Madbull AGX Grenade Launcher

Here are some photos of the new Madbull AGX grenade launcher mounted on my real steel HK, airsoft G36C and as a stand alone pistol. I included photos of my Star AG36 for comparison.

This launcher is outstanding, lots of metal and machining went into it. It feels solid, operates smoothly and looks great. It is heavy and has that hard, cold feel that only metal can provide. The trigger pull is nice and the pin looks solidly mounted and the action is smooth.

Mine has the rifled, short barrel. Once I get the longer barrel I'll take some more photos.

When these units go into production, IMHO, you should GET ONE!

AGXunmountedLR.jpg

AGXAG36.jpg

RealAirsoft.jpg

BlooperBaby.jpg

HeadOnLR.jpg

Edited by eltee
Looks excellent, I wish it were a bit longer though.

I'd definitly buy it, except I'm lacking in the G36 department  :P  <_<

Well, the beauty of the AGX is that since it is rail mounted, you can park that bad boy under anything with a rail including a pistol with a long enough rail. If I can find a pistol with a suitable rail I'll but them together for a photo.

Looks excellent, I wish it were a bit longer though.

I'd definitly buy it, except I'm lacking in the G36 department  :P  <_<

I will be getting a longer barrel, but it looks pretty good with a short barreled gun :D

AGXloadout.jpg

Now this would make a duty weapon that would raise eyebrows

PistolLauncher.jpg

Edited by eltee
That M79 stock looks a bit strange. Where's it from? I know you have a lot to do with movie props.

Some studio prop weapons guy hand made that whole unit decades ago for, I think, one of the 80's Vietnam movies. Everything works, but except for the front sight it was all made in a machine shop. Most of the handmade ones use off the shelf, easily obtained real M79 furniture (wood or synthetic) but on this one he may have been going for an "in-country, field expediant, improvised" look OR he was trying to duplicate a home-made M79 that was a common item back in the day. I like it better than the clean, perfect, armory pristine ones. I display it with a Terminator 2 Arnie bandoleer of blooper HE rounds.

Can you compare the quality to the XM203s at all? This would be, I'm assuming, higher quality of course, but I literally just ordererd a short XM203 for pistols and would be interested to know!

Cheers fella. Must be a pretty nice display with a whole belt of HE rounds, I'll be redundant in a year - giz job mate! ;) j/k

Where are you getting the long barrel from?

There is no Madbull made long barrel available to me yet, so in the short term I may use a real steel 40mm barrel (available used or new) or even an airsoft metal barrel upgrade for one of the M203 units. I can machine it down and cut it to length. In fact, any of you out there know which airsoft barrel (metal) has rifling?? If no airsoft is available in metal with rifling, I'll probably stick to a real steel barrel.

man im dissapointed

it hangs too low

the handle is too small

bleh

I agree with him...I was really looking forward to having an AG that looks right with the G36C and thought this would be it from the earlier thread on this. I really think they should've replicated the size and look of the real launcher for the HK416. No sale unless you come out with another one that's a little longer and sits up higher...and also how about some cool trademarks or serial numbers and things too...

I agree with him...I was really looking forward to having an AG that looks right with the G36C and thought this would be it from the earlier thread on this. I really think they should've replicated the size and look of the real launcher for the HK416. No sale unless you come out with another one that's a little longer and sits up higher...and also how about some cool trademarks or serial numbers and things too...

You should probably forward these comments to the Madbull forum. I'm just an end user, I'm not affiliated with the company. My thought is, although it is only a guess and an opinion, that they didn't set out to make a duplicate of something already available that has a limited market to begin with. If you want a fairly realistic looking AG36 buy the Star, I think mine looks great on my TM G36. I think that there are only a limited number of customers who would want another company's identical version of the same thing. Remember, this is a prototype, not a production model so the ones for sale may be different.

In that regard, I do like that I can hang the AGX from anything with a rail, and can remove the rail mount from the top of the AGX and use it as a pistol. Clearly they took some elements of the AG36 and developed kind of a "universal" launcher that I hear will cost less than the Star AG36 (which is pretty limited to mounting on a G36 unless you modify it). FYI, I know of a guy who modified one (Star AG36) to fit his real steel G36. If I can find my photos of it I'll post.

Anyway, my two cents worth and, again, I am only a user and not affiliated with Madbull. I own the Star and the Madbull and they both serve separate, but equal, roles in my collection. I was merely sharing some photos with you folks.

Edited by eltee
Thing I want madbull to copy it or make it more similar due to the star ag36 is 400 dollars.....

why the hell would you mount an airsoft m203 to a real steel gun????

Think he went to one of those shoots where in between live fire guys fool around with Tannerite, marking rounds, practice 40mm grenades, etc. and he could launch Nerf rockets and/or footballs. Genuine M203, 37mm flare launchers that look like M203's and M79 real steels abound whereas the AG36 and the AG416 are difficult, if not impossible, at this time for civilians to acquire.

Also, some people have more money and time than the rest of us. :P

Edited by eltee