CYMA CM028S (AK47S)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The magazine is sooooooo bad it's spoilt my enjoymet of my first real AEG :-(

I got some 250 round short magazines on the way, any views as to if theese will solve the burst/wind/burst/wind problem?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...66entry768466

thanks in advance

Orange - you have to buy the AK lower receiver which has proper mounts to attach a buttstock. You can find the part used, or for more money just buy another Cyma (it's only about twice the cost of the lower receiver)!

Plus you'd have to rewrite the gearbox if you wanted to put a bigger battery in the stock.

Al.

Edited by Fodder

Caution: the originally installed air nozzle in 028/028s is longer :angry: The standard AK's one is shorter. On full auto, the longer one blocks BBs from entering the barrel. I was able to fire several BBs only, I was winding all the time. Originally I thought the hi-cap is wrong.

So far I have experienced the same problem in every CYMA AKs (many of my friends got this gun). So if you have above mentioned problems, check your air nozzle first.

Fortunately it can be easily fixed. Get TM/CA air nozzle for AK Series. :)

Goddamn it. Now I'm gonna want one for an MGS3 loadout. :(

Edit ~ THEY'VE GOT THE XM8!!!!

:zorro:

Be aware that the XM8 should be a plastic gearbox one. A dude recently came here from Taiwan and had one there.. apparently the plastic gears make it fire really fast (faster than an aeg)... wouldn't really trust the longevity at all though =)

Al.

There are two versions of the XM8 - The cheaper one that uses a plasticv Ver3 GB copy - tis okay but a bit of a *badgeress* to upgrade without replacing the GB entirely - and the Metal GB version which will come out soonish.

Holy *fruitcake*... Denihilator, you should get +1 from every CM028 owner in my country.

I passed the info to them. Mass nozzle filing underway. ;)

I had to spend the whole Sunday on semi before I figured it out.... :wacko:

Whats an air nozzle?   :P

Figure 1: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/a...hatisanaeg.html

Can I get a clarification on this: does this mean that the hi cap provided actually works fine if you replace the air nozzle? That there is no actual fault with the mag?

The symptoms are likely to be similar to a crappy mag, so initially you think something is wrong with your mag.

gallery_7001_612_2027.jpg

As you can see, the original CYMA air nozzle (upper one) is longer by approx. 1 mm in comparison with CA air nozzle.

Edited by Denihilator

did spot it on the gearboxes I stripped n rebuilt but havent had any of thse in rifles with the original nozzle in them. certainly first thign to look at if you have a prob with known good mags

that said it doesnt seem to affect all of them - the 28S I got in tuesday is still in 'straight out the box' condition with nothing altered yet. Cant confirm if it still has the longer nozzle but does seem to feed reliably on auto

eg

G&P midcaps - filled four times - emptied each fill on one long full auto burst 3 out the 4 fills emptied without any dryfiring at all, and the one in four that dry fired had three or four dryfires towards last third of the mag only

likewise the supplied highcap rattled its way thru 100 or so bbs on a full wind then took three partial winds to empty the rest (no dryfiring other than a couple at start of the mag)

Its possible they've already changed it on later ones? (wont know for sure to I strip the box out) or the ROF from the stock wiring and 8.4v battery might just be giving it an easier time than it would once the ROF gets increased with decent wiring and a 9.6