XM8 conversion kit for G36c on preorder

nikoneko

I kind of agree with Born2BeMild. I love the looks of the XM8, but being a kit really is disappointing. I doubt any aftermarket accessories will come out for these kits as they will be very rare. Plus, the optics are not useable which kills one of the main aspects of having an XM8.

• 1 month later...

according to a post in militaryphotos.net, there's a story going around that HK decided to drop the XM8 project and sold or are in process of selling the manufacturing rights to this gun to some other company...how true this is i'm not 100% sure...but if it is, then making this replica would be just a replica of a prototype of a real gun...(with an HK logo)...also on the same forum, field testing of this gun did not have too much of a favorable results....(just reporting what I read...) Also if this gun ever gets into the official military inventory, I would think that the external looks would be somewhat different than it is right now, for instance, the "XM" designation would change and therefore would not be on the final gun....?

nah, its allegedly: 

xm8 is for joe grunt 

fn scar is for special forces.. 

according to various articles. 

Thats what I heard, the XM-8 is almost definitely being adopted by the USARMY; not the AF, Marines, or Navy and the SCAR is being looked at by all branches as a weapon to add to their Special Force's Armouries.

Archived