on the Abrhams then im game.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look im just going to get this out of my system and go "BF beats COD".....there i said it, go string me upside-down and beat me with iron bars.....

OT: Looks cool, as long as Tank armor isn't made of paper this time and i can load SABOT, HEAT and phosphorus rounds into the 150m cannon on the Abrhams then im game.

...and as long as said Abrahms doesn't spontaneously repair itself after being on fire.

@Cazboab: Shhhhhh don;t say that too loud or the die-hard cod fans will randomly come out of no where and drown us in molten hot rage :)

But da CooD gamez are teh best eva, I can us my sn1per rifle to so pick ppl off from 2000m out, just like in the real world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

'FireKnife'

Lol I Personally cannot see myself paying for BF4 because BF3 was such a let down. The game was aimed at COD's Camp elite Kid's... Which BTW Worst idea they've ever done because everyone I have spoken to about it agree's and has Aparently decided not to buy it from Launch! So they don't pay for a Half arsed COD or Arma!

But da CooD gamez are teh best eva, I can us my sn1per rifle to so pick ppl off from 2000m out, just like in the real world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

'FireKnife'

What the hell CoD game were you playing with more than 50M square maps? :P

But no really CoD up until the last couple of games was fun, just not the same scale as battlefield, and folk will say whichever scale they personally prefer is the "better" game.

On a slightly tangent note, has anyone noticed EA has damaged the reputation of practically all its non sports franchises over the past 18 months? C&C is practically dead in the water due to scaling down to skirmish level, Mass effect had that feckin' God-child, Medal of honour: Warfighter could have been a BF3 expansion pack and now Sim city has scaled down and removed features, but you'll never actually find out cos it doesn't bloody work...

What the hell CoD game were you playing with more than 50M square maps? :P

But no really CoD up until the last couple of games was fun, just not the same scale as battlefield, and folk will say whichever scale they personally prefer is the "better" game.

On a slightly tangent note, has anyone noticed EA has damaged the reputation of practically all its non sports franchises over the past 18 months? C&C is practically dead in the water due to scaling down to skirmish level, Mass effect had that feckin' God-child, Medal of honour: Warfighter could have been a BF3 expansion pack and now Sim city has scaled down and removed features, but you'll never actually find out cos it doesn't bloody work...

Dat onez with teh open ground, you know with the ovrgrowth stuff :P.

But to be honest CoD is like watching a Steven Seagal or Micheal Bay move, *suitcase* goes boom, stuff happens, the enemies die, the hero wins and that is it. For the MP it is much the same just no story. If that is what you want then it works.

Battlefield is more like watching BHD or Saving Private Ryan where you can get a feel for the battles, the scale and the characters, knowing that it is going to be on a huge scale. If that is for you then go for it ;).

Just too many people try and compare them, like comparing a rifle to a pistol, they both have specific jobs, not comparitively similar ones (well aside from putting out a bullet, which the both do, in the same way both games are FPS's end of).

Either way as I don't play much MP and I am not that fussed with general shooters I will probably give this a miss.

As for EA when they started doing that whole 'you must have a code with a new game to play BF3 on a console online' and pretty much killed the second hand sales for the game they lost my interest. The second hand service accounts for the reason a lot of people buy games, so they can play and trade them on, yet it is also an incentive to buy more expensive new games, knowing you will get back some of the cost when you sell it on, a game that may not otherwise have sold.

'FireKnife'

If I'm on a European server WTF is.....someone from *fruitcage* JAPAN doing in it?

Trying to find games without stupid restrictions? :P

Anyways, blah blah, BF4 is more of the same, so generic that it could have been called anything. Meanwhile EA talks about how  “The technology has enabled us to become better storytellers.”  and “It’s not about the polygons, the shaders. It’s the emotional connection we make with players.”

EA/DICE/whoever doesn't get why people play battlefield, do they?

Also, too much anti-CoD circlejerk in this thread.

ARMA 3 seems to run much better than ARMA 2.  That is the general consensus and my own observation.

Yes, but to my knowledge no onboard video cards that Apple is putting in their machines are capable of running the game. I know personally that mine can only run the game at about 10 FPS, which is unplayable.

Yes, but to my knowledge no onboard video cards that Apple is putting in their machines are capable of running the game. I know personally that mine can only run the game at about 10 FPS, which is unplayable.

I used to use my 2010 Macbook pro for playing ARMA2. Their newer cards are definitely powerful enough.

Archived