Battlefield 4

aznriptide859

I was more distracted by the fact that a Russia vs. China map prominently features a bunch of American naval vessels, honestly.

Looking into it, it seems that since apparently Russia and the US blockade China with both their navies, that particular map, no matter what forces are fighting currently, will have American ships as set pieces.

I actually went and tried doing the Russian missions in BF3 today (no way in hell am I touching the multiplayer now despite wanting to finish gun unlocks), and honestly that is about the only part worthwhile for me in the end.  I have to wonder what happened to the MEC though, considering they were present in the BF2 and the Bad Company series.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Combine the number of guns there's going to be with the number of attachments... well you get a big old number put it that way.

1237076_625537014153565_891598807_n.jpg

I'd rather that people weren't able to change the camo because then it just goes down the route of looking like total CoD fiction as opposed to just slightly, but that's what da kidz want these days so there we go.  I'd imagine if they went back to BF2 with everyone just getting the guns appropriate to the military force and the trade/MOS they were playing then 90% would *badgeress* like *fruitcage*.

I'd imagine if they went back to BF2 with everyone just getting the guns appropriate to the military force and the trade/MOS they were playing then 90% would *badgeress* like *fruitcage*.

As much as we would like to sadly it will never happen. Said the same thing to a guy that loves CoD and the way BF is going and his response 'oh well why don't we just go back to health packs and Goldeneye where you actually had to have people round to play against?'.

I will be honest I liked those days. Plus the comedy videos you could make from BF2 just felt better.

'FireKnife'

Well at the moment theyre static. I know of 4 locations at the moment.

But theyre pickups. You dont swap your weapon for them, and they have limited ammo. They respawn 60 seconds after being dropped, and the only way to get more ammo is to

a) wait

B) hoof it to another spawn of the same gun

C) [unconfirmed] commander supply drops.

Alright, this is BF3, but I thought I'd let that topic rest since the sequel is upon us fairly soon.

I've loved every episode of this cartoon series but this one's been my favourite.  If you've ever played the CQ DLC in a very sparsely populated or even empty server you're going to get a giggle from this.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jYY4vH1SE

Just to keep the thread going, here's Alan Kertz (Demize99) on weapon customisation. I'm mildly apprehensive of BF4, I'm not 100% happy with a lot of the decisions being made about the game, however Levolution looks pretty awesome (although maybe gimmicky after the first few times? idk) and one feature mentioned briefly in the video impressed me - tiered reloading. Basically it keeps track of your progress in reloading a gun so if you switch weapons mid-reload, when you come back to that gun you don't have to start the whole reload again.

A particularly obvious example would be the SMAW launcher where you have to remove the spent rocket casing before inserting a new one - in BF3 and every other shooter if you switched away from the launcher after you pulled out the old rocket case but before putting a new one in, when you came back to it you'd see your guy remove the old rocket again before reloading.

BF3 brought different reloads depending on whether you were empty or not (which CoD had been doing for ages) along with correct ammo amounts for the different reloads (which CoD didn't bother with) - now we have proper reloads which don't start over if interrupted. Nice.

I'm interested to see how much detail it goes into - if you swap your M4's magazine but don't hit the bolt catch before switching guns, when you pull the M4 out again will your dude just hit the catch and keep rocking? One would hope.

LAV?

Larry A. Vickers. Owner/founder/operator of Vickers Tactical, Inc. Former custom 1911 smith. US Army SF and Delta before that. Assisted, along with Ken Hackathorn (a good friend of his, another former 1911 smith, firearms instructor, US Army SF, and current deputy sheriff), Heckler & Koch in designing the HK45, HK45C, and the HK416. Even has his own TV show over here, called Tac TV - basically a general shooting/history/this-gun-is-awesome-because show. 

Link to VickersTacticalInc YouTube channel 

Soo, BF4 beta is out, and I am hit my crippling texture glitches and errors, trees randomly appearing through out the map, random bush textures spreading out in huge vertical walls.

Well, at least I managed to play a couple of games at Eurogamer Expo!

That's a kicker.  Graphically it's running very nicely for me, feels a tad like moving through syrup compared to BF3 but I think the auto-settings have cranked up my textures etc a tad too high.  Once I turn them down a smidge, up the mouse sensitivity and play on computer that's hard wired to a router instead of wi-fi as I currently am at home I think it'll be a lot better.

Shame there's a very limited selection of weapons/attachments and vehicles right now but there is some very cool stuff.  The water and everything related to it in particular, but the various interactive elements like lifts, street bollards, lights, car alarms etc are all very cool.  Some sweet new equipment as well, the 40mm is uber powerful right now but the XM25 is really good when you use it in the right situation.

That's a kicker.  Graphically it's running very nicely for me, feels a tad like moving through syrup compared to BF3 but I think the auto-settings have cranked up my textures etc a tad too high.  Once I turn them down a smidge, up the mouse sensitivity and play on computer that's hard wired to a router instead of wi-fi as I currently am at home I think it'll be a lot better.

Shame there's a very limited selection of weapons/attachments and vehicles right now but there is some very cool stuff.  The water and everything related to it in particular, but the various interactive elements like lifts, street bollards, lights, car alarms etc are all very cool.  Some sweet new equipment as well, the 40mm is uber powerful right now but the XM25 is really good when you use it in the right situation.

I knocked my specs down to absolute bare minimum to see what happens, no change. Similarly a reinstall hasn't worked either.

It's a real shame. From my experiences with it at Eurogamer, it's an awesome game, and the few bits of the beta I have been able to play reinforce that.

It looks gorgeous, but has inconsistent frame rate issues on my rig. I'll try play around with the settings, but it should be buttery smooth on auto detected settings (high). My rig is almost on par with recommended specs, only barely missing out on graphics card (7870 recommended, 7850 present). 

Seems as fun as ever though! Really looking forward to this.

Is it just me or does the early build (beta, pfff right) feel kind of underwhelming? I mean the tower crashing is cool for the first few times but after than it's nothing special. The map definately looks nice and plays alright but nothing special.

Suppression effects don't feel as strong as in BF3, which is a big plus in my opinion.

Guns also feel better and the feedback you get from hitting people is more pronounced (for a lack of a better term).

Recoil seems to be lower, not a fan of that.

BF4 feels like a glorified add-on for BF3.

On Ultra settings I occasionally drop down to ~25 FPS (i7 4770k, GTX 680). I am using the latest beta drivers.

Archived