WE M92 going Full Auto?!

harborne blue

Well, I believe that can be fixed with a KJW magazine, a KA nozzle, and maybe springs, and some other stuff, but can you really be bothered spending a lot of money in HK shops and taking the gun completely apart with the thought it may still not work correctly after you put it back together?

Sorry Harborne, I just don't know that anyone has the patience to bother with WE M9s.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but its the truth. WE M9s are famously temperamental.

They may be fine or they may be *suitcase* and blow up in your hand. Anyone's guess. Going full-auto once in a while is pretty standard practice for them.

They are hit and miss really.  Stay away from 92s', 1911s, and 2011s.  The Sigs are considered OK-ish but some seem to suffer from catastrophic slide failures.  M&Ps have a host of issues out of the box.  But as you have experienced, even what are generally considered OK have problems.  Sp I'd say, no.  Not worth it.  After the time and money involved in fixing them, you may have well as got a TM.

Is this quite common with we guns? I've had a mates glock trigger unit break after 3 mags but WE seem to occupy the high price point behind Japanese brands. Are WE Worth buying at all?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4

I've owned one 1911 Socom Gear (same as WE, different name) and it was *suitcase*.  Kept jamming, misfired and vented gas regularly.  In the end I replaced all the internals for TM parts and even then it still *fruitcage*ed up on me.

Several friends own WE pistols as well and I have yet to hear anything positive about them.

Moral of story? WE make terrible pistols and you should never even consider buying one.

Why if they are so rubbish do people pay the high price when for a little more a kwa would be available which tend to work exactly like KSC ....

Because newcomers to the game trust retailers to sell quality items.  Or in my case, a newcomer who saw a replica Punisher pistol complete with compensator.  It was the gimic that sold me and I wish I'd read more about the inadequacies of WE on this forum prior to impulse buying that damn thing.

Back when I had my WE M9, it also occasionally bursted.  Turned out the notch in the slide that pressed down the trigger bar wore, so the trigger bar would not be pressed down enough to engage the sear.  Temporarily fixed this by filing the trigger bar so it would not have to be pressed down as far to disengage the sear.  And yes, Marui mags work with WEs and vice-versa.

I have a WE XDM that's great but as above my M92 long slide is a becoming a bit of a pain... 

Back on topic: if I can't fix it, will a Marui M9 accept the WE mags? If so, I'll get me one of them!

A good friend of mine also had an WE XDM, but several issues later it lead him to change to TM.  That said, my experience with XDMs is limited so it may just have been a lemon and not a true representation of QC for the pistol type.

As for the TM M9A1, another friend who is a marshall at our local site regularly uses his for test kills.  And he's said that the new hop design makes things so much easier.  It's also compatible with WE mags.

WE guns exist solely to occupy a price-point. People want metal guns for less than €150, whereas Marui + MBK (Metal Body Kit) would set you back double. On top of that they don't necessarily exist for skirmishers as many people just want to have a metal/realistic replica that they barely (if ever) shoot.

Not all of them suck though, and it's important to remember that pretty much every airsoft gun has problems, or at least the potential for them...including Marui. I have many WE guns, and some are actually pretty good:

- G18C: It's alright - decent accuracy, but like all G18's it can break its nozzle pretty easily. Works fine though...just the return spring and corresponding nub needs to be removed.

- G17: More reliable than the G18, though some self destruct their outer barrels

- Browning Hi Power: Awesome! Well, in theory. In practise...not so much. It could have been amazing and instead it just looks great - performance = muck

- 1911 MEU: Single stack mag with heavy slide + loose tolerances = lackluster gun that can't empty more than 10 shots. They look good new but erode very quickly and rather unsightly

- XDM (full size & compact): Good plastic, nice looking but flawed shooting experience. The magazine's release valve can need adjusting out of the box, and the gun itself can break/damage its valve striker pretty easily :(

- PX4: Although always attributed to HK3P, considering the more evidence surfacing regarding a simbiotic OEM relationship, it's only fair to credit them with the gun that heralded in the new age of WE. Great gun, especially for the money. The plastic sucks compared to the Marui, but shoots straight (albeit low-powered)

- M9: The HK3P era M9's (e.g. Samurai Edge) look great and are not as problematic as WE's older ones...but it is not trouble free. Full auto fault still exists, and as the others have said...it's not really worth fixing

My WE 228 was excellent; I've seen the slide failures, but they seem to be 226's? Either way, the finish was usual 'okay' WE, but it looked nice, cycled quickly and shot exactly as it should.

I've currently got a HK3P G17 Gen3 - Which might as well be WE - Fair enough noone's got faultless evidence, but WE and HK3 guns are the same with the difference being markings. Either way, it's extremely well finished, the frame material is a lot nicer than the TM stuff, and it's exceptionally gas efficient for a metal slide as well as slinging a .3 as effectively as a TM. Sure, it won't cope in the winter, but I know that, so it's okay.. 

I'd say, in my experience...

DO: Glock series, Sig P228, PX4, Rifles (assuming you know what you're doing with a GBBR).

DON'T: 1911's, M9's, 2011's, Hi-Power.

That's how I'd call it based on my experience - Some of their models are actually very good value for money, but some are still just plain awful. 

Yeah, I did end up giving a more negative overview. It's partly because I work in an airsoft store, and am used to providing a lot of information so that people make an informed choice. WE pistols are what they are - they are a metal gun at a certain price-point for a certain type of person; they're not for everyone and nor are they trying to be. What they are trying is to be accessible, and cost effective. And you know what, they are. Their Glock series is very good for the money, however as I said in my post, like most other TM based glocks, the G18C has a tendency to break the nozzle. This doesn't actually affect the gun's operation; it still works, so it's not something I'd be concerned with. It also is not limited to WE.

The G17 breaking barrels thing happened across a couple of batches, but if you buy local they should be able to sort you out - I know we got a rake load of the barrels for that exact reason.

The XDM's I have (3.8 & full size) are fantastic, and no faults to report at all. However 2-3 in 12 needed the magazine valves adjusted out of the box as the valve striker couldn't hit them at the depth they were set at. Similarly 1-2 in 24 ended up with a worn valve striker.

The HK3P PX4 is virtually faultless; the power is low-ish (260fps w/0.20g BB), but for the money it is fantastic! Similarly I found the HK3P Samurai Edge to be a solid pistol. The finish is excellent, but a couple of them do develop the full auto fault (albeit drastically reduced over the older WE M9's). The HK3P era single-stack 1911's have tightened up a lot of the tolerances, as well as the finish making the pistols much more attractive. Accuracy is solid, but the big problem is heavy slide + crappy gas reservoir = upset airsofter :(

Realistically WE are fine...just be aware that there could be problems, and factor in the price of the gun itself; they're cheaply made and so are not built to last. What gives companies like WE a bad name is their relatively high lemon rate due to lower QC - companies like TM still have a lemon rate, but the main reason for going with them is it is drastically lower thus making you less likely to end up with one. I like my XDM 3.8, my G17 (prefer it over the 18C), and love the PX4 though admittedly when skirmishing I'd choose my TM one over it. 

I'd take my HK3 G17 over a TM, and it's very rare I'd ever say such a thing - The frame is a much nicer polymer, the trademarks are excellent, the slide is very nicely finished for a £75 pistol, and the gas efficiency for a metal slided glock is fantastic - That, and the availability of Co2 mags. I've owned both the 18C, and now the 17, by HK3 (which we might as well be honest is nicer looking WE), and they're honestly fantastic guns, not just for the price point, but generally very good anyway.

• 2 months later...

I have a HK3P/WE Biohazard M9 and I've not had this issue.. I've got around 1000-1200 rounds through it and the only qualms I have was from the get go the rear sight was wobbly and dropped off whilst I was playing with it. Finding a replacement is like trying to find Rocking horse s##t and the gun fires on Safe once in 100 times of trying (not that I make a habit of pulling the trigger whilst its on safe but on occasion it happens..!)

Archived