Russian kit discussion

Soloman

It has to be SKS i realise that now but the main thing that ###### me off if the fact my friend butchered the 3 cell chi com so i could just swap it round with him. if he had waited 2 days it would be fine but hes so impatioent to butcher any kit he has it sickens me to seee the chi com with molle on it and british osprey pouches attached sprayed with puke brown to deserterfy it!

HPIM0496.jpg

Ive fitted an M4 mag in hte closed pouch 1 next to it and open so you can see and an AK mag as well showing its total lack of fitting.

Grim

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elastic eh? hmmmm? thats not a bad idea that mate. Thanks.

I will probably end up using it when i use my M4 or SA80 after i get some 120 midcaps (i hope they fit) and just use it with my SBS afghan loadout. Failing that i will just sell it off. I already have anotehr 3 cell chicom en route for my AK mags. But what i need now is a pouch that will hold the 2 RPK mags i have.

Oh and you will find the abomination on this thread (warning you may spew your guts up.)

Click here! IF YOU DARE!!!!

Grim

I think I'd be instantly banned if I posted my reaction to that... ;)

You see in a lot of pics from the war that soldiers would stuff 2 mags in a chi-com pouch so that might be worth considering. Also given their size rpk mags might be less likely to fall/jump out of the pouches even if they have to be left open.

Biscuit

Im trying to find the picture of the 5 cell chestrig. I do have a 4 cell chicom one but the one i am interested in is not chinese, im assuming russian make. It has construction like this one but 5 ak mag size cells across, i dont know about the mag capacity per cell but this one seems to hold multiple, unless they are 74 mags crammed in there.( I assuming the shoulder pads are custom pieces)

081115bergsjnwebb16.jpg

Nope shoulder pads come with it :) and it will take AK47 as well as 74 mags [something the grad-2 doesn't]

If you're not adverse to using western union Front to Russia has a nice supply of them :)

Soviet Afghan war era chest harness. 3 AK magazine pockets,

4 grenade pockets. Holds 6 mags. 1980's dated.

[url=http://www.tridentmilitary.com/load-bearing-vests.html]http://www.tridentmilitary.com/load-bearing-vests.html[/

url]its not afghan era. they were issued in '89 when the soviet army pulled out. they saw a good bit of use in chechnya though. and the guy in the photo has his mags round the wrong way ;) the lifchika is designed to accommodate the mags facing forwards.

as for that rig, doesnt loom russian, doesnt have an OTK stamp either. possibly either chicom manufacture (design suggests so) or a home made on (although its odd to have 5 pouches, you only usually see 4 in home builds)

Grim - I can't seem to find any clear pictures of the chi-coms I described, sorry about that. Although I definately know it was done from reading soldiers' accounts!

my_plague_666 - I can't say for the life of me that I've ever seen them with the mags facing forwards. Got any pics of them in use like that?

Biscuit

dont have any pics of them full stop :P

seriously though, if you have one, try it. the mags are incredibly tight if they sit parallel to your body, but turn them 90 degrees and it's not a bad fit at all. it certainly seems this was how they were designed to be used... kinda makes sense too, since the mag is already facing in line with the gun (not that it makes much difference).

anyone know where i can get a khaki RD54 or have one that they wouldnt mind parting with?

Here be a pic of me at Urban Assault on Saturday passed.

Was down from Glasgow visiting family and came with my bro in law George.

Love UA :)

Felt weird, this was the first time using my ak without the silencer, and I didnt have my tishina on it either so it was light as a feather compared to usual. very functional and capable tho. :)

Had to wear my desert night jacket as it was SO COLD!

Looks the part tho.

100_2294.jpg

100_2302.jpg

url]its not afghan era. they were issued in '89 when the soviet army pulled out. they saw a good bit of use in chechnya though. and the guy in the photo has his mags round the wrong way ;) the lifchika is designed to accommodate the mags facing forwards.

as for that rig, doesnt loom russian, doesnt have an OTK stamp either. possibly either chicom manufacture (design suggests so) or a home made on (although its odd to have 5 pouches, you only usually see 4 in home builds)

They were used in Karabakh, Dagestan, Ossetia and Abkazia to.

Archived