S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Impressions.

Samm

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inspired by you chaps (and the new game- although I've not gotten to play it yet) I've decided to put together my own S.T.A.L.K.E.R. impression from kit I already have. Not too hard to do when you already do soviet kit. So far my kit list consists of:

Czech M85 Parka (Looks the part and I don't use it much these days)

KZS-1 Trousers with M88s underneath (for nettle/rip protection)

2nd Pattern Lifchik

Splav 'officer belt' (ie the type used as trouser belts in the Russian military today)

SchM-41-M Gas mask and bag. (need to find some suitable material to replace the lenses with before I can play in it, everything tested so far has failed)

Vyeshch-myeshok backpack.

Soviet Era Canteen & cover

Soviet Para boots (once they arrive- using BCH until then)

Russian 3 finger winter mittens- may swap these for soviet anti-radiation gloves as they're bulky and too warm for much of the year.

AKS-74

What do you lot think? Its not aimed at any specific faction although probably fits in the Loners best? I'll get some pics once my AKS is back together and my boots arrive.

I can almost do Ukrainian Army too, just looking to find a Ukrainian vest. Used to be some on Ebay but can't find them anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

snc109202gj5.jpg

The beginnings of a stalker inspired loadout

Alice straps with soviet canteen, US canteen, molle double 9mm

flecktarn.co.uk Chicom that has been bleached and skirmished into looking decent

KZS-1 top

Cheapo respirator, painted to look less health and safety

mysterious looking bakelite pouch that actually contains radiation protection goggles but looks like it may contain a geiger/anomaly detector :geek:

Needs more russian pouches, holster and utility at least, maybe an rd-54 backpack or similar

And some trousers :P

Suggestions?

Anyone know of a backpack that looks like the ones generally used for stashes in the games? don't want it to be so bulky, like the RD 54.

Well i couldnt find a CIDG one that easily, but i liked the look of it and found something similar in its simplicity:

cidg_ruck9gem.jpg

CIDG

czech_ruckyhzi.jpg

Czech rucksack

I'm thinking that as it's canvas i can probably dye it black and then waterproof it and it'll sit comfortably on the back of the Alice suspenders and look the part.

Also thinking of getting some OD trousers and roughly dying them black as ive seen this done in some (vietnam, i think?) impressions and it looks good.

I've also bodged a holster for my glock onto the kit: I had been using an old soviet belt pouch for AK mags but as people who i skirmished with will attest, the retention wasn't that impressive and i nearly lost my sidearm a couple of times :(

So, I have cheekily bolted a serpa into the pouch, not the fastest draw but better than a lanyard and putting up with losing mags.

snc10921ghg5.jpg

You could also find some pants that match the KZS-1, I know they are out there on the surplus market. I think my local store has some, that I thought were ghillie pants or something at first. I guess I could understand if you didn't want the pants to match, but if you do, that's another option.

snc10922er28.jpg

My LBE so far, actually pretty pleased with the czech bag as it is.

I realise the tube on the respirator mask may not make much sense, might not be a feature in the final cut

to nodaisho, i do have kzs-1 trousers, and may end up using them, but i think any experienced stalker would probably dump them at the first opportunity - they catch on pretty much every kind of plant life apart from moss and are generally as useful as a chocolate teapot with regards to warmth and camouflage. for the same reasons I may swap out the kzs-1 top as well at some point, but at the same time i feel its pretty realistic to have in the zone: a cheap disposable sniper suit, loose enough to go over environmental protection suits. And it has the zone-fashionable hood. :geek:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need some advice. I need face protection that fits the stalker look and won't kill me in Colorado heat. To clarify, Colorado heat means temperatures up around 33C and sunny, but pretty much no humidity. If I can't wear it up at that high temperature, at least something close would be nice. I've seen neoprene half-face masks, are there any that breathe well enough I could wear them at higher temperatures? One of the Freedom skins and some loner and bandit skins look like they are wearing them, but I think it is a bit cooler in Ukraine than Colorado for the most part. I've also considered getting a dust mask, removing the filters, and putting little fans in their place to circulate the air. Any suggestions?

edit: maybe an oversized bandana with some chicken wire fastened to it to get it to keep its shape for the most part? Then in the cooler temperatures I could just go with a balaclava or a neoprene half-mask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So you guys know: old multimeters with needle gauges look a lot like geiger counters when you remove the cables.

I've almost got a good Freedom loadout. Need to set up a respirator mouthpiece facade for my camelbak and I want to get a wooden stock for my m14. Freedom does tend to have a lot of newer guns, but a polymer stocked m14 just doesn't seem right with a bunch of surplus gear.

Archived