Just when you thought a P90 couldn't get worse...

Connery

Just out of curiosity - does anyone know if there was an airsoft version of the FN Five-seveN released? it was a pistol designed to use the same ammo as a RS P90.

I've hunted all the ususal sites to no avail and even e-mailed a few manufacturers but got no response :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm one of the few people out there who think the P90 looks classy in it's stock form without much other than maybe a tactical light.

I used to own a P90TR and thought it looked great with a Bushnell 25mm Red Dot Scope and a Surefire Scorpion mounted to the left RIS rail. I don't much care for the Mk23 Suppressor it comes with, but in the absence of the FN-style P90 Suppressor, it did well with the Systema MC51 tightbore I put in there.

Now I have a package deal P90 Standard coming in a trade for my beloved MC51. It has many of the bells and whistles the "Raped P90" pic has:

• Nitro V RIS
  • P90 Box Mag
  • Folding Vertical Foregrip
  • Rediculously-long Silencer

All of the items will be going back up for auction to fund the purchase of a G&G GR16, while the P90 and magazines will fill my CQB role until I can get my hands on an MP5J.

I guess for me, I don't see that a P90 equipped with an espresso machine degree of accessories is really all that useful. Sure you may have two back up weapons, three scopes, and an extended supressor concealing a PSG1-length inner barrel, but how many eyes do you expect to be using to utilize your choice in optics? There is such a thing as sensory overload, when Johnny Noob jumps out of the bushes with his 500+ fps SR16, you actually have to take the time to decide which of the countless accessories you will utilize to draw bead, swing that bad mother his way, and send him to the warm, gracious hands of Allah.

When does over-accessorizing become an obvious attempt to make up for the shortcomings of a weapon the P90 definitely is not? The P90 may not have been originally intended for use as a CQb weapon, but it does the job damned well. When you're choosing a gun that you know you are going to be accessorizing. Perhaps instead of spending X-amount to turn your Derringer NBB into a Tactical Nuke launching orbital weapons platform, you could simply invest that money in a second AEG, more ideally suited to those types of external and internal upgrades.

Bottom line, I don't see the point of sacrificing the key elements that make the P90 such an excellent weapon, just to feed your compulsion to make up for the shortcomings of a compact weapon. It was made compact for a reason. When you need a different tool for the job, instead of bending the one you have in hand into the tool you need, why not simpy choose the correct one from the tool box?

'Nuff said

Archived