tattoos

wasnotgod

Only murderers and the unemployed have tattoos. Just say no, kids.

So either

A ) You're a murderer and have killed some one cold blooded

B ) You're unemployed?

Whish is it doc? (Oh and am geussing evil hippy isn't going to be too imprssed by thse statements of yours lol : P )

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't murdered anyone that i know of, but i am unemployed. I'm a student though, which means i hopefully won't be unemployed for long, else i'll starve... Perhaps i shouldn't have just bought that M93R from zeroone....

Plus, i've asked a friend to come up with a few designs, incorporating tribal designs, guns and black, red and purple, my favourite colours. I asked her to design me something and she's dead chuffed that if i like what she comes up with i'll get it inked on me.

And here's a tip; don't go out to a club whilst it's still healing. I swear every bugger in both clubs bumped into my right arm or in some way made it burn. Grrr. And my friend wanting to pick the scab when we went back to hers didn't help...

I killed a bunch of poeple once .....

[/beavis]

No Doc is right, I have been unemployed in my lifetime and, yes, I have killed a bunch of people once -

Only kidding . They were just homeless, homeless aren't people.

Seriously though most people do get tattoos for the wrong reasons, because they think they are cool at the time or something and want to impress people.

As a rule, pictures and writing are not a good idea. If you can stick with it, like Doc has with the Bulldogs (that is you, isn't it Doc?) then you obviously have genuine dedication and thats great, but most writing and imagery gives a tattoo what we used to call in the media `anchorage` and that anchored meaning can often become less appealing over time.

Tribal is great because its simple aesthetics, you're not going to change your mind about what you like aesthetically - especially when tribal designs are largely based on or at least reminiscient of the curves and voluptations of the gender you find sexually attractive.

[/Freud]

Like Ghost said in this or the other thread, tats are best done to mark a stepping stone or change of phase in your life. Broadly or specifically, they are best embarked upon when you want to have a clear-cut reminder of what you have become and how well you did to get there.

[/evilhippy]

Ok, after some difficult camera work (how difficult is it to photograph your own back!), here's mine.

First 2 from my trip to NZ years ago, I'd wanted tats for years but wanted something that meant something to me, so whilst out there (best holiday I've ever had) I got a few momentos from John "Digs" Diggle at Dig-A-Tattoo, first a Mauri Tiki on my shoulder:

Tiki.jpg

and an Mauri armband:

arm_band.jpg

edit: it's there in preview, try: http://www.aunl97.dsl.pipex.com/arm_band.jpg

managed to find a ring matching the design too!

ring.jpg

Years later got another one over here, on my right arm - supposed to be a gothic design:

right_arm.jpg

The guy didn't do a very good job as it's supposed to fade out in areas, instead of switching from black to grey, plus it has a bit of pickage damage (oops). I want to find a good artist who can repair it and extend the design both up and down my arm so it will peek out from a T-shirt sleeve and neck, but be hidden when dressed in a shirt for work.

I love it when people see the armband and go "ooo, nice celtic design", and I can reply that No, it's Mauri actually!

Smeg.

edit: arm band not coming out!

• 2 months later...
Only kidding . They were just homeless, homeless aren't people.

Seriously though most people do get tattoos for the wrong reasons, because they think they are cool at the time or something and want to impress people.

As a rule, pictures and writing are not a good idea. If you can stick with it, like Doc has with the Bulldogs (that is you, isn't it Doc?) then you obviously have genuine dedication and thats great, but most writing and imagery gives a tattoo what we used to call in the media `anchorage` and that anchored meaning can often become less appealing over time.

Like Ghost said in this or the other thread, tats are best done to mark a stepping stone or change of phase in your life. Broadly or specifically, they are best embarked upon when you want to have a clear-cut reminder of what you have become and how well you did to get there.

[/evilhippy]

first one is qtf

and second, well said !

i'm gonna see if i can fin,d some pics of mine

edit:

Rhino, love your wolf on page !

Looks very much like the one i wanted to have done when i had my first one at 18.

But ultimatly went with the tribal, because therewas a smidgen of doubt i would like it as much as i got older.

ive got to japanese letters on my right bicep meaning protect friends

got them done at ruby arts in york, england by mick tomo hes an awesome tattoist

currently designing my own tattoo at the moment to go down my spine which consists of my Girlfriends name in japanese with really feint angel wings coming out of each side, then getting a dragon done up either side of my back then calling it quits gonna get all that done in indianapolis, usa

post-8116-1147362206_thumb.jpg

You know, you're only the 2nd person to identify it.

Everyone else thinks its the Thundercats logo ¬_¬

just trying to work out which chapter it is

a friend collected the blood angels

i used to collect Imperial Gaurd had tonnes of mordian iron gaurd and catchan Jungle fighters

post-8116-1147362230_thumb.jpg

well, it took a while for me to find some pics, but i found some from a few years back while on holiday

first i had done at 18 - lower back

tatclose2sm.jpg

second one i had done, only few months after the first one :blush: i admit it, i had needle fever ...

IM008199sm.JPG

and this one, (sorry dont have any better pics) i had done in 2001 togheter with my bro in Gainesville, Georgia (Magick dragon shop for thos americans here who might hail from those parts) as a souvenir of me visiting.

talking%20to%20me.JPG

have lost the long hair since then though :D

edit: my spelling sucks today :rolleyes:

Archived