Pictures of your Weapon

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Havok...what in the hell did you do to your gun?

I dont know if its the flash or the lighting where you took the picture but that brown looks silverish red.

Ever heard the age old adage, "if it aint broke dont fix it?"

Your gun was beautiful, now it just looks overdone.

Dont worry guys i already had "The talk" with im on how to properly repaint his grips. If he listened and takes the advice to its fulles he should have some darn good grips when he gets the paints.

*Note for everyone else*. NEVER use model paints like tamayai or how ever your spell it. Those paints are ment for soft plastics and some have a weird mixture when it gets wet it will turn into puddy.

1. I suppose a 90mm would look OK ...

2. Yes, it is a ICS M4 C-15 ... with a RedWolf Level 3 Upgrade of course ;).

3. It is a King Arms 335mm LW Silencer

4. It gives a 'sound reduction' of 75% ...

5. No need for flaming. With proper grammar it would have been, "It's a M4A1 C-15, right?"

That is also an intriguing silencer, nice job since it is home made. How effective is it?

Dont worry guys i already had "The talk" with im on how to properly repaint his grips.  If he listened and takes the advice to its fulles he should have some darn good grips when he gets the paints.

*Note for everyone else*.  NEVER use model paints like tamayai or how ever your spell it.  Those paints are ment for soft plastics and some have a weird mixture when it gets wet it will turn into puddy.

Heh, the green was from a spray, and stood up really well to 2 skirmishes in wet woodland, actually. The brown was crappy acrylic, though.

I've got 3 cans of Krylon on the way now, though :D

By the way, for anyone who's used Krylon, how wide is the spray? Is it narrow enough to get a decent camo effect with (a la WhiteFeather's M15)?

WhiteFeather, do you have any more tips besides which paint to use? The more the better, as I'd look at painting the whole gun if the grips go well... ;)

Heh, the green was from a spray, and stood up really well to 2 skirmishes in wet woodland, actually. The brown was crappy acrylic, though.

I've got 3 cans of Krylon on the way now, though :D

By the way, for anyone who's used Krylon, how wide is the spray? Is it narrow enough to get a decent camo effect with (a la WhiteFeather's M15)?

WhiteFeather, do you have any more tips besides which paint to use? The more the better, as I'd look at painting the whole gun if the grips go well... ;)

Even the metal body :blink:? I dunno, is that recommended? But it's metal ... and black ... and metal :mellow:.

Either way, I hope the new paint job goes well. Just make sure it ends up nicer than the one most recently posted ;).

The krylon paints spray pattern is nothing compaired to a airbrush. You have to get a feel for how the spray is gonna act in wind and temperature. For god sake DONT paint your gun when its freakin cold out or when its blistering hot. when it is about 70F-80F degrees out its perfect for painting, that way it will adhere to the gun well.

The first time i used the krylon paints i wast not sure about how it sprayed so i practiced on a piece of cardboard seeing how thin/wide i could get it at different distances. If you are gonna paint the entire gun like i did, make sure you wipe down the gun and get all that dirst or dust off from previous games. The paint will adhere to they gun just fine they way it is, no need to sand down the gun or lay down primer. I just do about 2-3 thin layers of Khaki as the base coat color and then add OD and brown where i see fit.

Once i get this other m4 within next week ill try and take appropriate pictures to write a review for all of you guys and see if Arnie will put it up.

Edited by WhiteFeather

I do have an airbrush, but it's spray diameter is HUGE. I need a decent one, but I don't really have £100 spare at the moment...

By the way, have you got any advice on making the pattern look right on the top/bottom too?

Wheni do my OD and Brown stripes etc i do them from further distance so that it ghosts the Khaki that way if i want it darker i can make it. You can just make paint lighter unless you want to go over it again with khaki. To get the top/bottom matching i just sit the gun in a box so that it sits in it with the barrel and stock hanging over balancing it above the bottom of the box. Then i just spray the sides and try to bring it to the top of the rifle. When i do the bottom i let the sides dry first then connect them in some way. Ill try and get pics next week with my sisters digital camera of my rifle and show you.

Hey mates here are some pics of some of my new gear along with my M4 and Gspec and G23F.

Please excuse the SOCOM. I just wanted to get rid of the orange. Everything is stock so far minus the Guarder aimpoint on the M4.

The SOCOM silencer is excused for now, you have a legit reason. However, I expect you to look into something else ;).

And it is quite possible that you have the same exact pool table as I do :mellow:. Should I post pictures of my custom pool stick too? :lol:

Hey mates here are some pics of some of my new gear along with my M4 and Gspec and G23F.

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

71987beb.jpg

69a40682.jpg

Please excuse the SOCOM. I just wanted to get rid of the orange. Everything is stock so far minus the Guarder aimpoint on the M4.

Can i ask you a question enzo?, does the bhi omega vest you have there accept p90 mags? i heard the new versions do though i am not sure.