STAR L86 release date & price

dcentity2000

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does any one have more details?

this things been out over a week and no-one knows, when i called Z1, the women kind of erm thought that they would have ordered some if they're out she supposed but the guy who knew wasn't there and the girl from Wolf plain didn't have a clue.

Cheers

Mig

ive no problem witht the 85A2 price (bought a couple of them) but the LSW price does seem excessive in comparison

Ive had no interest in buying it anyway, but given stars RRP of it is 130 dollars more than the A2 seems a little odd that the retail price diffrence amounts to 220 quid once it hits the shops

Either dealers are taking a hell of a kicking selling the L85 for 400 or they're adding a fair whack on top for the LSW (though I concede Stars discount on one might be a lot more substantial versus the other)

stevie

woaw, the've managed to make the A2 look reasonably priced that takes dedication

and the bipods zinc alloy isn't it?

Cheers

Mig

nope, the bipod and main body, outer barrel and flash hider are steel. the bit under the outer barrel is zinc alloy, along with the sling loops.

on the afv, the front section is zincalloy, but the main body, outer barrel and flash hider are steel.

also, star have announced the price is $760, which equates to £425. I think firesupport are trying to rob us ever so slightly :rolleyes:

I'd defenitely buy one at 420pounds, even 450pounds. But at 650 that b-tch better cook a good breakfast while I do her sister.

Now that that's off my chest... anyone that finds a retailer with some decency (read: lower price) please update this thread with such info.

Just been to firesupport to pick up my AK and I have to say that the L86 doesn't look anything special having seen it in the flesh - having seen the normal L85 a couple of weeks back it's definitely not worth the extra cash - an extra 50-75 quid at most I'd say. Nice gun, but yeeshk.

First impressions:

• It is HEAVY
  • Solid build, feels like you could smack it around all over the place and it would be just fine
  • Takes the 2000 mAh NIMH battery that the carbine does - not enough if it's a support weapon, IMO
  • Changing the battery is cumbersome - you need to unscrew the forward sling thingy and split the foregrip in two, followed by more fiddlyness trying to get it all back together
  • Doesn't come with a case. The box is all nice and padded etc, but no solid case like the one you get with the L85 :(

Rich::

Archived