ICS AK74

Hissing_Sid

DAM YOU ICS, i was just about to order a nice small aeg as a backup for my sniper loadout........now they tempt me with a nice sexy black ak (i really hate wood on guns). Damit, now ive got to figure out a way to carry a sniper rifle and a ak74 at the same time :P.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pah, weaklings! one time, i had my Spets, my SPAS 12 folder, my CZ 75 AND my SVD.

then i fell over, becuase i could not walk...

heh mate, ive done a g-spec and a m16 for a whole day of skirmishing, to say the least, it was bulky lol.

tbh i can see this ak being the best for skirmishing out of all the newer type aks just like the ics mp5's.

I manage a FAMAS and folding stocked SPAS 12 usually ;)

pah, weaklings! one time, i had my Spets, my SPAS 12 folder, my CZ 75 AND my SVD.

then i fell over, becuase i could not walk...

heh mate, ive done a g-spec and a m16 for a whole day of skirmishing, to say the least, it was bulky lol.

That's nothing, ladies. I usually skirmish with one AK47, on GBB, and a surplus T-72 Main Battle Tank attached to my back with MOLLE.

FOLLEDEROLLEMOLLEBOLLE?

You are no russian!

Take him to the cells comrades!

No, comrade, it was a war trophy. Besides, are those Levi's protruding from your locker?

Back on topic, I took one look at the CA and decided to wait for this ICS. I have to assume it will be out in a few months and I fully intend to buy one.

Despite the seeming glut of AK goodness lately (new cheap 47 metal and woodkits, SLR-105, 74, 104) I've not been too impressed. The SLR is still just an American version; the 104 is all wrong as well. A fixed side folding stock is terrible and the magazine has a deep curve that doesn't look remotely correct. Hopefully ICS will reverse this trend of mediocrity.

Back on topic, I took one look at the CA and decided to wait for this ICS.  I have to assume it will be out in a few months and I fully intend to buy one. 

Despite the seeming glut of AK goodness lately (new cheap 47 metal and woodkits, SLR-105, 74, 104) I've not been too impressed.  The SLR is still just an American version; the 104 is all wrong as well.  A fixed side folding stock is terrible and the magazine has a deep curve that doesn't look remotely correct.  Hopefully ICS will reverse this trend of mediocrity.

Fortunately for you you have the luxury of no time pressure <_<

Any word on a Price for the ICS AK? I am literally 2 days awya from ordering a CA SLR 105 which is going to be my first airsoft gun. They both looks very similar to me and im not uber worried about tiny unrealistic details, even as a total airsoft noob though I must admit the pistol grip on the ICS does look ugly.

Can anyone predict a fairly accurate price for the ICS?

Also, anyone know where I can get a CA SLR cheaper than £260 as i've only found it in one UK store at the moment (can't risk buying abroad the risk of paying tax is too high). I can't see why the SLR is £260 when its $320-330 in most US stores, other guns that price in the US seem to be cheaper than £260 over here.

Thanks, Mark

Eilte airsoft had it marked as £350 a while back.

IF you're getting it as a first gun, you'd proberly be better with the CA, as, the ics on is new, and there may be flaws with it. The ca has been out for a while, and the reviews are very positive.

Ahh, £350 out of my range by quite a long way unfortunately. The only thing im worried about with the SLR is the length, im only a wee fella, I used my mates M14 on sunday in a skirmish and found it a little unweildy by thats probably because of the weight. I think I should be ok with it though.

I'm gonna take the plunge anyway, armalites just don't tickle my special place like this AK does.

If anyone has any advice on what battery to get i'd be grateful. I was thinking of one of the Tornado 9.6v 3300mah ones on this page: http://www.airsoftwarehouse.co.uk/acatalog...f_Tactical.html

but if anyone knows a better / more suitable one for around the same price then i'd be happy to change my mind.

Thanks, Mark

Uh, the curve is correct. The 104 is 7.62x39mm, not the straighter magazined 5.45mm

Thanks for the reminder, Ubar. I always forget that the 104 was an uncharacteristic attempt by the Russians to make everyone happy.

Mark, the battery should be fine. You should only need one for a whole day's skirmishing.

Atleast it doesn't have the fubared receiver the CA one has... :unsure:

I guess for people who care that much about trademarks, as a lot of people do, that is an issue. They don't bother me that much. Besides, a little automotive putty and some "combat black" duracoat will fix that up...

Oh, and the reason why I say "crappy ICS internals" is that out of all the guns I have seen fail here in California, 70% of them are ICS. However, SRC is quickly overtaking ICS in that area ;)

Thanks for the reminder, Ubar.  I always forget that the 104 was an uncharacteristic attempt by the Russians to make everyone happy.

?

I guess for people who care that much about trademarks, as a lot of people do, that is an issue. They don't bother me that much. Besides, a little automotive putty and some "combat black" duracoat will fix that up...

as said before in this thread, the shape of the receiver is wrong, not the trades

No one else saw that ICS scrapped the version 3 split gearbox design? Odd, it makes me even more interested in this AK, knowing they did testing.

From http://www.icsbb.com

For everyone who loves ICS player and waiting for AK consumer,we apology to keep you wait so long!

We were announced AK gear box was designed in split disassemble.But after several serious test,finally we gave up this design.

Because of it will cause pl

BARsrule2, do you happen to work at an airsoft shop or field? I would be more inclined to regard your observations on ICS failure rates if you have the broad and in-depth experience that comes from seeing airsoft guns come in for repair (such as at a shop).

Oh, and the reason why I say "crappy ICS internals" is that out of all the guns I have seen fail here in California, 70% of them are ICS. However, SRC is quickly overtaking ICS in that area  ;)

Archived