G&P aegs?

shotagain1

just about to purchase a new AEG and have seen a wgc custom G&P xm117 for $305!!

it's just I have read a couple of reviews of the G&P aeg's and they have been slated a bit for hop etc?

anyone got any experience of them recently? or has anyone bought a wgc custom gun?

any help appreciated,

Justin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello!

I have a gp m16vn and I can assure you it is of a very high quality. The gear box is specially shaped for the gears and the hop is metal constructed. The exterior build of the gun is superior to others that I have seen and I have yet to detect anything that I am unhappy about! I also use gp 110 mid caps. thumbs up for g&p all around, including the packaging

I bought a second hand G&P M4 CQB, and so far not any major problems with it.

I'm not entirely sure how much was done internally by the previous owner. The only prolbem I've heard with G&P's is a weak hop rubber, but that's a cheap fix (so I'm told)

Very sturdy construction, I'm a little fussy with that kind of thing (Engineering background), most of the TM's feel like I'd break them and creak etc...

I bought a G&P m4a1

Comes at 400fps

Has steel bushings

Reinforced piston

EG700 motor

G&P gears

mine had a good tappet plate..but some report of bad ones

Good hop up

6.03 barrel

Only problem I had was the high fps.. way to high for UK. So i had the spring changed and all is well :D

it can run on 9.6v batts with no problems :D

EDIT:

Forgot to metion that the exterior detail is much better than anything offered by TM, ICS, G&G and CA.

G&P m4 is one the nicest one out there, however not alot of us talk about it because as standard they are 1.2J powered, i.e. over forum rules limit. so we dont usually talk about it. plsu being 1.2J 90% of the UK skirmish sites arent allowing them to be used

I believe that there are existing issues with them, but with the lack of information, I never understood what. A few times, I heard about tappet plates being the wrong length, but I wasn't too sure. There's supposed to be a very big thread down at Airsoft Players that discusses all the problems with the G&P M4s, but perhaps they have improved upon their AEGs.

I have a WGC custom M653 on the way. I emailed WGC to ask what internals come with the gun. because the description on the site only talks about the body of the gun not the internals.

This was their reply:

"Hello, WGC M653 is using GRS full gearbox set'GRS-GBS-330XM', original

power is around 350fps, includes reniforced gear set, piston, metal

spring guide, and hard gearbox, can handle 400fps without other

reinforced parts:-)"

So the internals arent G&P.

not gonna be able to order mine till end of next week :(

let us know what it's like when it arrives!!!! ;)

justin

Well it arrived today, less than a week after I placed the order. When I opened the box, my first impressions weren't good - I thought they had sent me a damn M733 because the XM flash supressor wasn't attached, but a plastic, orange barrel plug instead. I picked the little bugger up and was shocked how much more compact it felt than my ICS M4. First thing I inspected were the Colt trademarks; they have to be removed or masked before the gun can come into the States, but to my delight, all they did was take a few pieces of black grip-tape (as in skateboard grip-tape) and covered them up, so naturally, I peeled that junk off.

The forward assist and charging handle serve no purpose and are purely cosmetic, but the G&P receiver is nothing short of nice. Next, I played with the delta ring, which is a *badgeress* I must admit (nothing like the ease of the ICS ring). It's just like an M733 basically, with the simulated gas-tube that adds such backbone to the gun, it's down-right impressive. There is ZERO barrel wobble and the damn foregrips are somewhat hard to get off. Afterwhich, I replaced the cheap-o plastic foregrips with real CAR-15 foregrips. I bought them from GunBroker.com for about $12 and removed the heat-sheilds - they fit like a glove. The only thing I'm not really impressed with is the plastic stock (the tube is fine), but it's not that bad at all. I'm gonna see if I can fit a real CAR-15 stock to the tube. Only thing left to do is fire it, which I would have done, but my battery is too big to fit inside the foregrips.

As of right now, one word discribes this gun: SOLID. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow.

I got my G&P M4A1 a while back, great gun :)

mine shot about 340 FPS with .2 when it settled a bit.

It worked great stock, but problems arose when it got opened. Apparently the tappet plate is having problems now that we opened it, and we are trying a few things to try and fix it.

Other than that, I am very happy with my investment :)

Archived