PFC Model Gun Pic's

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cap guns. Anyone tried the Marushin ones yet? Luger, SAA, Model 2, Webley....

How much does the "ammunition" cost you and where do you get it from? Do you simply reload the included bullet casings with the powder?

Nice donnie :D

Seth- you use plastic caps filled with gunpowder. The cartridges are reusable but require cleaning after use to preserve them (burnt gunpowder residue is corrosive)

The marushin modelguns are good, but the recent re-releases of the M85 and M9 have very dire trade marks :(

The marushin metal finish models are excellent too, but sadly no longer produced

The only thing that concerns me is

1) parts breaking due to the gunpowder's explosive power, and not being able to find replacement parts

2) Not getting these "percussion caps" locally in Hawaii (USA). Do you need to import these from Marushin and MGC from HK, or does a local sporting and/or real-steel gun store have these?

Rizzo, PM sent ;)

EDIT: Also wondering if the Kokusai and Marushin PFC Revolvers have any recoil, and if they do, is it decent? Any muzzle flash and/or smoke?

Edited by seth

Right

1) The heavy weight plastic that more of these are made from has zinc added to it to make it more metal like. This means it is also quite brittle, and does tend to break after heavy useage. This is less so on revolvers, as nothing moves when the cap goes off :) Replacement parts can be bought, but are expensive and not readily available.

2) the caps are illegal in HK, and I've heard it's difficult to get hold of them in the US.

PFC revolvers have no recoil. Most modelguns have muzzle flash and all produce smoke/sparks. However, the metal kokusai revolvers have a blocked barrel, so no smoke or flash comes from the barrel.

that sucks, I have been searching again and again and have found no places to get model guns and caps in the US. Well, there is one place that sells the caps, but no guns...

Sounds like I'll have to stick with airsoft until its real-steel permit time.

For those interessed in, I have the following PFC gun for sale :

http://www.gunsnguys.com/ishop/Contents/Sh...asp?ProdID=2296

Beretta M9, full metal, almost new (only a small part of the grip broke...was glued back...not a big issue - I could make pics to show) Only shot 10 caps. I sell it because I cannot make if work properly...It shoots most of the time full auto (too sensitive ignition mecanism ?). Sold with 6 cartridges+6 extra ones

130gbp, shipping included to the UK (from France). I accept Paypal only.

Pictures, infos on request at chameloon (at) gmail.com

Edited by chameloon

I just got a new Tanaka Glock 17. At first it didnt load the cartridges properly and they would jam on the loading ramp, but after a little break-in period they load great. The MGCaps Im using are misfiring (not firing) every once in a while. Is this normal? Also the little rubber oring on the little tiny piston inside the cartridges seem to come off and a few have ripped. The guns dont blow back if there is no oring...is this common? I can still use the torn orings but sooner or later they are gonna completely wear out. Has anyone dealt with this problem?

anyway heres some pics

Tanaka_Glock_17_001.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_002.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_003.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_004.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_005.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_006.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_007.sized.jpg

Tanaka_Glock_17_009.sized.jpg

What do you want to do, exactly ? I'm not too sure I understood,

Cham'

I mean take the metal slide and frame from the Wa Shan and put them on my MGC beretta :)

V10- yep, the delicate O rings are a notorious problem with the tanaka modelguns :( I think other 9mm rounds may work in it, so you might want to try that.