Metal gear 3, Snake Setup?

chunK

Since the MGS4 E3 trailer is out, I'm suggesting you ditch the MGS3 project, being too easy, bleach your hair, get wrinkly, and buy one of those "self-changing" camo-suits old snake is wearing. That'd be a bit more challenging, eh?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all of my heroes have mullets...

airsoft cosplay eh? cool

... Never though of it that way xD, Just make sure you keep that sailor moon s**ty outta it... Things would just get ridiculous... ><

but thanks for help with the gloves, had a spot of bother with them!

Since the MGS4 E3 trailer is out, I'm suggesting you ditch the MGS3 project, being too easy, bleach your hair, get wrinkly, and buy one of those "self-changing" camo-suits old snake is wearing. That'd be a bit more challenging, eh?

Oh yeah, Shmexy xD

It's an abseiling harness.

This topic has been discussed before along with other cosplay ######, but I cannot for the life of me find the thread :lol:

There was discussion of wearing a wetsuit and the hilarity of seeing a guy running around a skirmish site in one, but yes that would be very hot.

Edit~ Aha, here we are.

This thread reminds me of a picture I took quite a while ago...

...ah yes here it is:

Snake_AB2005.jpg

Yeah so it was at a AnimeCon, so what?

I suggest reading the whole thread ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=36637&st=0

Couldn't help but comment.

Thats not a shirt underneath, or long *albatross* gloves for his arms, hes actually wearing a wetsuit underneath. You can clearly see this near his neck area if you goto the heal menu and zoom in.

Im curious to know why he has the tensor on his right leg, is it so that its easier to access his knife?

*edit* heh.. I see someone beat me to the wetsuit part, I should read it all before replying. Either way, lets talk about his leg :)

:P *double post !

Its not a wet Suit, its supposed to be CQB under armour similar to that of the big boss! its very tight so that it keeps broken bones and fractures in place when they break !

I know i asked Yoji shinkawa how he drew it and hideo kojimas translator explained it and hideo nodded his head when i was 7th in the Que for 8 hours to meet him i spoke to one of the kojima team he also explained it.

Look at my avatar its Snakes gun from Metal Gear 4 complete with Eotech 552 ! oh yeh i rule ! :P

Its LC2 Webbing I dressed as Solid Snake for a month solid ! Use american Under armour for the black pull over underneath, standard BDU alice and Lc2 webbing for the rest and away you go !

DO NOT USE SCUBA GEAR someone did at a game and collapsed and dehydrated !( i ain't kidding either see my previous how to look like solid snake thread)

And its not the snake we all love and care for its naked snake aka big boss, oh i cant wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Game its gonna own staring naked snake set in the 70s yeh you can even play as Para-Medic, Sigint and Major Zero but in the teaser, Ocelot, EVA and Raikov appear as recruitable

Its LC2 Webbing I dressed as Solid Snake for a month solid ! Use american Under armour for the black pull over underneath, standard BDU alice and Lc2 webbing for the rest and away you go !

DO NOT USE SCUBA GEAR someone did at a game and collapsed and dehydrated !( i ain't kidding either see my previous how to look like solid snake thread)

And its not the snake we all love and care for its naked snake aka big boss, oh i cant wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Game its gonna own staring naked snake set in the 70s yeh you can even play as  Para-Medic, Sigint and Major Zero but in the teaser, Ocelot, EVA and Raikov appear as recruitable

Had no idea, thx. I thought the wetsuit made perfect sense for the environment though, cause he does go through alot of water.

So what comes close to simulating this? considering CQB armor does not exist lol.

Couldn't help but comment.

Thats not a shirt underneath, or long *albatross* gloves for his arms, hes actually wearing a wetsuit underneath. You can clearly see this near his neck area if you goto the heal menu and zoom in.

Im curious to know why he has the tensor on his right leg, is it so that its easier to access his knife?

*edit* heh.. I see someone beat me to the wetsuit part, I should read it all before replying. Either way, lets talk about his leg :)

Dont know actually what its for, but its not the knife.. If you look close on his left shoulder area you will see where the knife hangs ;)

Yeah, the one Sigint made him was too flimsy at the join where the blade met the grip apparently, so snake only uses that one for killing stuff like frogs and snakes,.. and mushrooms.

Still, wonder what I could use for the right knee thing...

Sigint made a survival knife that contained all sorts of goodies in the handle. Unfortunately, he hadn't consulted with anyone who actually uses a knife to fight with. As the knife no longer had a full tang, it was too weak to be relied on in combat, unlike the blade Snake used for CQC.

*Waits for someone to disagree*

:zorro:

Archived