UMP/UMG Loadout

Trigger Happy10

Alright, I am possibly getting a ump and need help with some of the pouches. I cant seem to find any pouches for the umg (no suprise) so I need some help. I already have my base rig worked out and just need the pouches. The base will either be a TT MAV or a TT plate carrier. Any help is appreicated. :)

:Dr_Evil:

Over on Optactical they have a pouch that's labeled "Specter Gear Rifle/ Carbine/ SMG Modular Single UMP"... Hopefully it can actually hold a UMP magazine. Anywho, here's the link:

Specter Gear Rifle/ Carbine/ SMG Modular Single UMP

Specter Gear Rifle/ Carbine/ SMG Modular Double UMP

Specter Gear Rifle/ Carbine/ SMG Modular Triple UMP

I think they're expensive... And your Dr. Evil didn't come out right 0.0

EDIT - IMO it doesn't look wide enough.

Well, anything that can take AK mags *should* work. FWIW, my Guarder Double P90/AK drop leg can fit two UMG mags per pouch. Also, two UMG mags fit per pouch in my Tac Force vest. Based on this, I'd try anything that says it can take two AR mags or one AK mag. If it can take two AR mags, you know it's wide enough. If it can also take one AK mag, it should be tall enough too.

Painful as it is to say (since their stuff is awesome), the specter gear pouches probably won't work.

BlackHawk STRIKE pouches probably will.

HSGI Universal pouches probably would work, but they may be TOO big (They can fit 2xAK mags).

No, I said anything that can hold two AR mags or one AK mag would work. The pouch needs to be adjustable in height or otherwise about AK mag tall to fit the UMG mags.

Now the Wee/Wasatch supports this, but (without trying it) I personally wouldn't trust it's retention system to hold two UMG mags side by side, due to how open it is on the sides. It may work fine, I can't say for sure. But I wouldn't bank on it. I think individual pouches are a better investment anyway.

• 1 month later...

Anything that fits an AK mag, static? I can fit those in my Tac Force, but I don't think the UMP ones will. What about the bag for a Harris Bipod? It is certainly big enough to fit more than one, and they are pretty cheap from the US surplus stores.

They apparantly fit perfectly in the P90 pouches on Flecktarn, and I can say that they are pretty decent quality too.

I'm soon to switch to the Blackhawk made pouches though, which are advertised as able to hold both P90 and UMP mags.

Problem is I'd pay a small fortune for the Flectarn.co.uk stuff. I'm in the USA. The BHI stuff I've seen has all been back drop leg pouches that only hold 2 mags and 2 flashbangs. Have you seen others? I'm particularly looking for OD

Will last forever though. And theirs the insurance type thing (English escapes me) where you can exchange anything worn through wear and tear.

I'm a fan of their stuff though.

Its called a warranty. :P

Also I am not saying that BHI stuff is bad, on the contary I have a BHI CRCH and love it. They just tend to jack up thier prices a tad bit ;)

Thanks for the links, but those are both black and I'm realy looking for OD, and Molle if possible. I can't stand having anything on my legs.

Heres the critera that staic said for having pouches:

Fits a armalite mag

can adjust to hold an AK mag

If you have both of thoes you are good to go. So may I suggest the BHI STRIKE Single M-4 mag pouch? I have it and reviewed it here:

http://kitsluts.com/?page_id=14

Or just get the Bulle pouches ;)

Archived