G&P aegs?

shotagain1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be ordering my SPR/A Mark. 12 Mod 1 here shortly. Probably in a week or so, depending on if my MG36 sale falls through or not.

Only thing I'd be worried about is the G&P hop ups like the crack alot. I went through 2 on my XM before I switched to a Systema full metal one.

Only thing I'd be worried about is the G&P hop ups like the crack alot. I went through 2 on my XM before I switched to a Systema full metal one.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind should mine break. Unfortunately, I still haven't fired the damn thing yet because I haven't gotten any BBs or the right size battery yet.

If things start going to hell with my SRP's gearbox, I'll just drop a systema pre-built in it and use the G&P one as a parts box. One of my best friends down here in Columubs is Systema's north american distrubutor for parts :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case the flow of bullets to the barrel stops for some reason... check or have the tappet plate checked. If it's broken get a new one, and remove that useless ring or something that has been added to the G&P sector gear. This extra bit is there to make the tappet plate pull the longer SR25 nozzle (which for some unknown reason is now used in our shorter Ver.2 GRS mechboxes) and this puts enormous stress on the tappet plate thus braking it. So either change that nozzle for a compatible one or cut it shorter (which I do not recommend u to do).

I do hope that you don't have to go trough all of that, so good luck!

About the SR25... I suggest u do some review Googling on it.

It's not a common topic here due to the restrictions regarding FPS in the UK.

It uses the same interior parts as the WGC customs but in a different and more compatible mechbox... which the parts were originally intended for.

All the WGC M16 however use the SR25 interiors in a much different Ver. 2 mechbox and that causes incompatibility problems.

I wrote this and took some pictures:

http://ffw.pgup.dk/anmeldelser/WGC-Costum-...ando-FlipUp.htm

I'm sorry it's in danish, but at least the pictures could be for some help.

The telestock is ugly, but I replaced with a nice TM one (the one thing that TM does good is telestocks). I like that the circuit cuts out the selector plate and that the piston has 3 metal teeth. Altso there is a metal nozzle and cylinder head + spring guide with bearing and steel gears.

The external is super quality. I have some weird problems with BB's cracking, but I installed a Prometheus 6.03mm barrel, so I think that something went wrong. I will try some new hopup rubber...

Great gun - I would buy one again. All internals are upgraded (G&P parts), so high FPS is possible (no limits in DK) or even just high ROF (12V would be fine at around 1J). Mine shot M115-M120 out of the box though.

My WGC M16A3 works positively excellent, especially with a CA M5 RAS on it.

I won't comment on the power, because I don't know how hard it shoots, but the ROF is excellent, and the only problems I've had so far is with mine jamming when a dopey friend was using crappy BBs in it. A new hopup rubber is on the way, as well as a nice happy tightbore!

G&P is a great company, and I beleive also makes the higher end TGS parts (they share models in common -- duh). Every part is made very accurately, and higher quality than most anything out there.

G&P's are what the CA AEGs were supposed to be -- full metal, higher quality clones for the appropriate amount more.

As for putting in an M100 spring, the ROF should be splendid with them, and I would highly reccoment getting one for UK use -- heck if I get a G&P M733 I'm going to put an M90 in it so I can use a 9.6v battery and make it projectile vomit! (Reference, my G&P based SAM-R is over twice limits in UK, since I live in the US)

Edit:

I beleive the SR-25 gearbox is somewhat different, at least the one for the G&P SR-25. I know it requires a few different parts (tappet plate, etc.), but I have also heard some reports that any V2 will fit in the SR-25 receiver as well. I'll get back to ya'll on that.

Ive just got my wgc custom m16vn and it is excellent, it does indeed have a proper g&p gearbox (very very good gearbox var 2 things - tappet/selector plates are very weak) all in all an excellent gun as are all g&p's as far as I can tell :D

piccys:

http://www.mjleonard.me.uk/pictures/airsoft/m16-1.jpg

http://www.mjleonard.me.uk/pictures/airsoft/m16-2.jpg

http://www.mjleonard.me.uk/pictures/airsoft/m16-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bring up a old thread but this is one of the few threads I found about G&P. I'm considering their M4's with marine env body. It says stock 275 fps on redwolf, why are you guys saying it's 400?

Because it is. Redwolf lies. When I took my gun apart (tappet broke) the spring is only about 2 coils shorter then an SP120. And isn't tempered or anything so it is basicaly the same. Not to mention the tightbore already installed and other upgraded internal parts.

Archived