TM Trademarks Question

RWJP

Hi guys,

I'm returning to Airsoft after a fair old break and have been looking around at various retailers just to get an idea of what the market looks like before I get my site membership sorted out again for more purchases.

One of the things I have seen is that all of the TM HK guns have messages saying that they no longer have trademarks as they are "removed" by the suppliers who ship to the UK stores. Unfortunately, none of these stores actually clarify what that means. Are they being physically removed by grinding them off? Simply painted over? Or done the US way and just covered in tape or putty?

Does anyone have any photos of a recently purchased TM HK gun that has had it's trademarks removed?

I've tried searching on this and other forums but have so far been failed by my Google-fu (punishment for not playing for a while)

Thanks in advance

wat, how does this look Photoshopped? 

AS-ACC-PT111-5L.jpg

Redwolf sells nothing that says Glock on their website at all and refer to them as the G model or some like that because they are very weary of the Glock lawyers and lawsuits :o

I also recall when they posted that frame on FB or insta and people ripped them because they killed the trademarks on it...

Never heard of a Glock frame with a removable trademark plate.

This my friend, is Photoshopped; 

GLOCK-100_BK_-02_80acb157-0e8f-4988-9528

From Rainbow8 curtesy of Guarder.

Ouch, that HK45 is terrible.

I'd seen the messages on both Firesupport and Land Warrior's pages for various TM guns and was pretty concerned. 

Although the highlight would be the messages on Firesupport's page for various TM HK guns that read like this:

The Marui 416D is an unlicensed variant of the UMAREX 416. It is not endorsed by H&K or UMAREX in anyway and is likely to be inferior in both quality and performance. 

wat, how does this look Photoshopped?

AS-ACC-PT111-5L.jpg

Redwolf sells nothing that says Glock on their website at all and refer to them as the G model or some ###### like that because they are very weary of the Glock lawyers and lawsuits :o

I also recall when they posted that frame on FB or insta and people ripped them because they killed the trademarks on it...

Never heard of a Glock frame with a removable trademark plate.

This my friend, is Photoshopped;

GLOCK-100_BK_-02_80acb157-0e8f-4988-9528

From Rainbow8 curtesy of Guarder.

Ok that picture didn't look photoshopped , first picture did and I had the rainbow8 edit in mind yes. Guess I was wrong kinda weird that Redwolf is the only HK shop that does that stupid thing (as far as I know)

NonEx, are you aware of any other pistol with a removable trade plate? I've definitely seen them.  I was sure it was some brand of Glock. 

Nope. Maybe you are thinking of the Stark Arms "Made in Taiwan" sticker that covers up their trademark?

11564871.jpg

It's so annoying.  I can picture it clearly in my mind and I remember thinking, 'wow, that looks clean' like it wasn't actually an insert but part of the frame.

It's an utter *bramston pickle* to Google too.  I am determined to find a pic now ha. 

Really like Rainbow 8, but when I saw the "Custom G19/23 duracote frame" for $169.78 US, I nearly launched a mouth full of coffee across the room. I mean, I really like it and really want it but gee whiz (as opposed to WT_). A guarder steel slide is less than that.

Now way back in the day, I had an old KSC G19 that the empty space on the right side of the grip (where you would normally see the "made in Austria..." trade on a Guarder). However, in the box was a plastic plate that fit the space perfectly, but it was blank and you had to glue it in (dating myself now as this was a long long time ago). 

Archived