S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Impressions.

Samm

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the helmet I was going to use:

hpim1104it5.jpg

I@m just trying to figure out how to remove the visor; i've never kown bolts so tight. I'm going to remove the white tape as well, and it should look spot on.

Also, I was looking on ebay earlier, and sovietarmy stuff has helmet covers in ukrainian ttsko, which may be a good alternative- it would look good anyway.

Does anyone know what th webbing is? Still havn't figured it,

matt

EDIT: Just got the visor off, tried it with a pair of goggles and it looks ridiculous- I think i'll use a head wrap or just a ttsko hat. I think the helmet with cover would work as well, but I think our best bet is finding the helmet they actually wear- if it really exists.

-matt

I think the key to a decent STALKER loadout is the right hood, or a gas mask.

Seeing as gas masks are possibly the most uncomfortable things known to man, does anybody have any suggestions for a cheap hooded Eastern Block jacket or suit?

The NBC ones can get really sweaty.

I was looking at this personally for a hooded jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUSSIAN-Officers-Mil...1742.m153.l1262

100.jpg

That'd be good for an actual eastern bloc one; otherwise I reckon any hooded green/khaki parka/hooded jacket will do.

As for the helmet, I think mike west is spot on:

shlem_03.jpg

-matt

Coat looks spot on, more or less the same as the one I have. Can I suggest getting some trefoil (radiation warning sign) badges on it?

you could also go for

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OZK-Soviet-Russian-A...bayphotohosting

ozk4.jpg

if you're really hardcore.

Shame those helmets are going out of production, although to be honest the'yre the bit of the loadout I don't really like.

At the moment, i'm sticking with what i've got, as i'm doing a soviet vdv loadout as well and thats getting expensive. Also, having just left the RAF on medical grounds, i'm thinking of a career in nuclear engineering and it could get a bit ironic if I continue :P

Once i've sorted the vdv out though I will get back into it. Countdoom if you want to pm and trade ideas feel free,

-matt

Yes! That is it. Sfera, Sphera, they're all the same!

You can get that *rather* cheaply off eBay from a seller named Victorsbest (he also sells Russian kevlar 6b7).

Conveniently for STALKER fans, the Ukranian Sfera is cheaper!

I've had mates wear it during games and they say it's not all that bad.

militaryarmoredsuitcloseup.jpg

79f4a61494bc.jpg

you're blokes doing them for £160; still, cheap for an armoured helmet considering how much the maska is.

Do you know what the chest rig they wear is? Sorry to keep asking, but it's really bugging me.

-matt

Iirc in early screens they wore Splav M23s, but the release version it looks a lot more western, possibly fictional.

I'm thinking it's a sort of poor parody of an ANA load bearing vest, look at the shoulder straps.

I think a Grad-1 would work nicely, but I don't know if they're in stock:

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/lvb/vests/

EDIT:

Since the soldiers are *supposed* to be Ukrainian, I would say go with their rip off of ttsko.

I'll see about taking some more screen shots tonight as this is my favorite suit as well (short of the fact it gives you the shoddy Gen 1 NV).

Since the soldiers are *supposed* to be Ukrainian, I would say go with their rip off of ttsko.

I'm pretty sure they're wearing that in game. It's what i'm usinf already; got to skirmsih in my basic loadout 17th feb; quite warmly received:

hpim2569yd0.jpg

cheers for the chest rig info, I know where to start now. I think i'll go with the "grad 2" they have, as it's in tan, and I belive the ones in the game are as well.

-matt

Edit: I think this one fits as well

"tarzan" m22

tarzanm221.jpg

and the screenshots:

spetsnazdm0.png

You'll like the Grad-2, it's really good looking and comfortable to use.

Here's a pic of it in service with the Russian army:

army_45.jpg

EDIT:

If you wanted to do a Mercenary kit from the game, Splav gear would be ace. You just need a black M32 and Bekas in Shadow

I don't think the army's gear is Splav modeled though, look at the shoulders in particular.

Sfera is sort of a love it or hate it kind of thing I guess.

The regular soldiers could work with the ttsko, some sort of Ana LBV (Grad-1, Grad-2, Vityaz), and a bandanna.

You should try to get some sort of replica bulletproof vest to bulk up your torso, I think that would help with the look too.

Sounds good; I think i'll give it a try. What do you mean bulk out my torso? I'm quite muscular i'll have you know :P

The other thing i'm debating at the moment is which gun to get- my ak-105 has died so i need a new kalashnikov- i'm torn between an akms/aks47 or an aks74u. I need it for my vdv loadout as well, and I think the ak47s would look good with that, but i'm having trouble deciding otherwise- I like the ak47s a little better at the moment- but it's not availbale cheaply in steel like the kalash aksu is.

-matt

Edit - I think i'd better go a to bed as well. Goodnight all.

Archived