Welcome to the RS Discussion Sub Forum!

bankz5152

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I figured the meme sort of explained that.

I think realistically even if they did get in and tried to change the law, the backlash from the public here would stop it actually happening.  You've only got to look at the e-petition for bringing back conventional .22 pistols to see how little support/traction these sort of things have in the UK overall.

Sadly, just looking at the gun amnesty social media by Lancashire Police highlight the complete fear, and lack of education to do with firearms.

We've been told constantly that guns are evil, and those that have them are evil. I can't really blame people for thinking it. I do get wound up with the typical 'proud mummy' single parent dosser waste of space though who gets hysterical about a rusted to *fruitcage* .22 pistol that was found in the attic of a dead relative and hasn't seen the light of day for 52 years. But thank *fruitcage* it's off the street, eh?Nevermind all the actual criminals who never handed in all their illegal firearms.

Very true. While our weapon laws are very strict it does work.

Id love to be able to do proper IPSC with a sexy little HK45 and the like but i doubt it will happen.

Would be interesting to see some stats on crimes commited with registered firearms....

I mean in the UK we have no real 'need' for assault/millitary/full auto weapons but I can see a place for pistols.

I would be fine keeping a pistol at a club providing I could choose any pistol...

On my phone my spelling will suck

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, just looking at the gun amnesty social media by Lancashire Police highlight the complete fear, and lack of education to do with firearms.

We've been told constantly that guns are evil, and those that have them are evil. I can't really blame people for thinking it. I do get wound up with the typical 'proud mummy' single parent dosser waste of space though who gets hysterical about a rusted to *fruitcage* .22 pistol that was found in the attic of a dead relative and hasn't seen the light of day for 52 years. But thank *fruitcage* it's off the street, eh?Nevermind all the actual criminals who never handed in all their illegal firearms.

That amnesty program we did *fruitcage*ed me right off for the reasons you mentioned...

• 3 weeks later...

What's that?  Like 45 colt (from the SAA) but narrower?

I wish it was, but they're more like wax slugs and hoping you scald the perpetrator to submission. It's got a lot of collectible value, but the cartridge is impossible to find here and even "defensive" loads do about 120ft-lbs which is just about as stout as a .22LR.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! My personal favourite range is the Gun Garage, near enough opposite The Luxor. Free pick up and drop off from your hotel, plus (if your interested) last time I checked the only range in Vegas to have the P90, Kriss & .50 cal (no idea what make it was...) lovely staff as well. 

I do love the Vegas!

Archived