a soldier leaves loaded gun in supermarket

ED-SKaR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is good on here for figuring out to go to the disabled loo when packing heat and needing the toilet because if you drop trousers in a normal toilet it leaves your sidearm within easy grab range of the person next door...

Ah, so nice to see we've got reliable armed professionals around ;)

In an ideal world, stuff like this shouldn't happen but due to human nature it does and, as Sledge mentioned earlier, you do hear of other 'horror' stories which are actually far worse but (fortunately) don't make the national press...

I'll bet she doesn't do it again though :D (assuming she'll ever be given the chance!)

Cheers

F

Apart from the small fact that she left t in there! Hardly the time for praising her brains is it?

Happens all the time, I often leave bits of my kit laying about.

I will say this and this alone.

You have no idea what the circumstances of her mission, why she was there, what she was doing were so why do you find it so easy to judge her?

Say she was in there taking a leek when she heard over her comms that Osama Bin laden was outside, she pulled up her trousers and ran out and caught him, she left her 226 behind..... Nevermind she caught OBL...

Happens all the time, I often leave bits of my kit laying about.

I will say this and this alone.

You have no idea what the circumstances of her mission, why she was there, what she was doing were so why do you find it so easy to judge her?

Say she was in there taking a leek when she heard over her comms that Osama Bin laden was outside, she pulled up her trousers and ran out and caught him, she left her 226 behind..... Nevermind she caught OBL...

I understand that, but it is hardly like leaving your keys or phone is it? Its a bloody loaded gun. ;)

Blah Blah "Friendly Fire" etc.

Burrrrrn!

Perhaps she's been running around Supermarkets all day and night looking for a Friends DVD Box set as some sort of horrible military punishment, and when you're that tired you get a bit dopey.. you know how it is.

Like when you carry a bag all day, then give to to somone else to hold and you leave a shop and you go "ARGH! Where'd I leave the bag!" and run back into the shop and look for it, your friend follows thinking something important is going on, watching you, they don't realise what's going on. Then you notice them holding the bag and their gormless look so you just make a swift exit from said shop.

But the opposite of that.

Perhaps you don't get dragged around shops by girls as much as I used to, then, being a gentleman, offering to hold bags etc.

At some point they take them back (to be polite, like carrying a few cardies or whatever will kill me), then you think you left someones shopping in a shop.

Archived