Tokyo Marui 2020 Online Festival

PureSilver

TM are teasing three new products on their site. They'll be unveiled on the 17th of July in an online presentation, because coronavirus, hosted by a virtual YouTube personality in the form of a busty anime redhead in fatigues, because Japan. Owing to the intense creepiness of the scarred sort-of-3D VTuber I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone watch the actual product launch, so here are the teasers.

Fsu92oF.png

Number one is an AKM's front sight. This is almost certainly a GBBR companion to the MWS.

BjwTzdN.png

Number two is a flat-top AR's charging handle. Accompanying this is text Google translates as "Introducing the next-generation new products that will be added to the lineup in detail!", so maybe a NGRS release of some sort, although it's hard to think of a flat-top NGRS AR that would be legitimately interesting. A HK416 GBBR based on the MWS could be a possibility.

tLVsbcz.png

Number three might be a P320 beavertail. Accompanying this is text Google translates as "*The product that appears is under development." so I expect we'll see a resin cast, or maybe a bit further on from a resin cast.

Can guarantee it is still pot metal or at best aluminum.

I wish I was excited for TM products, but between the lack of stores stocking them here (and the price hikes for those that do), the lack of anything enticing for me compared to replicas from other companies that use steel or other stronger components, etc. I just don't get the spark like it was many years past. 

On 7/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, renegadecow said:

If that AKM receiver is still pot metal, I'm out. 

Edit: Also vtuber is probably just Marui guy

Receiver will almost certainly be aluminium, and I wouldn't buy one either for exactly that reason. That VTuber has the highest-pitched voice I've ever heard, although I suppose they have the technology to turn Marui Man and his increasingly alarming haircut into the vocalist from Hamster Dance.

9 hours ago, Gunmane said:

I wish I was excited for TM products, but between the lack of stores stocking them here (and the price hikes for those that do), the lack of anything enticing for me compared to replicas from other companies that use steel or other stronger components, etc. I just don't get the spark like it was many years past. 

Agreed on most things, but the AR-pattern Recoil Shocks are still absolutely peerless, which is why...

On 7/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, coolurjets said:

I'm absolutely up for a TM NGRS M13/MCX.

The ZET system is also interesting, so if it's a GBBR HK416 that could be interesting.

Meanwhile I see hyperdouraku covered a mp18 and B&T APC9 replicas that seem to be under the radar, the latter of which I am surprised is not TM given the amount of "*fruitcage* licensing" trademarks all over it.

I kinda figured TM would jump on that speedsoft train, considering I am already seeing those players pop up in videos I watch over there now.

So a friend of mine translated the AKM video and Marui rep says the receiver will be made of cast iron and the magazine a solid piece of aluminum. Cast iron sounds like MIM to me, better than zinc but still not quite stamped steel. Apparently the reason why they don't do steel is that they're legally not allowed to make receivers mostly out of steel much like how they can't make pressure bearing components on hadguns out of any metal.

Apparently the reason why they don't do steel is that they're legally not allowed to make receivers mostly out of steel much like how they can't make pressure bearing components on hadguns out of any metal.

The Sword & Gun Law is apparently a bit vague on this. WE pistols are apparently popular in Japan, because shops are prepared to interpret the law as referring only to ferrous metals. Cast iron sounds absolutely bizarre, but on the other hand, large steel MIM parts sounds equally odd, if not more so. Why make the magazines out of what sounds like billet aluminium?!

Not really sure on the status of metal pistols like WE. For a while they were practically flooding the market until the point where they were supposedly prohibited from importation. But I know some still find their way in and are available, just not out in the open like how you can get green gas there under the table or something like that. It's really just the local manufacturers where they implement it strictly otherwise we'd already see metal slided TMs.

There is also brands like Krytac and G&G that flat out sponsor events and groups in Japan, and I doubt they are only selling compliant models.  A channel I've been watching videos the last few months has the main POV (there are several players that record together) flat out rocks a E&L ak.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mach Sakai's video on the akm is out already.  Kinda wondering if TM would ever do something silly like have an additional gas tank in the stock you could fill up to somehow take the burden of either the bolt movement or actual bb expulsion off the magazine tank/ somehow help with cooldown issues.

Archived