Ace 1 Arms Glock slide kits SAI RMR T1, T3, Costa etc. for WE and TM

NonEx

Just did some testing between WE G19 OEM magazine with flat top rubber, and Guarder Glock 19 custom curved top rubber magazine.

Fired 2 rounds per second with each. Until they ran out, then re-filled BBs and repeated.

Room temp was 23C, 22% humidity. ASG UltraAir Power Gas (~120-140 PSI), 0.2g BBs.

WE flat top (matching A1A RMR nozzle)
20 locked back
20 locked back
14 did not lock back

-8 (weak powered)

46 (54)

Guarder curved top (does not match A1A RMR nozzle)
20 locked back
20 did not lock back
6  did not lock back

-10 (weak powered)

36 (46)

I might have lost count and there might have been an additional 20 shots each per mag... I was suprised actually. I will check again tomorrow with chrono, because the Guarder curved top felt overall weaker in shots as well.

Then I will install the flat rubber from WE G19 OEM to Guarder mag and see how that goes.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes sorry. Gas route rubber. I thought that was clear since that is the only "rubber" on magazines :P

Not just different brands. But different models, and even batches in some cases.

Aftermarket nozzles are not consistent either...

So, to be clear. The WE G19 OEM nozzle and magazine are flat style.

Guarder mag is curved.

A1A nozzle is flat.

I thought thats what you meant.. but im not 100% familiar with the WE G19 so thought they mightve done something funky.. this is WE we are talking about remember! They redesigned a perfectly good barrel/rubber to make the MP5 and MSK incompatible with regular VSR rubbers! 

Ahh I see! 

Here you can see the differense between a curved rubber, on the left, and a flat one on the right;

we_gas_route_rubbers.JPG

Both are WE Glock 17 magazines. So, the problem I ended up with, was I bought a HK3P Glock 17 which had a flat nozzle bottom, but the magazines I bought extra for it had curved rubbers...

Here you can see the differense between a curved rubber, on the left, and a flat one on the right;

Both are WE Glock 17 magazines. So, the problem I ended up with, was I bought a HK3P Glock 17 which had a flat nozzle bottom, but the magazines I bought extra for it had curved rubbers...

Dafuq? When did WE start making curved-rubber mags?

No idea. I have sold all my WE and HK Glocks now so I can't check but I do seem to recall one of them having a rounded nozzle... Or maybe it was just the magazines that were different.

But for sure the Glock 18C I sold last had a flat nozzle, I checked to make sure I matched the magazine to the nozzle.

I bought some WE Glock magazines from two different places, I think AirsoftGlobal and WGC or something, and one came with flat, and the other with curved.

Sucks :(

Maybe differense between old and new batch or something? Not sure which one is the "current" version.

As for VFC or KSC SAI slides, I don't think A1A will be making those. They seem focused on the WE/TM platform. But you could email them and ask.

I do recall other manufacturers have something in the works for VFC/Stark Glocks though.

Tip for the future. Its best not to stipple the edge of the magwell as the plastic in that area is very thin and easy to deform.

I learned this the hard way years ago. Fortunately it was on an Airsoft Glock and not on any of the RS Glocks I've done. You can probably heat the deformed area with a heat gun and bend it to be straight again if you place a flat metal piece behind it and support it as it cools. I had okay results with that. But since then I never stipple to the edge. I usually leave a 3mm border there.

No idea. I have sold all my WE and HK Glocks now so I can't check but I do seem to recall one of them having a rounded nozzle... Or maybe it was just the magazines that were different.

But for sure the Glock 18C I sold last had a flat nozzle, I checked to make sure I matched the magazine to the nozzle.

I bought some WE Glock magazines from two different places, I think AirsoftGlobal and WGC or something, and one came with flat, and the other with curved.

Sucks :(

Maybe differense between old and new batch or something? Not sure which one is the "current" version.

As for VFC or KSC SAI slides, I don't think A1A will be making those. They seem focused on the WE/TM platform. But you could email them and ask.

I do recall other manufacturers have something in the works for VFC/Stark Glocks though.

Theres a post on their Facebook page stating the slides with the SA Glocks with a little modification to the outer barrel.

Well...

Pop-quiz for you guys who have this and have installed it.

Have you tried to fire it with BBs and/or chrono it?

Beause I just tried to chrono mine with the WE G19 magazine and the Guarder G19 magazine, and the BBs would not physically leave the barrel :(

I took the gun appart and quickly found the issue.

The floating valve in the nozzzle was stuck in the closed position, i.e. pushed all the way forward. No wonder it had such snappy blowback when all of the gas was directed to doing just that.

Took it appart further and found the floating valve is too tight of a fit in the nozzle, and so it got stuck at the front by friction.

Took it out, sanded it down just a touch with some nail files. Made sure it moved freely in the front of the nozzle and re-assembled.

Now it shoots, and blows back. BUT!

I got a whooping 140 FPS out of it... Yes F P S. Not MPS. :(

Something is funky with this nozzle design.

My feeling is that A1A were so concerned with making sure the blowback worked they just said *fruitcage* the FPS of the BB...?

Also, looking at the nozzle. The piston head is actually peeking out slightly into the gas route rubber hole in the nozzle. It's supposed to sit a little bit back in the nozzle chamber.

Some thoughts on how to modify this:

Cut the piston head carrier cylinder down so that the piston heads goes back a little. The design of the nozzle and BBU allows for this.

Or, stronger spring at the front so the closing of the floating valve takes longer, which should equal more FPS.

Or, cutting down the floating valve lenght a little so it has more travel space before closing.

Alternatively just buying some random Glock floating valves and spring kits and experiment.

da fuq A1A ?!?!

Now that you mention it, i did put some BBs in and tried to chrono it and I have the exact issues as you have. I regret that I put the red parts in because i now have a gun that have a 3 round burst and full auto, no single fire. The floating valve is stuck in the nozzle so the bbs is just falling out... god dammit!!

Now i understand the guys problem on a1a fb page.

Yeah I saw his post too and I thought it was the gas route rubber mis-match at first.

EDIT: I just sent him a message as well!

Then I tried to shoot mine :P

This is more and more turning out to be a very wonky product... Although it looks nice as heck!

I am wondering, if you manage to get the FPS up to the minimum acceptable level of 300, will it still have enough juice to blow back properly?

Also, that explains why I got 60 full shots out of one magaznie haha.

BUT!

I got another package from A1A today. Glock 17 threaded barrel, SAI flat faced Glock trigger and RMR mount plate (for my additional RMR sight).

I am going to try and cut down the Glock 17 barrel to make it fit nicely in the Glock 19. That way I don't have to use a fugly WE barrel with silencer adapter and thread protector.

I will post a video this weekend on my plans.

DJ: Since I already fixed my valve, maybe you can take some video of the issue so we can confront A1A about it ? :o

Yeah I saw his post too and I thought it was the gas route rubber mis-match at first.

EDIT: I just sent him a message as well!

Then I tried to shoot mine :P

This is more and more turning out to be a very wonky product... Although it looks nice as heck!

I am wondering, if you manage to get the FPS up to the minimum acceptable level of 300, will it still have enough juice to blow back properly?

Also, that explains why I got 60 full shots out of one magaznie haha.

BUT!

I got another package from A1A today. Glock 17 threaded barrel, SAI flat faced Glock trigger and RMR mount plate (for my additional RMR sight).

I am going to try and cut down the Glock 17 barrel to make it fit nicely in the Glock 19. That way I don't have to use a fugly WE barrel with silencer adapter and thread protector.

I will post a video this weekend on my plans.

DJ: Since I already fixed my valve, maybe you can take some video of the issue so we can confront A1A about it ? :o

You see i cannot be happier with my slide, but ive not any internals to swap out etc.

Here's what Kris said to me previously on FB "put the original Marui G18c nozzle in."

He said the same to me! Tokyo Marui Glock 18C nozzle works.

So I will be buying some other nozzles and floating valves and see how that works out.

But, seeing as how that solves it. I can now freely play around with the OEM A1A nozzle and see what works.

Actually... Does the TM Glock 18C nozzle fit in a WE Glock 19 setup?

or is it other dimensions ?

EDIT: Confirmed below by DJ. Guarder 18C nozzle works.

He said the same to me! Tokyo Marui Glock 18C nozzle works.

So I will be buying some other nozzles and floating valves and see how that works out.

But, seeing as how that solves it. I can now freely play around with the OEM A1A nozzle and see what works.

Actually... Does the TM Glock 18C nozzle fit in a WE Glock 19 setup?

or is it other dimensions ?

Well its the same as the G17 nozzle, but not sure that fits the 19?!

Hurr durr... Can someone with the A1A RMR 17 kit take some rough mearusements of nozzle dimensions ? Lenght, height and width

And some pictures

If they are close then I think it will fit in the 19 as well.

He said he got 270 FPS after installing TM G18C nozzle. Good blowback and slide lock back.

He also told me A1A messaged him on FB asking him to stop posting his issues there because it was embarassing them. Haha.

Man... A1A products, very nice. A1A support and customer care... whut ?

ok, funny story. I have a WE G18C and the nozzle broke so I bought an Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle Marui G18C http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=GD-NOZ-G18C&curr_code=USD

It came home and it didn't fit because the we g18c apparently uses the g17 nozzle so I said ok this was a waste of money.But i just remembered that I had a spare nozzle from my WE g23, so I used that on my WE g18.

So now i ended up using the guarder nozzle on the ace 1 arms with the floating valve and spring from my WE g23. I had to take the valve blocker from the ace 1 arms nozzle and it was a really tight fit so im planing to buy http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-reinforced-nozzle-valve-set-for-marui-g18c-gbb.html#.VOZJWyyqk1c.

Now im getting 260 fps.

I took out the red parts and replaced it with the lite black part but it still fires in full auto, did I do something wrong?

ok, funny story. I have a WE G18C and the nozzle broke so I bought an Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle Marui G18C http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=GD-NOZ-G18C&curr_code=USD

It came home and it didn't fit because the we g18c apparently uses the g17 nozzle so I said ok this was a waste of money.But i just remembered that I had a spare nozzle from my WE g23, so I used that on my WE g18.

So now i ended up using the guarder nozzle on the ace 1 arms with the floating valve and spring from my WE g23. I had to take the valve blocker from the ace 1 arms nozzle and it was a really tight fit so im planing to buy http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-reinforced-nozzle-valve-set-for-marui-g18c-gbb.html#.VOZJWyyqk1c.

Now im getting 260 fps.

I took out the red parts and replaced it with the lite black part but it still fires in full auto, did I do something wrong?

That hurt my head lol...

Good news about le nozzles. Getting Guarder 18C nozzles and floating valves etc.

As for the FA issue. Well, you are still using an FA lower :P

I am telling you you cannot trust those *suitcase* internals.

Get a Glock 19 and transplant and be done with it.

It's possible your FA internals are worn and wonky already and making the hammer not catch/release properly.

Strip it down, clean, relube, reassemble and hope its better.

I will order the Guarder steel hammer mech internals for mine shortly and hope those work. I mean, in my soon to come G19 lower internals :P

Archived