Recommend me a good Pistol light with strobe function!

xrayhead

Hi Guy's

I'm looking for some recommendations on a Pistol Light (has to have strobe as well), something a lot better than the £30 ebay stuff kicking around! I've seen a Surefire clone on Shooter Gear but not seen any feedback on them?

I also like the look of the Streemlight models,  :D  any help would be much appreciated indeed!

Cheers - Lee

I have a Streamlight TLR-1S :)

They're fantastic. Well built, solid, and have a great beam to them. Battery life is around 2 hours, although if you're using it in the momentary-on setting when you need to shoot, it'll last you a long time.

FTZ-Wildecard has a Surefire of some sort he was showing me last week - That was even better! Slightly pricier though, by about £30 I think.

I think you can still find the old Insight lights with bulb around ebay. 

Shouldn't break the bank as much as a CREE Led light. Just a hint ;).

Oh btw, I don't know what the situation is in the U.K. but the CR123 costs around €5.5 a piece. Which is quite much for 'only' 1.5Hrs of light. 

Also, if you choose a high output torch, be aware that if you light up a light coloured wall, you'll probably blind yourself with the reflection.

I found 150-200lumen to be more than enough, but then I play in an area with mosly white painted glossy walls so yeah...

5 Euro?!? Just get rechargeables. The set I got from china has been running my Surefire for over 5 years now.

Aye.

Spent about £8 on a CR123 the other day, regret it as I have a charger and some rechargeables somewhere but damned if I can find them (was going to order some more in anyway) and I needed to check my PEQ was functional.

FYI the HL version is not just more powerful, it's also a floodlight. It's meant to give the same illumination as the C4 version, but over a wider area.

TLR-1 is a super product. Super solid, perfect beam, very nice interface. Way more worth the money than the fancy brand name plastic lights. Sadly not all that many shops carry them outside USA.

Element (night evolution) clone of the inforce APL

Do you any other info than the above??

For pistol light, I'm using the Element/Night Evolution APL clone. Compared to G&P M3, I find the APL a lot easier to operate with my shooting style. With M3, I have to abduct/adduct my index finger to operate the switch, which I find unnatural and prone to failure under stress. In contrast, the APL has a large on/off/strobe paddle on both left and right side of its body. There are three modes activated by pushing in the paddle on either side:

1. Constant on/off: a quick tap turns the light on, and another quick tap turns it off.

2. Momentary on/off: tap-and-hold turns the light on. To turn the light off, just release the hold.

3. Strobe on/off: a quick two taps turns the strobe on, and another quick tap turns it off.

The only gripes I have with the Element/Night Evolution APL clone are the loose rail attachment and weak battery spring. The APL clone wobbled a bit on my WE XDM, but a few layer of electrical tapes on the rail fixed it. The battery spring was weak on my APL clone and caused poor connection, but it functioned well after I stretched the spring.

I also had the the Night Evolution M620V you mentioned. The light is built with quality material and quite sturdy. The only problem I have with the light is the somewhat bulky QD mechanism.

I bought both lights from EBAirsoft: http://www.ebairsoft.com/airsoft-parts-flashlights-c-68_45.html I had been a loyal customer to EBAirsoft for the past two years, but I have had problems with them with my recent two orders. They don't take items off their site when they are out of stock. When I asked about them after a month, they just refunded my money. Well, at least I got my money back.

Oh btw, I don't know what the situation is in the U.K. but the CR123 costs around €5.5 a piece. Which is quite much for 'only' 1.5Hrs of light. 

It's well worth buying CR123s sold for torch use online in bulk (10 packs or simmilar) if you are going down that route. they have nice long shelf lives, and I've seen them at nearer £1 per battery than the £8+ they can go for in a lot of retail shops.

Deciding the night before a FIBUA game day that I ought to protect the lenses on my torch and, more importantly, sight, I made up a lens protector using some polycarbonate. Cut a piece the size of a short bookmark, used heat to fold it into an L shape, and attached it using a length of inner tube (like a very wide elastic band). Supposedly a temporary fix, but I've used them both on multiple occasions since. It's perhaps not the prettiest solution, but less "obvious" than some of the rail mounted tombstone-type ones, and it only cost me a bit of time and a couple of offcuts (and a singed fingertip....)

NeNo protech do a pistol light with strobe for 35quid35quid.

super bright. Fairly decent. My first one diedz but have another that's still going strong.

On the lens protector front.

i custom make all of mine out of motorcycle visors. Takes ten minutes to cut to any shape!

rmr/docter/t1/eotech etc

NeNo protech do a pistol light with strobe for 35quid35quid.

super bright. Fairly decent. My first one diedz but have another that's still going strong.

On the lens protector front.

i custom make all of mine out of motorcycle visors. Takes ten minutes to cut to any shape!

rmr/docter/t1/eotech etc

How do you attach it to the front of the flashlight though?

Archived