Star or CA M249? Which one I should buy?

maccarone

Hi to all of You

I just have a simple question behind a huge dilemma :unsure:

The money aren't my problem but i want something that doesn't "leave" me

in the middle of a combat.... I just spent the past three days reading your awesome reports regarding the two "toys" but I can't still make up my mind...

Any suggestion????

Cpt Kaos ;)

the star is very very light, and has two annoying pipes coming from the box mag to the gun

CA is very heavy, but you have to buy a box mag

id buy the CA, more realistic weight, you can use M16 mags, and its got the CA internals, always good. the star is (as with all their guns) an awful lot more expencive than it should be. (with the M14 sopmod being the possible exeption to the rule.)

thats funny onyl a few hours ago i was reading that the STAR M14 SOPMOD is rediculously priced.

anyways - im biased because i have a CA249.

it hasn't let me down in over 140K rounds - i havnt cleaned it, opened it, lubed it or anything. i set the hop then off i went.

it looks, feels and sounds like an absolute beast - on its first outing, it was mistaken for a gas powered gun :D

be careful with the hop, and it has NO problems at all. the worst thing is the box mag isn't remote powered, but thats a cheap and very easy problem to fix.

The CA249 is an AWESOME weapon, one to truly be feared. I don't like the CA box mag, however, I will be buying the MAG one soon. It makes my TM SR-16 feel like a water pistol. I have both the full stock and para stock, I prefer the para stock. There is no substitute for the CA249-go for it. Let the weaklings of the M249 world use the lightweight, not so macho Star one! (In all due respect they are both macho, just one is more macho than the other.) I have yet to field mine fully, but from what I have seen it is great. Go for the CA249!

Cheers!

Crispin1025

Thank You guys... I really think that with few answer You already set my mind...

:P I'm gonna let You know about my new CA"Baby" as soon as I'll get it...

I cannot wait to litterally "wash" all my buddies with that monster..

I'm gonna smoke them... :flamed: hhiihihihihhi

Cpt Kaos

Well, I've witnessed CA249's which have failed halfway through the weekend skirmish. However Gundrosen's (at these forums) STAR M249 spread terror throughout our team. He keeps on spraying those 500 bullet bursts, with no gearbox trouble. It's quite amazing.

Yes, get the CA one by all means. I had a CA249 MKII and had to sell it for reasons i couldnt control, but im already planning on buying another one this summer once i have a job. They are REALLY that good, but this time I plan on the Para version, some people may prefer the MKII but i think its way too bulky compared to the nice compact para.

Guys

a question that doesn't fit in here but I cannot find any answer around, where can I find that stripes that say "m249 user" ,"glock user" , whatever user" ???

They are very COOL.....

I'm always the one asking... hihihihihi :rolleyes:

Cpt Kaos

Thanks G0d I'm 6' for 193.... :P

Had You try the old type chinese chest webbing??

Cpt Kaos

I saw this in another thread (response to it there). If you are big, go for the the big gun-CA249. If you were 5'5", 105 lbs., then the Star may be for you.

They are REALLY that good, but this time I plan on the Para version, some people may prefer the MKII but i think its way too bulky compared to the nice compact para.

I have a Mk46 conversion with the para stock. It is a very nice piece of equipment.

Cheers!

Crispin1025

If money is no problem at all, go for the CA one

That's not to say I'm not satisfied with my STAR M249, but the main reason I went with STAR is because of the pricing. A person like me would benefit more from having $500 extra in my pocket than all the useless bells and whistles that the CA M249 has compared to the STAR M249. But if I had a good-paying job, that would be another story.

I think my STAR M249 is great; high ROF, loud and the auto-winding box mag is standard. Great fun to shoot and does the job perfectly.

But it's not my main weapon and hence not a labour of love (for me) - so it doesn't matter too much that it's plastic and feels a bit "cheap".

If I were to want a support weapon, and this would be my primary weapon, then I'd go spend the money on the CA version and get some nice aftermarket upgrades and bits for it.

Get star, i got my *albatross* lite up over and over, and over, and over again by one today.

Hell, we played a game with yes, 1 guy using a 249 and another using a m4 with drum. The STAR M249 was really shocking. Imagine the north hollywood shootout. We played mercy, they could be alive till they said hit, and couldn't take the pain. So, it was 15 vs 2. We had 1 respawn. So i get up into a corner (indoor facility), shoot at him. He shoots back at me. We all shoot at him, and exchange fire. In the end, he put about 1000 rounds through it and it STILL fires great. The entire day, he put about 2500 through it.

From his opinion, i'd say STAR.

Archived