Did you finish Halo 2 already?

Phoenix

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually... after playing it a bit more, legendary isn't much harder at all. I use the same exact tactics modified for some new enemies but the gyst is the same. Unfortunately, they ruined co-op since you cannot respawn. Co-op for me was not about beating legendary, but fooling around on a harder difficulty level. It's actually easier by myself because my team mate doesn't die, but it's fun with a friend none the less. I need to get a copy of this ASAP as soon as I find the time as I actually don't own it yet. :lol:

Edit: Is it like Halo 1 where you only have to beat the last level in Legendary or do you have to progress through the entire campaign?

^ I was wondering that too....Probably the same i would think, making it really quite easy and save u loads of time :P

Assault on the control room is very groovy and all. I liked it. But Two Betrayls "officially" introduses Banshee combat, Massive Flood vs covenant level, and IT IS ASSAULT ON THE CONTROL ROOM! just backwards mostly :P ANd you talk about all the bug endings? in two betrayls, co-op especially, when u beat it, u can rig a nade to go off during the movie to kill the chief and the cutscene still goes on :P its pretty funny. But out of all the glitch things, actualy pushing yourself through the dorr is the best. ESPECIALLY in co- op. I kept a stockpile of nades near the door. Kept launching my body through it with the querr halo physics, and had about 9 or so corpses in teh cutscene. I used to have a pic of it, bloody great

^ I was wondering that too....Probably the same i would think, making it really quite easy and save u loads of time :P

Legendary is extremely difficult in the second game. I'll admit it does get easier towards the end of the game since you get your mits on some better weapons but its still really difficult. I'm not sure if you can just do the last level on legendary, I just did the whole game.

I'm sure the heretic leader would be an absolute pain on Legendary. His holographic chronies were horrible to fight in Heroic unless you go into the room with full grenades and dual plasma rifles. This is coming from someone who plays the first halo on Legendary for fun.

"Foundation" is a redo of a Marathon multi map. Bungie recently released an autoupdate which fixes the xbox live niggles, adds in the foundation map to all and such. I hope they add some more multi maps in the meantime. I'd simply love to get my hands on a new Hang 'em High.

If you hold down the grenade button when you have no grenades, or press the down button on the D-pad, your MC lowers his gun. This was added purely for people like RvB because they removed the 'gun points down, head points forwards' bug from the first game.

For the sake of hilarity, try driving any vehicle into the turbine thingy which is the centrepiece of Zanzibar.

And, for the record... The reason the game differs from the E3 demos is, because... they were merely tech demos. Whilst most game companies will give a rolling demo, Bungie decided to make the 2nd 'video' playable. You could tell it was rushed though. What with all the scripted events, easy to kill Brutes and such. Imagine if you blew up the ghosts at the end? What're you going to do, jump in a scorpion? I can just see it now...:

Brute: Target is escaping slowly. Suggest we get out and walk.

And do you really think that Phantom pilot would be stupid enough to shoot that New Mombosa sign so he would crash into it? And how do you expect to win a fight with 6 to 8 black elites with plasma swords on Legendary?

Long story short... the E3 playable demo was way too short and too scripted to enjoy. They basically took that and made it nice and long with the two earth missions. Hell, you even get a nice portion where you're sitting in the gunner seat of a Gauss Warthog, blowing up ghosts.

Ending rant.

Heretic Leader's drones weren't all that hard on Legendary. We died a few times, but nothing frustrating. The game isn't all that much harder than I first thought. The first level is actually the hardest I've played so far, probably because I wasn't used to the 'new' plasma pistol and nade trajectories.

Assault on the Control Rooms bug endings are funnier. Ever lure Hunters into the control room with you? Or Banshees? The trigger only kills stuff that spawns inside the hallway so the Hunters don't die. There's also more time to set up tricks in Assault in the Control Room, like Banshees falling on the MC when he walks in or a rocket flying into him. And Banshees are easy to get in Assault in the Control Room.

I played Halo 2 most of the weekend at home... :D

I did beat it, and all I can say is WOW (except for the ending where I was all gung-ho to get into a firefight on the forerunner's ship... and then credits :( )

Cool and interesting things I've noticed

The flood... learned how to drive... :huh:

Covenant missions - The Arbiter :D

Physics, nothing like bodies rolling down stairs... :D

The flood look so much cooler this time around... :)

energy sword/shotgun combo :D

A lot less ammo laying around :unsure:

2 different variations on the plasma rifle... :huh:

There's a lot of things I've neglected to mention, these are just the ones that stuck out the most from my Halo 2 experience so far.. In time my list will expand to include that which I missed ;)

I did beat it, and all I can say is WOW (except for the ending where I was all gung-ho to get into a firefight on the forerunner's ship... and then credits  :( )

Cool and interesting things I've noticed

The flood... learned how to drive...  :huh:

A lot less ammo laying around  :unsure:

2 different variations on the plasma rifle...  :huh:

ya, i was expecting to fight back on earth then the friggin credits came up and needless to say, i said a very bad word lol

the first time i saw the flood driving, i didnt realize it was actually the flood, they were in a regular warthog and im like "hey look, reinforcements!!" so im shooting everything else then i realize the friggin hog is shooting at me and i get closer and see flood driving :o

less ammo laying around AND very low ammo capacities really suck :angry:

i think the brute plasma rifle is a little stronger, not 100% sure tho. the red shots ARE cooler than the light blue ones tho :lol:

i have to say tho, i think my single most favorite thing is hijacking the vehicles. i cant stand when people say its trying to copy GTA when its not at all! in GTA, do you hop on the side of a tankand bash the driver a few times to get him out? or place a grenade in his lap to BLOW him out? i think not, case closed :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

i disagree with what ppl hav been saying, i think the new level legendary on halo 2 is GREAT it actually provides a few challenges..i still found all the levels relatively easy aside from the jackal snipers...ur a one hit K.O!...and tartarus!!...i thought tartarus was ridiculosly hard!...oh and yeh i agree with gamefreak...hijacking vehicles is awesome!!!...

I finished Halo 2, and I thought it kind of sucked. The ending sucked, and only a few of the levels were good. Most of it seemed very repetitive, and much seemed the same as even the first one.

The online mode is pretty good though, I had some great game yesterday. But searching for games can be a pain, and sometimes it is just really annoying. I wouldn't say it was the 10/10 best game of the year though.

halo 2 SUKED?? i rekon its the greatest game eva!!...i thought the ending was good...and i thought it varied alot from the first one apart from the fact that u end up bak on another halo.....

by the way on the final level facing tartarus... i was bored so i attempted for a good while to fly my banshee into the control room in the end with alot of wriggling and both wings snapped off u can get threw!!..i thought it was pretty cool...u take out all the brutes like their nuffink :D

Archived