Battlefield 4

aznriptide859

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after the release of BF3, they had a pretty much immediate breakthrough with their frostbite engine and was able to very quickly start designing BF4. i think they should have waited to release it as the next gen consoles rolled out, but in a PC player so it doesnt really matter i guess.

but anyway, that looks damned good.

I willing to bet people are going to moan about it using the same engine as BF3 and then say COD is much better!

I've got mixed feelings about the trailer, graphically it looks fantastic and it appears that dual sights from MOH are going to appear as well. However, the trailer didn't make me think that the game is going to be amazing. I know that good SP campaigns are few and far between these days, but nothing in that trailer made me think that I had to see more.

We'll just have to wait for more trailers and see what else they put out there.

To be honest my response is 'meh'.

FPS games are really getting to the point now that they are all just the same thing with the same missions they just fall into the BF or the CoD side of things, and have the same setups.

Either way I can still see a big 'BF is better than CoD' argument somewhere down the line :P.

'FireKnife'

Built uber PC, bought BF3 on release, played it for a few months until thoroughly bored.  Realised that it just wasn't as much FUN as BF2 or the sublime Desert Combat mod for BF1942

The flight model on the jets was utterly appaling, set up for console joypads.  Choppers were too easy to fly.

I'm not buying another game in the series unless thay go back and revisit WW2/Vietnam/Cold War and employ people who can properly code a fun but challenging flight model for joysticks

I feel the same way about most FPS/Online Oriented games, only real have a life of around 6 months until im very bored. Even with all the DLCs, for me BF3 got very very dull about a month after the Tank mode came out and I completed all of em..

All the CODs bar MW2 got bored in 3 - 4 months, bar zombies, that is still awesome.

Though Bioshock and Halo are both fantastic imo.

That does seem  a strange move, considering the PS4/Xbox 720 are 'due' for release in Q4 this year (more likley Q2 next though) so this game will have even less life.

I'm looking forward to it. Yes most FPS's seem the same but if it ain't broke- don't fix it. Is my Moro. By that I mean it sells very, very well. And engages my interest once a week.

The few I know who say games like BF3 get boring fast. are the type who power game the hell out of it on a daily basis for hours on emd. ( not directed towards anyone here)

Having said that I do hate CoD and Halo, they are too samey for me. BF3 is way too varied for that IMHO.

I'm buzzing for bf4, even if if is just bf3 with more maps- ill be happy. And thoroughly entertained on the occasion I play if.

To be honest I don't power game, I just like a little bit of innovation with a game.

This is why I don't like most of the CoD, BF and Halo games. Halo has just added to its looks each time, but added nothing significant, CoD peaked at 4 and BO and the rest are barely worth it, BF just can't compete with it's own BF2 and will always feel like Halo does, polished but nothing added.

This is why I like say Bioshock as a FPS, it changes the whole game on it's head and gives you something new each time, not just polish and hope no-one notices.

I get why people like BF3, CoD and Halo but for me each one offers little between titles, and often the best option is to buy the latest one and then you have pretty much played them all.

'FireKnife'

Good point, often I find the SP campaigns lacking anyway.

But as for MP, well every game will just get clogged with 12yr olds with idiot parents that have no issues with them blowing up virtual people and chatting away to people three times their age about stuff they really shouldn't :P.

This is why I play things like CoD4 MP rather than the latest game as all the power gamers and children will go to the latest game, meaning those that like something a bit different are left to play around and have a laugh.

'FireKnife'

I enjoy Battlefield 3 mainly when I'm playing with my friends. When you play MP on your own it's just not that engaging. There's always times in BF3 when my friends and I are just defending a certain point and we have an absolute blast doing it. Mainly because we don't generally play that seriously. Hell, I run around shooting people with smoke grenades for the lulz!

I need at least five of these questions answered "yes" to buy it even with "free" premium:

1, will it have in game VOIP, rather than a system via battlelog?

2, Is the premium upgrade the mail bulk of DLC? IE no other core game modes(like the tank battles) in DLC outwith premium and no other upgrade DLC pack in 2 months.

3, will there be single player DLC in premium?

4, Is the bonus content in game content?

5, will you stop making bloody silly balance/realism excuses on why there are no .50 rifles when you include automatic shotguns with frag12 and limit the javelin's max range to just outside the minimum range IRL?

6. No seriously, will it have its own internal VOIP?

I need at least five of these questions answered "yes" to buy it even with "free" premium:

1, will it have in game VOIP, rather than a ###### system via battlelog?

2, Is the premium upgrade the mail bulk of DLC? IE no other core game modes(like the tank battles) in DLC outwith premium and no other upgrade DLC pack in 2 months.

3, will there be single player DLC in premium?

4, Is the bonus content in game content?

5, will you stop making bloody silly balance/realism excuses on why there are no .50 rifles when you include automatic shotguns with frag12 and limit the javelin's max range to just outside the minimum range IRL?

6. No seriously, will it have its own internal VOIP?

1. it really should, even though most players i know on PC use 3rd party software anyways

2. dont really understand this, looking at wording, i get the feeling only 1 Map Pack will be free, NOT Premium (all packs). and all modes should ship with the game, so we can play every gametype on every map (within reason)

3. depending on how they do the SP, id hope yes (or if its a closed story then no)

4. Often, no. but dogtags and camoes ect.

5. THE GAME NEEDS .50s and 6-24x Scopes (not fixed mag) as the maps are far too big for current equipment and all lock on launchers need to be set up and left as is.

6. see 1.

1. it really should, even though most players i know on PC use 3rd party software anyways

2. dont really understand this, looking at wording, i get the feeling only 1 Map Pack will be free, NOT Premium (all packs). and all modes should ship with the game, so we can play every gametype on every map (within reason)

3. depending on how they do the SP, id hope yes (or if its a closed story then no)

4. Often, no. but dogtags and camoes ect.

5. THE GAME NEEDS .50s and 6-24x Scopes (not fixed mag) as the maps are far too big for current equipment and all lock on launchers need to be set up and left as is.

6. see 1.

7. GET RID OF REGENERATING HEALTH.

8. 'DISABLED VEHICLES' should BE 'DISABLED' I.E. unable to move, or if aircraft, unable to fire.

9. SPAWN PROTECTION IN SPAWN AREAS, nothing is more fun than spawndiespawndiespawndiespawndiespawndiespawndiespawndiespawndiequit. This will also balance the AC-130 if it's in the game. Also penalties for killing people in their spawns. If you spawn on a squad member or beacon, your on your own as that's your choice.

10. Rush objectives that are more than 4 inches apart, in bases that are placed to actually use the size of the maps. Unlike the endgame maps where you can practically spit on the next objective.

Meh. Campaign looks just like CoD/BF3, nothing to see there really. I also wish FPS games would stop using music like Jay Z, Linkin Park, whatever it was CoD used and now bloody Rihanna to try and sell games. Can't really put my finger on why, just feels very incongruous and an obvious marketing ploy. It's particularly galling in BF when that series already has an awesome theme of its own.

Multiplayer is where BF excels (or used to...) and it's that which will make or break the game for me. BF3 was something of a mess and unfortunately I am slowly losing faith in DICE's ability to not cock it up again. Switching to console-centric development midway through BF3s production was a mistake and it shows in the final game.

It's not just nostalgia - so far nothing has beaten BF2 for multiplayer mayhem (except possibly 2142). BF2 wasn't perfect, and BF3 brought a lot of improvements but overall it's just not as good. The only truly big maps BF3 has are incredibly linear and dull to play. I haven't even downloaded Aftermath or Endgame yet but apparently I'm not missing much.

Archived