Current Favourite Motors

jonny2400

Hi Chaps

I have been out of the game for a few years and just wanting to find out what's the current go to motors..

Just started work on a new build and I previously always used Systema Tubro or Systema Magnum motors depending on build.. But I see they are now out of fashion.

What's the current hot favourites.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Systema Magnums are never out of fashion.

You can use all of the internals from EG1000 motors to renovate them with.

Using EG1000 shaft onto a magnum yields significantly decreased performance.  How do I know?  I did it and was only as good as an ICS EG3000.

• 3 weeks later...

Systema Magnums are never out of fashion.

You can use all of the internals from EG1000 motors to renovate them with.

They are super out of fashion :P

Systema Magnum is a specially developed and documented motor for the japanese market...it is not for western high power applications. It pretty much only makes a difference in a lab setting.

There are so many other factors in play, that the price of the magnum is too high.

Magnums are for low power, low voltage applications. They are too fast for their own good otherwise. What's the point of a motor that can push 45rps+ on a weak ssg gun with 11,1v. Too fast for low spring. Too fast for high spring. Everybody uses 11,1v or more. Tbe magnum is meant for 8,4v-9,6v nimh bats with m100-m110 springs. Or if you like to run torque up gears with normal springs (i think this approach (hs motor, torque gears) is popular with pinoy?). It is a product that perfectly compliments systemas current lineup and world view. And within that, Systema are amazing.

But the world has moved towards torque motors and HS gears. 11,1v, torque motor, then faster gears for higher rof. I personally use the ASG CNC 30K motor in most things. The rof is low enough that it won't cause trouble in most guns, the current draw is low, the semi is excellent, it runs fine on stick batteries, and the ROF is enough for most players (23-25rps ish).

Not too much point to the CNC cans and endbells though. In fact, they can be worse off as the magnums were - the anodizing on the endbells wore through and they started shorting on themselves.

My current go-to is the SHS Hi-torque. If I need something slower but just as strong, either the JG blue or the Guarder Ultra-torque.

Archived