Yeah, this is as emo as it gets for me.

sp00n

I hate u-joints, but I hate advanced auto parts even more. I would just like to thank the egghead at advanced autoparts for selling me the WRONG U-JOINT 3 TIMES, and the fine crew of mechanically incompetent hamsters at autozone for letting me look for the part I needed on the shelf myself. Because of Advanced *fruitcage*meintheassautoparts I have wasted my fine labor day under my truck cussing up a storm, and have 3 hours to finish installing the U-joint on the driveshaft tomorrow before I have to use it for work. In my closing statement, I leave you all with this image;

aap.jpg

Thank you, that is all, please move along. Also do not take my towels.

[/rant]

...I work at advance auto  <_<

I'm sorry.

To spoon: Sorry dude. Sucks when that stuff happen. I had to have a conversation with the guy for 15 minutes trying get the right freaking brake rotars for my Mom's SAAB 95.

Finally after 2 times, I found out, by calling the saab dealership about 4 hours away that they are propriatary still, thus can only get them from SAAB.

Could of used that information 6 hours before hand as well as changing the parts in and out 3 times. (Yeah. Rotars on that car are a complete *badgeress* to get on/off, the 2 advanced ones fit on, but when I tried to put the tire on and test the brakes, the brakes would just lock up... She needed the car, so had to put the old ones back on for the day.)

Is it me right, or do americans suck at owning cars? Over here you dont have to do anything like this to your car ever, you just put petrol and screen wash in the appropriate holes and it drives!

Do you all drive ###### cars? Or is it because youre forever tinkering with them they keep breaking down? Or is it their crappy uneconomical engines shaking themselves to peices? :P

Id say the third option...

One of my American friends showed me their work car, some bigass 4x4 with a house on the back type thing..

She works in the city ffs.

We havea few places like that around here, however, I live next to a garage, so when my car needed a new gearbox, we got it put in cheaper than usual.

One of my American friends showed me their work car, some bigass 4x4 with a house on the back type thing..

She works in the city ffs.

That annoys me. My student halls were right neat to this really posh school, and walking to Uni every morning you'd see the little posh kids getting dropped off by their parents. Typically, it'd be a mum driving a huge 4x4, and all that's in it is her and a baby seat in the back. She'd only be dropping off one or two kids as well. When did driving a huge pointless 4x4 become such a status symbol? :unsure:

Is it me right, or do americans suck at owning cars? Over here you dont have to do anything like this to your car ever, you just put petrol and screen wash in the appropriate holes and it drives!

Do you all drive ###### cars? Or is it because youre forever tinkering with them they keep breaking down? Or is it their crappy uneconomical engines shaking themselves to peices? :P

Its a combination, most of it is the fact that we have more than 15 horsepower. The U-joints wore out in my truck after 197 thousand miles, so its really not that big of a deal. Two 10 dollar parts later it works just like it was new. (just somewhat of a pain to change them out)

I havent seen a decent british car in, uh, well...ever. Jags arent even british anymore as they are owned by Ford :P

Archived