A completely soundless airsoft weapon

Mica_89

Well this is the name of the project. How to make a completely soundless airsoft weapon at any means nescessary? The gun can be a pistol, smg, rifle... what ever but I prefer gas because it is the easiest to silence.

If you have any ideas, tell them

(I know there are discussions about silencing your gun but none about a fully silent gun)

One idea I had is to buy a Tanaka M700 light tactical rifle (with the power control system), tune the power to minimum and use this silencer: http://www.airsoftdynamics.com/cgi-bin/ADS...ogno=KMSUPSLONG

How do you think this combination would work?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a MK23 with modified silencer .. .that was pretty noiseless ...

Any means? send it to the moon! :-P

That setup would be a real silent weapon ...

Remeber though .. .that silencing a RS and a airsoft s two different things...

you want a insert in the silencer stats really soft...

same shape as a real though:

|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|

|_|_|_|_|_|_|

I had a MK23 with modified silencer .. .that was pretty noiseless ...

Any means? send it to the moon! :-P

That setup would be a real silent weapon ...

Remeber though .. .that silencing a RS and a airsoft s two different things...

you want a insert in the silencer stats really soft...

same shape as a real though:

|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|

|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Yes, silencing a real steel and an airsoft gun are two different things but how do you think a real steel silencer would work on an airsoft gun?

The problem with Mk23, though, is that it has 16mm threads, and most airsoft guns have 14mm threads

Evidently you're not the most obvious candidate to lead the Physics department here so let me try and help..

The forces used in firing a real gun are a lot bigger (I'm sure you understand that though, right?) so I think that real suppressors actually need to deal with a large amount of heat and pressurisation/expansion of air.

Now seen as airsoft has a lot less energy behind it, you aren't going to notice much. It might sound slightly different, but...

Airsoft suppressors have foam lining and foam baffles in them, more equipped for the task at hand.

You're never going to get a completely soundless weapon, how quiet do you need it to be?

If you have any questions about Airsoft Dynamics' products I'd suggest emailing them about it or asking in their forum.

Evidently you're not the most obvious candidate to lead the Physics department here so let me try and help..

The forces used in firing a real gun are a lot bigger (I'm sure you understand that though, right?) so I think that real suppressors actually need to deal with a large amount of heat and pressurisation/expansion of air.

Now seen as airsoft has a lot less energy behind it, you aren't going to notice much. It might sound slightly different, but...

Airsoft suppressors have foam lining and foam baffles in them, more equipped for the task at hand.

You're never going to get a completely soundless weapon, how quiet do you need it to be?

If you have any questions about Airsoft Dynamics' products I'd suggest emailing them about it or asking in their forum.

Yes I know real steel have a lot more energy behind them and they are used to silence much louder noises? So, if a real steel silencer is attached to an airsoft, wouldn't it work better? Airsoft gas-guns release much less heat, pressuriation etc., so wouldn't it be easier for the real steel silencer to silence an airsoft gun?

Do you get my point? I just asked about this subject, I don't know. And you too don't seem to have knowledge about this subject.

Please someone who has actual knowledge about this subject answer.

No, but common sense is all you need. IT'S NOT DESIGNED FOR IT AND IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Thank you for saying I don't know anything about the subject, but (I hope) my physics is in perfect working order.

The baffles in real suppressors are what, ceramic?

There isn't anything for the real one to suppress in an airsoft gun. Full stop. The amount of SPACE in there (note the space, not that imperative to it being real steel) might produce the same deadening affect of a foam suppressor, or it might louden the noise like an empty shell one would do as there isn't anything 'soft' in it to absorb the sound.

Real steel lowers the pressure of the exhaust gas and speed of the bullet, it's a completely different technology.

You only need to reduce the sound in airsoft. Something which real steel supressors are ill-equipped for.

I think a pertinent point here would be the fact that if you actually did get your hands on a (presumably legal) real steel silencer and jumped through all the hoops to get it there' about 492 better things I can think of to do with it than stick it on an airsoft gun.

The muzzle 'blast' of an airsoft gun should be a fair sight slower than subsonic, I think, so lining a tin can with foam (or foam baffles) should be about as effective as you could expect. Now, there are a lot of things on an airsoft gun other than the muzzle blast that will make sound - The hammer falling, rounds chambering, and in the case of a GBB your slide moving.

My vote for a silent airsoft weapon goes for a slingshot. Or a blowgun, maybe...

onyll ast week i read a spot somewhere where somebody said he had a silent tune up kit, and it wasn't much different to the standard gearbox.

face it - you will never have a quiet AEG, and never have a completely silent gun.

GSPEC is the closest you will get.

A totally noiseless gun is is impossible to build, just like perpetuum mobile.

The closest you get with airsoft guns is a springer (with air brake piston head) or NBB. Obviously you also need a suppressor on either one.

Real steel suppressors do work on airsofts to some extent, but because airsofts put less stress on the internals of the can, it's possible to build a much more effective sound deadner for an airsoft. Real steel suppressors face high speed and high temperature gases, and the erosion from unburnt powder remains. Airsofts generate a different kind of sound so most of the good effects of a real suppressor just aren't needed in an airsoft suppressor, because they would do nothing.

OTOH real steels don't offer the reduction of resonance, as there are no soft internals (such as foam). I sometimes put a generous amount gun oil in the suppressor of my .22 pistol to further decrease sound, but doing that with an airsoft gun (using silicone oil of course) isn't exactly a good idea. In skirmishes the gun is in different positions such as pointing up or down so any liquid would just drain out - or worse, into the gun.

Samm: While a real suppressor might marginally increase or decrease muzzle velocity, they aren't built to do that. A few m/s more or less velocity isn't going to change the flight noise of a bullet. Guns with integrated suppressors (MP5SD, De Lisle carbine etc.) have bleed holes in the barrel as to not let the bullet accelerate over ~300m/s in the first place. Even on those guns the suppressor element does not decrease muzzle velocity.

-Sale

I don't know where you guys have been for the past year or so but a fellow by the name of Inferno has found quite a few ways to make a completely silent AEG. Lukey for you I know how he does it so here goes

First pad the gearbox and anyspace inside the gun with sound absorbant foam, pad the motor in the same stuff. stick one the TM P-90TR silencers on the front of it and slap a silent piston head in it. you'll also need one hell of a shim job plenty of alchoal and a sound proof booth :flamed:

I dynamatted the inside of my P90 TR. It made for an interesting change. Kind of muffled the gearbox sound, but didn't eliminate it. I haven't tested it, but I'd say that in conjunction with the included suppressor to reduce the report, it would be difficult to place me at a distance.

My Mk11 MOD 0 suppressor for my SR25 (which is also a functional suppressor with foam inserts like the TR's, definitely reduces the report on that gun. As for the internals, the gun has helical gears and a silent piston head (and one hell of a painstakingly meticulous shim job) and I dare say that while the sound is different, it's not any quieter than my M15 for example (the most similar gun I have to comare it to).

Hmm, it might be fun to do a head to head comparison vs. one or two of my louder guns, maybe my UMG (that thing is really loud!!). I could measure it with my dB meter at a given range, and make a recording to post as well. Maybe this weekend.

ay ay ay ay ay. Soundless - no. Not even in space, actually.

Quieter, yes, but anything that spews a projectile with high velocity in any expedieny fashion is going to make some noise.

The Marui Mk23 NBB is the quietest gun I have, followed by my Tanaka M700 on 134a. Neither of which are really audible beyond 20ft, which is awesome.

Beyond that, throwing BBs is the quietest thing you can do, and I have done it to limited effect. Like a throwing knife, but I hit this dork in the ear.

Quieter, yes, but anything that spews a projectile with high velocity in any expedieny fashion is going to make some noise.

The Marui Mk23 NBB is the quietest gun I have, followed by my Tanaka M700 on 134a. Neither of which are really audible beyond 20ft, which is awesome.

Beyond that, throwing BBs is the quietest thing you can do, and I have done it to limited effect. Like a throwing knife, but I hit this dork in the ear.

One idea I had is to buy a Tanaka M700 light tactical rifle (with the power control system), tune the power to minimum and use this silencer: http://www.airsoftdynamics.com/cgi-bin/ADS...ogno=KMSUPSLONG

What do you think would this one work?

By the way, have you tested wich materials are best for silencing? Better that the regular foam?

I have a Marushin NBB M1910, and with putting foam and the like into the so-called silencer that the thing came with, it is now a pretty quiet and small NBB.

The TMk23 is definately audible, but over longer distances it is hard to pin down. The silencer (as has already been mentioned) just makes the person shooting at you a harder person to 'spot' with sound.

Another thing would be to only fire at your target when it is noisy!

Archived